• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Levito

Banned
Like 8 months ago people were calling RDA the Lightweight GOAT. Then he went on to have maybe the worst fall in 2016 for an MMA fighter.

Kinda sucks, good luck to him though.

I don't think he'll fare better there, but respect for realizing he can't make weight and moving up.

Hm that's a random surprise. Not sure if he can hold his own at 170 at his size with guys cutting down from 185-200. I guess that's the end of his career after a brilliant run in 2016 at 155.

That's weird considering Cowboy did the same thing to much success. RDA is a better fighter than him in my opinion.

zewone

Hm that's a random surprise. Not sure if he can hold his own at 170 at his size with guys cutting down from 185-200. I guess that's the end of his career after a brilliant run in 2016 at 155.

That's weird considering Cowboy did the same thing to much success. RDA is a better fighter than him in my opinion.

I was about to say the same thing. Cowboy looks great at 170 and getting close to his own 170lb title shot.

I personally am a bigger fan of Cowboy's than RDA, but RDA is likely the more skilled fighter. It's wrong to think 170 is an impossible mountain for him.

I wish more people would fight at their proper weight class.

Levito

Banned
Fuck I just remembered Bisping is going to fight Yoel Romero. That might be our first in-octagon death.

I still can't believe Woodly beat him.

Is it really that hard to believe though? Robbie was in back to back fights of the year, it's bound to take it's toll. Lawler has been fighting FOREVER too.

Also clearly Woodley is a lot better now and people(including myself) weren't giving him enough credit.

funny how the 2 fox coworkers and champions (Woodley and Bisping) are lobbying to fight each other at a catch weight so they don't have to actually put their belts on the line against the likes of Yoel and Maia.

Levito

Banned
Shouldn't Woodley rematch Thompson before anything else? Like Maia has earned a shot but a draw after the first fight would be ideal.

Woodley is likely stalling and asking for catchweights with Bisping or Conor fights. Can't blame him for wanting to hold on to his belt.

Chumley

Banned
Here's hoping to the Count continuing his fairy tale run

I'm rooting for him 100 percent. I think he'll fare better than Weidman did, he's smart enough to not get exposed to something like that crazy fucking knee and can withstand some big hits anyway. His only hope is keeping distance and picking him apart for a decision.

funny how the 2 fox coworkers and champions (Woodley and Bisping) are lobbying to fight each other at a catch weight so they don't have to actually put their belts on the line against the likes of Yoel and Maia.

Woodley has to fight Thompson again, their fight was a draw. That should come before anything else, though I understanding Bisping trying to dodge Yoel.

Levito

Banned
Wasn't the "gay Jesus" thing because Yoel was trying to say "don't forget Jesus" but he can't speak English at all so Gay Jesus™ was born?

Wasn't the "gay Jesus" thing because Yoel was trying to say "don't forget Jesus" but he can't speak English at all so Gay Jesus™ was born?

I think he wanted to say "No forget Jesus" but gay marriage was a hot button issue at the time so people (myself included) immediately thought he was saying "No for gays, Jesus" and gay bashing.

Heel

Any potential promo material really needs to include Bisping shooting that make-believe needle in his ass in the audience when Yoel called him out. That was classic.

N° 2048

Any potential promo material really needs to include Bisping shooting that make-believe needle in his ass in the audience when Yoel called him out. That was classic.

untitled-9j9swf.gif

brentech

Woodley is likely stalling and asking for catchweights with Bisping or Conor fights. Can't blame him for wanting to hold on to his belt.
Totally this. Wants as many money fights as possible, and if he doesn't have to put the belt on the line he can guarantee more money. Trying to follow Conor's footsteps.

pixelation

And Romero would be the most boring champ on the roster. Dude does not talk about anything except Jesus ever.

He does look scary as fuck though... W/O the glasses, like when he was marching outside the cage after he beat Weidman... shit was scary... to me at least!

Tony Ferguson's social media says to expect a positive exciting announcement soon. Glad he's gonna get paid.

UFC was so transparent with their phoney Khabib vs Aldo, Khabib vs Conor in Russia talk. Fans and Tony knew it was all BS to get him to take the fight for cheap.

That said, I'm still intrigued that the UFC was so quick to strip Conor and put up interim belts for the 2 divisions. Makes we wonder if they know something we all don't and that they're actually serious about sidelining Conor for a potential boxing match with Mayweather.

pixelation

This Garbrandt dude keeps trying to duck Dillashaw, he says he does not get PPV buys, this is a sport not a popularity contest. TJ should be next in line, the whole champ cherry picking has got to be stopped or just do away with the rankings. It's plain stupid even if it does make sense financially speaking.

Fox318

Watching Rickey Gervais training for his celebrity boxing match in 2002.

His strikes on his first days already look better than Rondas.

I'm not joking.

This Garbrandt dude keeps trying to duck Dillashaw, he says he does not get PPV buys, this is a sport not a popularity contest. TJ should be next in line, the whole champ cherry picking has got to be stopped or just do away with the rankings. It's plain stupid even if it does make sense financially speaking.
TJ refers to Cody's coaches as his best friends so I think that might have something to do with Cody not wanting the fight. Some friendships will likely end between TAM members and TJ once that fight is announced.

Cody doesn't have anywhere near the pull that Conor does. On top of that both guys sold the fuck out of a matchup at 207. Cody/TJ is going to happen, I think you can rest easy.

pixelation

TJ refers to Cody's coaches as his best friends so I think that might have something to do with Cody not wanting the fight. Some friendships will likely end between TAM members and TJ once that fight is announced.
Friendships be damned, this is the fight game bud... :)
Cody doesn't have anywhere near the pull that Conor does. On top of that both guys sold the fuck out of a matchup at 207. Cody/TJ is going to happen, I think you can rest easy.
I hope you're right bud!!!

Top Bottom