• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

iddqd

What's everyone's single most memorable moment in 2016 in MMA? Mine is Bisping beating Rockhold because I still can't fucking believe that happened.

Thats a great one...
Hm... Choi/Cub is fairly fresh, Connor/Diaz 2, the first round was stuck in my head as a perfect round for Connor.
Maia backpacking on Matt Brown and then choking out Condit...

What's everyone's single most memorable moment in 2016 in MMA? Mine is Bisping beating Rockhold because I still can't fucking believe that happened.

I know it just happened but Gabi v Hotta will haunt me for years.

Besides that, seeing Cupcake finally win the belt by subbing HH in the last round after getting beaten on for 4 rounds.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
My favorite moment of 2016 is every time an MMA topic lasts in the OT just a bit too long and the discussion goes hilarious.

Levito

Banned
Besides that, seeing Cupcake finally win the belt by subbing HH in the last round after getting beaten on for 4 rounds.

That Tate vs Holm fight is one one my favs because the final round is just so bananas. Tate going for Holm's back, Holm doing that front flip to try and get Tate off, Holm going out punching. Just an incredible round.

Thats a great one...
Hm... Choi/Cub is fairly fresh, Connor/Diaz 2, the first round was stuck in my head as a perfect round for Connor.
Maia backpacking on Matt Brown and then choking out Condit...

Conor/Diaz 2 still fight of the year I think. I haven't seen the Choi/Cub fight yet though.

Maia's post fight after Condit was my moment. Dude thanked the jiu jitsu community (which I'm a part of) and nearly had me in tears.

I was in the arena in Vancouver for that. The crowd was so salty when Maia won, it was great.

Heel

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/18379890/in-quest-revenge-pride-ronda-rousey-lost-own-way

The last time he spoke to Rousey, late Friday night after a brutal first-round knockout loss to Amanda Nunes, White was the one doing all the talking. She barely said a word.

"I must have tears, blood and boogers all over my f---ing jacket. I went in there and hugged her for 45 minutes," White said. "I told her, 'I love you so much, and whatever you want to do next, I got your back. You built this. This doesn't exist without you. You're the best decision I ever made.'"

Ose8bv8.gif

Heel

Never forget.

If McMahon’s plan had gone as he hoped, the UFC would not have heard from Mike Goldberg at all on October 3rd, and would not even have known where he was. Goldberg would have no-showed the UFC event, and Zuffa would have found out that Goldberg had signed with WWE by seeing him appear on live television as the lead announcer of WWE Raw on USA Network that same night.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They have to reveal their new PBP man pretty soon, right? For how bad Jim Rome might be, I can't deal with Jon Anik.

I actually thought the pbp guy before Goldberg was decent. Can't remember his name, but he was partnered with Jeff Blatnik for a long time. It was jarring when they switched to Goldberg because Goldberg was total shit in the beginning. He ended up improving a lot but man was he rough to start off. Same with Buffer -- horrible announcer voice and drawn out boring introductions. He still doesn't have a great goice, but he makes up for it with intensity and goofiness now.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sounds like they hired Grisham to take Anik's spot on the b-team and they'll probably move Anik to work with Joe. 🤢🤢🤢

Eanan

Grisham is on a trial of 4 FS1 cards apparently. I dont mind him, so will be interesting to see how he does, I think he wont have the charisma though.

Interesting choice nonetheless.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I haven't had ESPN in years so I didn't know who Grisham is. Top page on Google is full of results about him bitching that Ichiro uses a translator (way back in 2016, so I'm sure all is forgiven). Well...good luck in the UFC, then.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Wasnt there rumors that rogan wanted out asap? Were those untrue or did the new landlords sweeten the deal to hang onto him?

Heel

Sounds like they hired Grisham to take Anik's spot on the b-team and they'll probably move Anik to work with Joe. ������

dDJvqDk.gif

Wasnt there rumors that rogan wanted out asap? Were those untrue or did the new landlords sweeten the deal to hang onto him?

Dana said we'd hear about the new hire by July, which makes me think there's still one coming. Maybe Joe will be gone too when his new one-year expires, making Jim Rome the new color guy? Guh.

Top Bottom