• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Rur0ni

Does New Mexico have the death penalty?
This might be an appropriate application.

Maybe Jon's turn-by-turn nav was hacked? Let's not jump to conclusions until we hear the full story.
This is completely reasonable. Sometimes Nav tells me to make random u-turns. :)

maybe related?

https://twitter.com/ABQPOLICE/status/592409410854486016

The fuck is JBJ drinking in the middle of the day.
The lights of stardom too bright?

Dysun

fuckinprioritiesyagoof.gif

alienxx45

This is why they have the jonesVrumble and wieldmanVvitor match on the same card. It was inevitable that one of those fights will be pulled. Thought it would be the other one. go figure.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This Reebok deal
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/other/ultimate_fighting/2015/04/a_big_deal_for_lauzon
The UFC has revised its policy for how fighters will be paid under a game-changing sponsorship alliance with Canton-based Reebok that is set to begin in July.

The organization initially said fighters would be compensated in tiers based on its internal rankings, a scattershot system decided by an invited, eclectic group of media members.

But after nearly universal criticism, the UFC announced in an April 20 email to fighters that, “Through further review, and in consultation with you, the UFC athletes, UFC made the decision to amend the AOP (Athlete Outfitting Policy) compensation structure, from a rankings-based model to an athlete tenure model.”

The email, signed by UFC CEO Fertitta and the organization’s president, White, stated: “This means that you will be compensated for your compliance with the AOP based on the number of cumulative bouts in which you have fought, rather than your current standing in the UFC rankings. The cumulative bouts will include the upcoming bout for which you are getting compensated.”

The deal also contains higher payouts for champions and title challengers.

The email further states that the UFC will “within the next few weeks” disclose payment tiers. It’s expected to roughly approximate $5,000 for fighters with zero to five UFC fights, $8,000-$10,000 for five to ten fights, $12,000-$15,000 for 11-15 fights, and $18,000-$20,000 for 16-20 fights.

According to the notice, fighters “will also earn royalty revenue from the sale of the products that use the athlete’s name and/or likeness” and that said “royalty payments will be made to fighters based on the terms of their UFC Merchandise Rights Agreement.”

The Reebok pact bans fighters from wearing sponsors they independently secure at UFC events, including on UFC produced content like “Countdown” specials to hype upcoming bouts.
Errbody gettin screwed. Dana & friends lining their pockets.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2015...-wear-shorts-worth-2-25m-for-mayweather-fight
The Bulletin learned yesterday that Pacquiao's short pants for the coming fight will have a value of P100 million ($2.25m / £1.5m) after top Philippine companies vied to have their logos on the pants. That would make the pants the most expensive in the world.

Jones posted an instagram really earlier this morning wishing everyone a good morning and then said something about "Deez Nuts" then started laughing like a maniac. He deleted it.

DC won't want Rumble. Since Luke has the winner of the Weidman/Vitor fight, get Jacare to move up in weight and make the interim fight with Rumble. Would much rather see Jacare fight for the 205 interim belt than have Rampage, Gus, or Bader.

FROM HERO TO ZERO!!! *dx sign* Oh Jonny baby can you hear the sound of all these broken hearts?

Cocaine and car crashes reminiscent of destruction derby 1 on PS1.

I love Jon Jones!

iddqd

UFC 187 poster, aka "why put effort into something that will be changed twice or more?"

CDmpsgrW0AIAVLj.jpg

Johnson and Belfort with mad-mugging-sitting-on-the-toilet-face. Shitty photoshop thing that takes away the attention. Its a UFC poster alright!

(that reminds me, there is no good way to order a PRIDE poster right? Some of these are bananas enough to not feel embarrassed in front of my wife should I hang it up
http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2433 )

Razdek

Banned
FROM HERO TO ZERO!!! *dx sign* Oh Jonny baby can you hear the sound of all these broken hearts?

Cocaine and car crashes reminiscent of destruction derby 1 on PS1.

I love Jon Jones!

Yep, smart inside the ring but dumb as fuck outside it. Waiting for those sweet pics of him in handcuffs to show up. Too bad his God won't help him now.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm still waiting for Weidman to pull out injured, and have been since the event was announced.

industrian

It's hard to read the situation with Jones, but I feel that the pressure of training + lifestyle choices + having to conform to an "image" + expectations + baby mama + drugs + his duties as a champ/sponsored fighter + not being able to live like a normal 20-30 year old + etc... has really fucked him up. Either that or this is the greatest troll job in the history of sports.

scabro

By most accounts Jon didn't even work out or train between fights at all, got by on his natural ability and athleticism, and has been financing the country of Colombia for years and years. Dude's been like this from the beginning.

By most accounts Jon didn't even work out or train between fights at all, got by on his natural ability and athleticism, and has been financing the country of Colombia for years and years. Dude's been like this from the beginning.
Exactly. He admitted to being a recreational drug user last Winter. There have been several accusations by his peers that his poster boy image isn't genuine. It's not any different than other stars living a life of privilege.

He's had several driving related accidents in which he may have been intoxicated.

The only thing shocking is that, we, the public don't know who the real Jon Jones is. But thanks to out of competition drug testing, live microphones and hit and run or driving accidents we get a peek into his life and who he truly is.

industrian

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Jones was gay and all of his antics were all just the consequences of severe repression.

I'm counting the days until he retires from the UFC and moves to San Francisco under the name Big Dwight Johns.

If I was ultimate champion in my early 20s, I'd be doing the same shit. Drugs, whores, living the dream like Kenny Powers. Bones getting heat now because he tried to front as a holier than thou clean cut square and hes black.

If he was white, it would be boys will be boys.

Yaari

If I was ultimate champion in my early 20s, I'd be doing the same shit. Drugs, whores, living the dream like Kenny Powers. Bones getting heat now because he tried to front as a holier than thou clean cut square and hes black.

If he was white, it would be boys will be boys.

Well, we're reaching late 20's now, and the behaviour only gotten worse. About time they take a stand on him.

The 24 hour rehab was a cute PR stunt but nobody is going to but that this time. I'd like to see what their response will be.

Probably already contacting people for a replacement. Hopefully not Bader though, that's the last fight I want to see.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
We've said for a long time now that Bones should embrace being THE MMA heel. He could be the UFC's Tyson or Mayweather.

industrian

Hopefully not Bader though, that's the last fight I want to see.

No-one wants to see Bader anywhere near a title shot. But he's the only one with a good-enough win streak to justify one. That and I imagine he's already in training for his fight with DC right now.

Speaking of DC, as he was Jones' last victim - and if he is training right now for his fight with Bader - he could probably get an interim title shot against Rumble.

Top Bottom