• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Hope Josh Thompson gets the call to fight Cerrone.

So I read Nate Diaz didn't sign the Matt Brown contract and has called out Khabib after his injury announcement??? WTF is wrong with this kid.

Khabib injured his knee, out of UFC 187

This card was too good to be true..

inhcik8o7he67y0qrt.gif

Razdek

Banned
Gus needs to stop reminiscenting about the Jones fight as he's starting to sound like that quarterback in high school that almost won a title but didn't. He got his ass beat by Rumble so maybe he should fight some cans before thinking he's still hot shit.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I could easily see the winner of Gustafsson/Teixeira getting the next title shot. For the simple reason that there's a real dry spell of talent in the LHW division right now.

Jones is MIA.
DC/Rumble are fighting for the belt.
Bader is in limbo needing a new fight - and he's the only guy after Rumble to have a meaningful win streak in the division.
And Rashad could break every bone in his body, retire, die, have his ashes scattered in space, and he'd still be ranked in the top 5.

Once you get out of the top 5 contenders of the LHW division it's like scorched earth. Seriously, we're looking at guys like Manuwa, OSP, Shogun, Cavalcante, Krylov, and fucking Rampage here.

industrian

At this point, Mr. Brain Cotton is a shoo-in for a title shot if he wins his first fight in the division.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
He died how he lived. Talking about vaginas.
Is ok, is normal. He back soon.

I'm glad Nicki Minaj looks like a smoking hot black chick again. I was scared during her barbie doll phase that she would devolve into a Celestial Mob like Lil Kim has.

Yaari

A shit fight. Makdessi should not be getting rewarded with fights when he's scamming fellow fighters with his Fear the Fighter business.

I'd rather see them give it to Josh Thompson who was pretty much ready to go.

VoxPop

Cowboy vs...........John Makdessi

What in the fuck. I hope Cowboy spinning backfists him to Bellator.

They couldn't get Thomson, Melendez, Michael Johnson, Ferguson, Masvidal, Green or even Raging Al?

This card has turned to utter shit from one of the best cards in a decade.

dream

You guys watch football. CNN sent me a notification saying that the Tampa Bay team took Jameis Winston as the top pick, but he "brings a troubled past." What is this troubled past? Guns? Slangin? Bones Jones shit?

VoxPop

it's not utter shit, we just had ufc 186

disappointing considering what it looked like a week ago, sure

Well nothing could really be worse than 186 but the fact that this PPV was supposed to top UFC 100, its extremely disappointing hearing of all the injuries. Not to mention the joke of a replacement in Makdessi. Cormier has no business going for the title after getting crushed by Bones but I guess there really isn't anyone else to face Rumble atm since sore loser Gus got destroyed.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I can be sure that when 187 was announced that everyone said it was never going to come to pass as expected.

It's still easily the best card in quite a while, but who knows. Plenty of time for more bs to happen.

But there's legitimately 10 fights on this card I'm looking forward to.

So utter shit is stupid to say.

industrian

MjFrancis

Jedrzejczyk has that early 90's UFC fighting style that is charming to watch, but I'm disappointed that we are losing Gustafsson/Teixeira. She still has a skill level for her division where it's clear she has the potential to be champion for a while but she's not unstoppable either, so straw weight is in no threat of becoming stale.

Why not make Bader vs Glover happen? Bader lost his opponent, DC, and still has 7 weeks to train. This way, after the DC/Johnson fight, you'll have both Gus or the winner of Bader/Glover ready to fight the new champ by year's end.

Jedrzejczyk has that early 90's UFC fighting style that is charming to watch, but I'm disappointed that we are losing Gustafsson/Teixeira. She still has a skill level for her division where it's clear she has the potential to be champion for a while but she's not unstoppable either, so straw weight is in no threat of becoming stale.
Claudia beat Joanna in their fight. Claudia's late hits after the bell probably swayed the judges' split decision in Joanna's favor though. The division is wide open for anyone including Penne.

iddqd

Man, Germany is a tough market, even with a more "popular" main event.

The media coverage will at least be a bit different, the female angle might take off some of that "bloodsport" vibe MMA always gets there.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
lul, Uncle Dana & Conor on Sportscenter promoting the Pac/Mayweather fight. (why the hell is ESPN pushing this so hard? It's not like they get any PPV money).

Top Bottom