• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Just got back from the event. It was awesome and the KC crowd was amazing. They were so loud and were really behind DJ which was nice to see him get some love.

Great trip. Hope all of MMA GAF enjoyed the fight's

Fitts

Having wins over people on the same level as Belfort and Hendo is something MM may never accomplish so IMO its not ever going to be as good.

I think you may be overvaluing heavily promoted names and undervaluing skill. I'm not saying that Vitor and Hendo weren't quality wins at the time when Anderson faced them, but every single victory DJ has had at 125 has come against a highly skilled, quality opponent. Taking all title defenses into account for Silva, GSP, or Jones, I'd rank the average skill level of DJ's opponents over any of them because each has had their share of meh opponents.

No offense intended. You're entitled to your opinion.

Just got back from the event. It was awesome and the KC crowd was amazing. They were so loud and were really behind DJ which was nice to see him get some love.

Y'all done good, fam.

brentech

Jacare never stopped circling to his left.
Rose kicked Waterson back a couple years.
MM still cleaning out people that I don't know who they are until they fight him. I doubt Cody could make the weight, but he says he wants MM.

One of the few times a card is GMT friendly and I don't get home till 4:30 in the morning. I hear DJ dominated every round. Can't wait to watch the fight.

HOLY SHIT.

Mighty Mouse beat the shit out of Reis and submitted him. Handed him his first submission loss in 29 fights.

Mighty Mouse is the GOAT.

Don't even try that shit with discrediting his opponents. Flyweight is a stacked division. Mighty Mouse is just way too damn good.

Chumley

Banned
Jacare never stopped circling to his left.
Rose kicked Waterson back a couple years.
MM still cleaning out people that I don't know who they are until they fight him. I doubt Cody could make the weight, but he says he wants MM.

I think fighters who are big names at 135 coming down to 125 and then getting killed by MM is the way the 125 division gains notoriety, and if need be MM then goes up to 135 and beats someone like Cruz (which I think is a real possibility). I think casual fans have a perception of 125 being full of weak fighters who can't touch higher weight classes or do anything to anyone except for the "small" guys, and the goal should be to change that perception even if it means pulling carny shit. If 125 gains more viewers and higher pay, you'll find stronger competition that way too.

Heel

It's about to go down, brehs. Jazzy Alpha Female in this bitch.

5c35f4f2e5c21af21132a3026e3840fd.png

2179e5d349d8dda0a9edfa429e8043db.png

Your traps could never:
6cdf28afad7eeeca145385e91e9a57bc.png

c1186dc86cc397dfb96b73f44e124044.png

Tenshin-kun would fuck Mighty Mouse's world up.

Kelsdesu

lmao push him? THis is the 12th card where he has been the headliner or co-headliner. HE's also been co-headliner on the same card with other popular fighters like Jon Jones, Rampage, Bisping, and nothing has put him over. How much "pushing" is required? Cody Garbrant became a bigger star than DJ will ever be in one fight. It's not a knock on his talent, he's amazing, but he's never going to be at that level and it's not for lack of trying. It's hard enough to get people to give a shit about the smaller divisions, having one guy run through it and dominate it the way DJ has only makes it less interesting.

We discussed this last week. I really feel it would be in the UFCs interest to make him as successful as possible. Not even going to use the Rhonda argument(although I do agree with it)Its just a shame. Guy comes in and is finishing people and nothing. Has the UFC really become the new WW....

You know what it has.

We discussed this last week. I really feel it would be in the UFCs interest to make him as successful as possible. Not even going to use the Rhonda argument(although I do agree with it)Its just a shame. Guy comes in and is finishing people and nothing. Has the UFC really become the new WW....

You know what it has.

The UFC is trying. Again, he's headlined a shit ton of shows. PPVs, FX, Fox, free tv, at some point you have to come to the realization he's just not a draw. Again, that's not a knock on him, but you guys act like he's some new sensation that came out of nowhere. He's been around for a long time and people just haven't cared. Odds are they never will.

Chumley

Banned
The UFC is trying. Again, he's headlined a shit ton of shows. PPVs, FX, Fox, free tv, at some point you have to come to the realization he's just not a draw. Again, that's not a knock on him, but you guys act like he's some new sensation that came out of nowhere. He's been around for a long time and people just haven't cared. Odds are they never will.

I'll believe the UFC is trying when Mighty Mouse fights and wins at 135 and they design a promotion campaign around that. The only way to get people to care is to get them to understand that 125 is a group of killers who could kill people at higher weight classes, not a group of small weaklings who are scared of people bigger than them.

I'll believe the UFC is trying when Mighty Mouse fights and wins at 135 and they design a promotion campaign around that. The only way to get people to care is to get them to understand that 125 is a group of killers who could kill people at higher weight classes, not a group of small weaklings who are scared of people bigger than them.

Before tonight when has Mighty Mouse ever expressed the desire to go to 135? Why is that on the UFC? And if MM goes to 135 and is beaten then what?

Chumley

Banned
Before tonight when has Mighty Mouse ever expressed the desire to go to 135? Why is that on the UFC? And if MM goes to 135 and is beaten then what?

If he's beaten then fine, the experiment failed, but if he isn't then the UFC has their promo work lined up for them. I've thought for years Mighty Mouse should go up and show casual fans that the skill level of 125 is flat out higher than 135, but other 125 fighters should too. It's not exactly fair or right but it's one way I think that division could penetrate to casual fans. To just give up and say "he's not a draw and never will be" is defeatist and absurd when he's as good as he is, and he's only 30 years old.

Man Jacare lost that fight after that first scramble. He looked tired and slow after that. Makes me think USADA or he got old overnight. Hope Maia doesn't get old overnight.

This DJ fight was the most I've ever been impressed with him. Reis looked like he had a good game plan until DJ seemed to shift a gear, make proper distance adjustments, and get faster going in and out. Then slowly picked him apart and broke him.

Chumley

Banned
Saiga wins I'm pretty sure, he did more damage.

edit: Well I was wrong as hell, I thought Rizin only cares about straight up damage but I guess ground control matters too

Top Bottom