• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

RustyO

Agent: I've got you a TV modelling gig. International event. Global audience. Houshold names.

Actor: This is it! My big breakthrough. I'm going to be a star! Private jets, cocaine, groupies, movie premieres, red carpet events...

saku%20cup%20noodles%203_zpsb7rxxxth.png

@bokamotoESPN
Dana White says Tony Ferguson agreed to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov but only for exactly what Khabib makes. Says "that ain't happening."

Ferg's shook

phaonaut

@bokamotoESPN
Dana White says Tony Ferguson agreed to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov but only for exactly what Khabib makes. Says "that ain't happening."

Ferg's shook

For some reason I thought Khabib made peanuts.

Edit: Just looked it up, Khabib only made 26k/26k at 205, that is crazy low. Tony definitely deserves at least that.

dem

I've hated Goldie forever..

But hate to see a guy lose his job. Hope he lands on his feet.

I wish the UFC would switch to a 3 man team.

Goldy was sort of endearing, but he was terrible at his job. It wouldn't be a UFC event if Joe Rogan wasn't having to correct him at least like once per round about something.

Jim Rome though? That's is one of the most punchable dudes in sports.

Goldie was often unintentionally hilarious, and I'm used to him so he doesn't irritate me, but on principle, I don't agree with people keeping jobs that they are terrible at just because they've had them for many years. He's been terrible for many years and probably shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

However, I anticipate watching on mute if JR or someone equally irritating replaces him.

iddqd

I only remember seeing Rome in that one Dana White interview.
Whats his deal? He reminds me a bit of Denis Leary/ Dennis Miller. That kinda dude?

Levito

Banned
That's actually kind of harsh considering Dana has said Goldie is his friend. Not that that means anything either way cause Dana's word is worth jack.

Does anyone remember that interview Ariel did with Dana a few years ago where mid interview you hear "I'M NAKED" in the background and Dana looks all shocked and says "Mike Goldberg just ran by with no shirt on".

Oh god I actually found it. (4:22 mark)

For some reason I thought Khabib made peanuts.

Edit: Just looked it up, Khabib only made 26k/26k at 205, that is crazy low. Tony definitely deserves at least that.
So WTF does Tony make? Like 15k/15k? Geez, ridiculously low but I understand why the UFC is playing hardball. Both dudes have yet to prove they can draw an winning the interim strap will guarantee you PPV points on the next fight. Hey, they signed the contracts, fight it out and renegotiate then. Gotta prove you can sell a fight before getting paid.

Agent: I've got you a TV modelling gig. International event. Global audience. Houshold names.

Actor: This is it! My big breakthrough. I'm going to be a star! Private jets, cocaine, groupies, movie premieres, red carpet events...

saku%20cup%20noodles%203_zpsb7rxxxth.png

Cup Noodle man will be the main character in Final Fantasy 15 DLC

Chumley

Banned
207 is Goldberg's last event.

Also Meltzer is reporting that Ronda ousted him because she didn't like the commentary in her last fight.

Lol I'm not even mad if Ronda did it because Goldberg is terrible, though Rogan played off him nicely most of the time.

If the Rizin 12/29 card is tonight in an hour and a half, does that mean the 12/31 card is starting somewhere around the latter part of the UFC 207?

Someone needs to do the google MMA calendar again.

Oh I see thanks, their calendar even converts to your timezone. Indeed, I have to get home as fast as I can after work on Friday to watch the end of UFC 207 and then straight into Rizin.

Jerm411

Re-watching Holm/Rousey on Fight Pass and towards the end of the 1st Rogan is talking about how Ronda is gassed....Goldberg quips "it takes a lot of energy to be a rockstar"....

JFC Friday cannot get here quick enough.....

^shit I did miss that. I just tuned in and saw Heath Herring's swollen face for the first time in 10 years.

Well, it's a week night and it'll be my bedtime soon so it would help if I had someone screaming at me to keep me awake.

But the opening ceremony started and we got Lenne so I'm good now.

Top Bottom