• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

I didn't know I wanted this until now.

ScientificPowerlessHuman.gif
That would not end well for Black Beast, not yet. Give him Hunt or someone before he takes on Stipe, Werdum, Overeem, JDS, or Cain.

Heel

“What ‘Cigano’ said was a bit weird,” Werdum said. “‘Cigano’ has been chasing me for a long time. You usually go after the belt, not a fighter. I think that’s weird. I wasn’t offered this (fight). He’s saying I turned it down. I’d fight him just to end this story of him chasing me.”

“Some people think he’s jealous because I became champion beating his ‘dad’ Cain Velasquez, but I don’t think that’s the case,” he continued. “I think he didn’t come out of the closet yet. I don’t have anything against homosexuals, but ‘Cigano’ needs to get out of the closet. He must have something because he won’t forget me. I already told him I’m married. Nothing against gays, but everyone does their own thing.”

DXR63rW.gif

Levito

Banned
I think Cain gets hurt so much is because he's a really mentally tough dude and is used to training through smaller/nagging injuries until they become much worse. I see that at my own gym with dudes who push themselves without proper rest and end up hurting themselves bad, and I imagine a MMA gym(esp a top one like AKA) would be that much worse for that mentality.

If Ferguson makes it past Khabib, I can see him taking the strap off Conor. Just seems like a nightmare matchup unless Conor gets a quick finish.

Ferguson has the potential to be a nightmare matchup for Conor but the big question is if he can take the big shots and not get KO'd. Dude seems to be immune to pain but getting leg kicked and whatnot is a lot different than getting blasted in the jaw. Nate has really good/slick boxing and can roll with punches, Ferguson is a lot more stiff than that. Not sure if he could pull off a similar performance agaisnt Conor.

He could do it, but I'd favor Conor in that fight still. I'm really curious to see if Tony can stuff Khabib's takedowns.

Chumley

Banned
Listening to the latest fight breakdown Rogan podcast, Eddie Bravo laughing about Rogan and Schaub caring about fighters health, dropping the R word like crazy, calling Schaub a wannabe owner of the company for thinking better PPV numbers help fighters. Oh and unironically saying Brietbart and InfoWars are the only real sources of news.

Don't get how Rogan can be friends with such an unrepentant piece of shit, this fucking clown tops himself for stupidity every time I hear him. Rogan barely reels him in at all or calls out anything he says, makes it very easy to label the entire podcast an alt-right haven.

y2dvd

Listening to the latest fight breakdown Rogan podcast, Eddie Bravo laughing about Rogan and Schaub caring about fighters health, dropping the R word like crazy, calling Schaub a wannabe owner of the company for thinking better PPV numbers help fighters. Oh and unironically saying Brietbart and InfoWars are the only real sources of news.

Don't get how Rogan can be friends with such an unrepentant piece of shit, this fucking clown tops himself for stupidity every time I hear him. Rogan barely reels him in at all or calls out anything he says, makes it very easy to label the entire podcast an alt-right haven.

Eddie Bravo is a conspiracy theorist nutcase, but I think the podcast panders to that crowd a little, so he gets a voice.

Not quite as fun or mysterious as I had hoped.

BTW the pic of Ronda and Nunes on that bloody elbow page makes them look like teen hunting protagonists from a YA dystopian future movie.

Doped up pothead says silly, paranoid things. News at 11. (What is the R word?)

N° 2048

Not quite as fun or mysterious as I had hoped.

BTW the pic of Ronda and Nunes on that bloody elbow page makes them look like teen hunting protagonists from a YA dystopian future movie.

I don't know if GAF has an auto ban or auto flag feature but I'm not risking it but I assume the R word is the English translation of the word "late" from French.

Chumley

Banned

Retard, and retarded

And handwaving away being an in insulting, horrendous asshole who peddles harmful things like sandy hook conspiracies and pizzagate just because he smokes pot is ridiculous.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Retard, and retarded

And handwaving away being an in insulting, horrendous asshole who peddles harmful things like sandy hook conspiracies and pizzagate just because he smokes pot is ridiculous.

The guy named his gym after a hidden planet that may or may not destroy earth or be where our Alien overlords are. He's a fucking loon who says loony things.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
All our heroes are ped (or losers to father time)
or abandoned for the new hotness

Why in the world is the UFC making so many concessions for her? The stuff she is getting passes on are unprecedented. She's obviously a huge draw, but she just seems like an emotional wreck.

If she wins, there's likely going to be a Holm rematch for the belt that they'll try to make the biggest women's fight ever

If she loses, and it gets about as many buys as it's expected to, it's likely her last real title shot, if not also PPV main event

Chumley

Banned
Why in the world is the UFC making so many concessions for her? The stuff she is getting passes on are unprecedented. She's obviously a huge draw, but she just seems like an emotional wreck.

If she loses her UFC career is over, Dana will bend over backwards to accommodate her on this one if it helps her for the fight in any way.

Guru-Guru

Banned
If she wins, there's likely going to be a Holm rematch for the belt that they'll try to make the biggest women's fight ever

If she loses, and it gets about as many buys as it's expected to, it's likely her last real title shot, if not also PPV main event
Speaking of Holly Holm, is anybody actually excited to see her fight for the new 145 belt? She's lost 2 in a row. I can't even remember her upcoming opponent. It also is the main event of 208--pretty lame.

If Rousey loses she'll just move to 145 and fight the champ there.

My only answer as to why the UFC makes concessions for her is that she does shit like go on Ellen and other mainstream outlets that others fighters don't do because the mainstream media still doesn't care about MMA.

Heck, yesterday, 2 women in my office that don't follow MMA asked me about the PPV this Friday because of Rousey. So the new owners certainly know what they're doing.

Speaking of Holly Holm, is anybody actually excited to see her fight for the new 145 belt? She's lost 2 in a row. I can't even remember her upcoming opponent. It also is the main event of 208--pretty lame.

Well to be fair one of those two losses was her losing the championship belt in a fight she had been dominating until the 5th round when she made a mistake and the other loss was to a woman whose only loss in 6 years was to the current champ, so its not like she's losing to cans.

Levito

Banned
I'm pretty sure Goldie retired years ago and they've just been using a Mike Goldberg soundboard every fight for the past 5+ years.

Jerm411

Wonder who replaces Goldberg....I know there was the Kellerman rumor but how much sense does that make? I'm sure they'd want Mauro but I don't see him leaving his gig now....interesting times.

Heel

Wonder who replaces Goldberg....I know there was the Kellerman rumor but how much sense does that make? I'm sure they'd want Mauro but I don't see him leaving his gig now....interesting times.

Kellerman would be an immediate upgrade to Goldberg, even if he ended up not having an ounce of MMA knowledge just like him.

Would he leave the boxing world, though? I have my doubts.

Fox318

207 is Goldberg's last event.

Also Meltzer is reporting that Ronda ousted him because she didn't like the commentary in her last fight.

Top Bottom