• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

UFCs next big star:

https://instagram.com/p/BOz71BWDIbu/

McKenzie Dern (NSFWish)
She does have tons of heart, isn't afraid to get punched in the face, and genuinely wants to improve. She's been a multi-time world jiu jitsu champion in her own weight class and faced off numerous times versus Gabi Garcia in the absolute division and even won a fight against Gabi based on advantages (positions). Compared to judo, jiu jitsu is better suited for MMA as it incorporates wrestling, not just clinches and throws. Dern is also so far ahead with her ground game compared to the current UFC roster that she likely beats any female not ranked in the top 5.

Levito

Banned
"She sells brazilian jiu jitsu by the sea shore"

Also I still say they should make Don Cherry a commentator. We need horrendously ugly suits and literal octopuses on UFC broadcasts.

Eanan

The sooner Gooden and Hardy are the A team, the better. The rest can piss off, i'd rather listen in silence than listen to Brian Stann and Annik.

Levito

Banned
How could anyone think that fight was stopped too soon? Rousey was just eating punches and barely able to stand.

I feel like every time I hear mainstream sports media or casual fans discuss Ronda, Edmond Tarverdyan is never brought up. Not that they should know who he is but there's an entire backstory they're all missing.

Chumley

Banned
Why do people bring in Michael Rappaport to talk about anything?

Sometimes he can be hilarious.

Also, 2016 awards going out. I can't disagree with Bisping being fighter of the year just based on how nobody in their right mind expected him to win the fights he did. Even if two of them were close decisions.

Ya, that was nice of Rizin to give him that one last GP win to end his career on. I definitely didn't want to see him up against legit competition again. He's always seemed like a good guy and I hated to see him get hurt.

Levito

Banned
He got that dope-ass "you are now a member of the Yakuza" watch from that GP too. Also his last UFC fight being a revenge-victory against Gonzaga is a great way to leave that organization.

Bless HGH for giving us a happy ending for Mirko.

Bellator looking to get Bader too

The Viacom-owned promotion will make light heavyweight Ryan Bader (22-5 MMA, 15-5 UFC) an offer within the next two weeks, according to a senior Bellator official.

The fighter currently is within the matching period of his UFC deal, meaning the industry-leading promotion has the right to match any offer made by another promoter.

Mirko Cro Cop formally retired from MMA today too.

Not gonna lie, had a real soft spot for this guy. Hope he has a relaxing retirement, kinda got really hard watching some of his fights in the past 5 years or so cause he'd get destroyed by much younger and better athletes.

Cro Cop and Peter Aerts were my mma heroes when I first got into it and kickboxing. Bummed they're both gone now. Eventually we all get 10-9'ed by life.

Mirko signing with UFC and being immediately bodied by Gabriel Gonzaga was a pretty high point on MMA-GAF when the Pride vs UFC wars were still being fought.

Mirko signing with UFC and being immediately bodied by Gabriel Gonzaga was a pretty high point on MMA-GAF when the Pride vs UFC wars were still being fought.

Holy shit that must've been annoying for everyone involved. Imagine if we had a large Bellator contingent coming in here and there was constant bickering. Thankfully that'll never happen.

I joined GAF January 2010 so I guess I mostly missed that era.

Fox318

Holy shit that must've been annoying for everyone involved. Imagine if we had a large Bellator contingent coming in here and there was constant bickering. Thankfully that'll never happen.

I joined GAF January 2010 so I guess I mostly missed that era.

DaDa 5000 could totally beat Stipe

The round cage leads to more exciting fights than the octagon

We need some Bellator fans to spice things up here

zewone

Bader should go to Bellator.

He is and will always be a UFC gatekeeper. Might as well get paid before becoming totally irrelevant.

Levito

Banned
The fact of the matter is Bellator has far more vicious fighters. Dada 5000 and Kimbo went to war and we all saw what happened. Would a UFC fighter ever almost die due to exhaustion? Nope, not the same kind of determination and heart.

Bellator Never Die
unless you are really out of shape then you might die.

Heel

Bader should go to Bellator.

He is and will always be a UFC gatekeeper. Might as well get paid before becoming totally irrelevant.

Ryan Bader lost to Tito Ortiz, who lost to Liam McGeary in Bellator. If you follow the math, that means Bellator is better than the UFC.

Levito

Banned
The sad part is while we make fun of Rizin and Bellator for their goofy shit, both promotions have far better production values than the UFC. It feels like the broadcast presentation at the UFC has barely changed in 15 years aside from the shitty Rebook kits.

Mirko Cro Cop formally retired from MMA today too.

Not gonna lie, had a real soft spot for this guy. Hope he has a relaxing retirement, kinda got really hard watching some of his fights in the past 5 years or so cause he'd get destroyed by much younger and better athletes.

The reason I got into MMA. The first ever MMA event I watched was when Mirko fought Randleman (RIP) the 2nd time and submitted him. When Gonzaga Cro Cop'd Cro Cop I was honestly shocked. It still looks unbelievable to me! They tried to set him up as the next HW champ but that plan busted hard.

The sad part is while we make fun of Rizin and Bellator for their goofy shit, both promotions have far better production values than the UFC. It feels like the broadcast presentation at the UFC has barely changed in 15 years aside from the shitty Rebook kits.

The Pride intros were high quality. UFC couldnt catch up to them after all these years.

Top Bottom