• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Oh yes.

Federal Trade Commission re-opens UFC investigation, contacting promoters, fighters and managers

The Federal Trade Commission is contacting people to inquire about the business practices of Zuffa Inc., the parent corporation of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Several well known individuals in the world of mixed martial arts have confirmed to us that they have been contacted by the FTC regarding the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

That Reebok deal keeps giving and giving.

iddqd

Meh, If Machida wins, you loose a fun contender.
If Romero wins there will just be 3 more pages of this thread of people shitting on Machida and his has been status.

I still think Romero/Jacare would have been the correct answer, we already have Rockholt waiting in the wings.

dream

Holy fuck@nevadas new penalties for drug offenses

Sedatives, Muscle Relaxants, Sleep Aids, Anxiolytics, Opates, Cannabis:

1st offense: 18 months, 30-40% of purse
2nd offense: 2 years, 40-50% of purse
3rd offense: 4 years, 60-75% of purse
4th offense: Lifetime ban, 100% of purse
Diuretics Used To Cut Weight

1st offense: 12 months, 30-40% of purse
3rd offense: Lifetime ban, 100% of purse
Stimulants (amphetamines, cocaine, etc)

1st offense: 2 years, 35-45% of purse
2nd offense: 3 years, 50-60% of purse
Anabolic Steroids (testosterone, HGH)

1st offense: 3 years, 50-70% of purse
2nd offense: 4 years, 75-100% of purse
Avoiding Testing/Detection/Urine sample not of human origin or not of tested athlete, adulterants, drugs (incl. diuretics) used as masking agents

1st offense: 4 years, 50% of purse
2nd offense: lifetime ban, 100% of purse

dream

Yup. One way or another, the sport just changed dramatically. It's interesting to note that Zuffa has no dates booked in Vegas from September onwards.

alr1ght

ONEFC just got a whole lot more attractive to alot of people. No way UFC will keep a guy on the roster for 4 years.

Heel

DaDa 5000 announced he is hosting street fights on a cruise ship in the freedom of international waters. I think that's the next logical step for MMA.

Razdek

Banned
Do fighters seriously try to give non-human urine in order to pass a drug test? That seems like an all time low to go about it.

Tier 5: Avoiding testing/detection/urine sample not of human origin or not of tested athletes, Adulterants, Drugs (including diuretics) used as masking agents

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Do fighters seriously try to give non-human urine in order to pass a drug test? That seems like an all time low to go about it.

Tier 5: Avoiding testing/detection/urine sample not of human origin or not of tested athletes, Adulterants, Drugs (including diuretics) used as masking agents

http://deadspin.com/5925486/dj-williams-just-kept-giving-the-nfl-non-human-urine-samples

Not a fighter, but it's not unheard of with athletes.

edit: OH, RIGHT! Thiago Silva did it too before he played the bongos on Brandon Vera. That's actually the first time I heard of it.

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/29/2...mple-from-ufc-125-not-human-according-to-nsac

Maybe low-tier bar fighters?

BSsBrolly

Banned

Avoiding Testing/Detection/Urine sample not of human origin or not of tested athlete, adulterants, drugs (incl. diuretics) used as masking agents

Thats way too harsh for cannabis. Wtf?

Edit: I don't even understand why they test for it in the first place.

Thats way too harsh for cannabis. Wtf?

Edit: I don't even understand why they test for it in the first place.

The argument I heard is it decreases the sensation of pain and it loosens up bjj. I think its nonsense. Especially when someone like Riddle gets punished for it - he had a friggin medical marijuana license IN NEVADA.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jon Jones violation treated with the lightest punishment under the new rules. Coincidence? I think not. Notice no test for "Drunkenly crashed into a pregnant woman and ran, only to return to grab some cash and run again" which, under any other sport's rules, a positive test would be at least a 14 month ban.

Oh I can't read.

GSP the gwad caused this. Big Rig going back to boring Rig now because he isn't taking Manny Pac 2007 level of roids anymore.

alr1ght

Ariel HelwaniVerified account
‏@arielhelwani

Benson Henderson vs. Michael Johnson off TUF 21 Finale card

I had no idea this fight was even made. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

pixelation

Hey fella's today is my Birthday and even though i don't post a lot in this thread and most if any of you know me. I think my cake was pretty awesome... it sure as hell is tasty though.

aKfCG8n.jpg

So smoking weed or taking melatonin gets you half the time that using actual steroids does?

tumblr_inline_nod8wuvPsM1ttcp7d_500.gif

And lol @ people who think GSP was the major factor in all of this happening. I'd say the old beloved champ Silva finally getting caught pissing hot did more to spurn this change than the handful of times that GSP whined about PEDs ever did.

MjFrancis

So smoking weed or taking melatonin gets you half the time that using actual steroids does?
I just caught that - melatonin gets you an 18 month ban? Is that right? I take a 3mg cap a few times a month when I work weird schedules. Does that mean I'm too doped up to fight in Nevada now?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I just caught that - melatonin gets you an 18 month ban? Is that right? I take a 3mg cap a few times a month when I work weird schedules. Does that mean I'm too doped up to fight in Nevada now?

You'd be that doped up you'd be suplexing Cain Velasquez and shrugging off triangle chokes from Werdum like they were nothing, you disgusting juiced-up criminal. You should be banned for life just for posting that. :p

I used to take a lot of Onnit Melatonin. Not to go to sleep per se, but it helped me to wake up in the morning if I knew I was only going to get 3-6 hours sleep. That and I wonder if Onnit will continue to sell a product now that may be technically banned.

As a side note, I believe that the USA is the only developed country where melatonin is not prescription medication. When I was back home, my parents (retired nurses) were legit shook when they found I had some. Even more so when they saw it was marketed as a "dietary supplement."

Top Bottom