• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Kind of excited, as I am for every Barboza fight. A Next Big Thing who has a glass chin is the greatest gimmick ever.

Just give him some horse meat and watch him destroy everyone at a higher weight class.

Joe Rogan quote regarding sponsor pay via mmajunkie.com:

"I don't like when I see fighters suffering financially. I don't like it. At all."

"Whenever you see these guys complaining and talking about the difference in the amount of pay that they’re getting, that’s not good – just not good. All that stuff had to be worked out. It should have been worked out, I think, before. Even the champs get 40 grand. The best guys in the world get 40 grand? That just doesn’t seem like enough to me. It just doesn’t."

I'm just happy pettis is not the champ anymore
Just think of all the potential champs at 155. Other than Cerrone they're all incredibly prone to injury - Pettis, Bendo, RDA, Nurmy, Melendez.

Heel

PBC boxing is on CBS at 1pm PT. Shrug.

Metamoris 6 starts at 3pm PT. 20 minutes, sub only, empty studio for uh..Japanese atmosphere.

Josh Barnett vs. Ryron Gracie
Chael Sonnen vs. Babalu Sobral
Joe Lauzon vs. Dillon Danis
Xande Ribeiro vs. Keenan Cornelius
Clark Gracie vs. Roberto Satoshi
Jeff Monson vs. Jimmy Friedrich

Canelo vs. Kirkland at 6pm PT on HBO. Nice fight here.

UFC prelims at 3:45pm PT, main card 8pm PT. Card here. I won't complain because my ass is watching anyway.

scabro

PBC boxing is on CBS at 1pm PT. Shrug.

Metamoris 6 starts at 3pm PT. 20 minutes, sub only, empty studio for uh..Japanese atmosphere.

Josh Barnett vs. Ryron Gracie
Chael Sonnen vs. Babalu Sobral
Joe Lauzon vs. Dillon Danis
Xande Ribeiro vs. Keenan Cornelius
Clark Gracie vs. Roberto Satoshi
Jeff Monson vs. Jimmy Friedrich

UFC prelims at 3:45pm PT, main card 8pm PT. Card here. I won't complain because my ass is watching anyway.

in there for canelo

dream

Just fired up CBS and there's Mauro calling a fight featuring a Japanese man with bleach blonde hair, held in a ring. It's like 2002 all over again.

Heel

Look at him whip that bleached rat tail around with a vicious right hook. This kid has the "it" factor, dream.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
No one in nerdchat? I want to shoot the shit while watching high quality violence before heading out to dinner.

Heel

https://twitter.com/HBOboxing/status/597230201597071361

FearfulVeneratedAmericanbobtail.gif

Heel

Thoroughly grossed out after that fight. From the corner, to the doctor, to the ref. They should all be ashamed. Send it straight to John McCain and the Las Vegas Culinary Union.

alienxx45

That was infuriating. The ref was useless. There were times earlier in the fight that they were just limp clinching with no action. Could have easier stopped the fight earlier but i guess Stipe really didnt do him any favor with the weak shots. And for Stipe to have that much control for the whole fight and still not able to significantly attempt a finish is insane. He got the TKO at the end due from Mark being too tired to move. He was entirely content with literally riding it out. I dont think he deserves a title shot with this performance but if he gets it i cant wait for Cain to show him how to proper do it.

Hope Hunto retires.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That was a case of someone's chin reputation preceding him. Hunt was clearly done but the ref knew he could take it.

MjFrancis

I watched the main card and was thoroughly pleased until the Hunt/Miocic fight. I'd agree that that one could have been stopped much earlier in multiple places.

I hope Hunt calls it a career before this happens again.

I don't know which was harder, watching Hunto get beaten on for 4 rounds or listening to Bas pretend to know what was going on in high level bjj for 2 hours.

The fact that The Hippo is still in the UFC is mind boggling to me. There's nobody else in Australia that could take his spot on these cards? Strap some gloves on a kangaroo or something.

VoxPop

The fact that The Hippo is still in the UFC is mind boggling to me. There's nobody else in Australia that could take his spot on these cards? Strap some gloves on a kangaroo or something.

Yeah I really dont understand how they can call themselves the premier MMA org in the world and still hire fighters like Perosh and Dolloway. Or even 60% of the fighters on their roster tbh

Top Bottom