• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

MjFrancis

Faber usually brings an entertaining fight to the table. I hope that he can maintain that "undefeated in non-title UFC fights" record through Frankie Edgar this weekend.

Frankie always entertains as well and I feel bad when he loses because by the time his career is over, his best hope is to still have a functioning brain stem. Faber will at least be able to fall back on a speaking circuit to talk about the dangers of science and modern medicine.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So Brock vs Mir 3, Brock gets a shovel, Frank some sort of terrifying torture pliers. Who ya got?

gLzHhgn.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
injuries by fight camp
Lx9Gyk3.png

No surprise Wildman's crew is at the top. I'm just waiting for him to announce he's out vs Victor.

I'd love to see Dana show up at the gym and give Ray Longo an ultimatum to create a safer training environment.

Hell I just wanna watch Ray Longo go through every day life.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I hate having unreliable internet. I've not posted in so long it feels I've been absent since OT4.

Well that didn't take long: Fighter managers set to have a meeting next week. This is the first time there's been a collected meeting of managers like this. Next stop - fighter union!

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/1...-meet-in-las-vegas-to-discuss-business-of-mma

The next stop is the UFC providing an integrated management service for all its fighters that won't cost the fighters extra.

Believe.

Mine's been great so far and I can only see it getting better. So good I'm gonna spark up a bowl in celebration, and I've banned myself from non-workday intoxication.

That's cool. Because my dad is going through chemo and is weak as fuck a simple procured is going to turn into a full blow life or death surgery.

iddqd

That's cool. Because my dad is going through chemo and is weak as fuck a simple procured is going to turn into a full blow life or death surgery.

I wanted to chime in and talk about my runny, cold abused nose but you win.
Best wishes from my side of the laptop, hope everything goes super good!

Guru-Guru

Banned
Meltzer on PPV buys:

UFC 184 (Rousey vs Zingano) = 590,000 buys
UFC 185 (Pettis vs RDA) = 275,000 buys
UFC 186 (Johnson vs Horiguchi) = 100,000-125,000 buys

I was thinking 186 would be sub-100k buys...

MjFrancis

It's going to be hard get any lower than the 0-0 yoga instructor. Wasn't he the guy that quit the show in the middle of a sparring match when he realized MMA involved punching people in the face?

dream

lol@this ring girl and "writer for Tapout Magazine" who broke the news:

JENNIFER SWIFT @Jennifer_SwifT · 4h 4 hours ago
#RIP #CoreyHill you were a warrior to the end.

JENNIFER SWIFT @Jennifer_SwifT · 1h 1 hour ago
The @UFC made an official announcement on #CoreyHill

http://m.ufc.com/news/UFC-statement-regarding-the-passing-of-Corey-Hill …

Anyone else want to accuse me of making a false report?

JENNIFER SWIFT retweeted
Jenny Friedman @JennyF209 · 57m 57 minutes ago
@Jennifer_SwifT @ufc People are fuckin idiots, like you'd lie about your own friend!

JENNIFER SWIFT @Jennifer_SwifT · 21m 21 minutes ago
#CoreyHill Has come back!!! Keep those prayers coming they are working!!! OMG I'm so happy to hear this!!! This guy is a WARRIOR!!

dream

Holy shit, I just noticed she stylizes her Twitter name "Jennifer_SwifT," and the only reason I can think of for that is that she wants to match "TapouT"

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Looks like Corey Hill hasn't died

http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/14/corey-hills-wife-my-husbands-not-dead-please-pray-for-him/

UFC.com pulled their statement as well.

but probably brain dead
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/05/former-ufc-fighter-corey-hill-not-dead-according-to-wife
According to a person close to Hill, who asked for anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly, the fighter went to a hospital with a severe bout of bronchitis. An X-ray revealed a cyst in his lungs, prompting doctors to order surgery.

Upon completing surgery, however, Hill refused a ventilator and was informed he could suffer complications. Doctors, according to the person, required him to sign a waiver releasing the hospital of liability.

Then, Hill’s lung collapsed, and he suffered a heart attack. In the process he “lost all brain function” and has been in a “vegetative state” for several days. Hill, the person said, remains “on his death bed.”

FTC contacting managers, reopening UFC investigation

The Federal Trade Commission has contacted multiple MMA industry veterans for interviews in conjunction with the reopening of an investigation into UFC parent company Zuffa LLC’s business practices.

“They’ve been contacting a lot of people,” said one industry vet, who asked to remain anonymous because of the sensitivity of the issue. “I think we’re probably ripe for a little bit of government intervention.”

A second industry veteran, who also spoke on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the matter, said an FTC investigator was in contact this week and relayed that the agency was again looking into Zuffa after becoming aware of an ongoing antitrust case against the promoter.

“Those lawsuits were what they were interested in,” the second industry veteran said. “They decided to reopen (the investigation) and look into it.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/05/ftc-contacting-managers-reopening-ufc-investigation

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Stripping dudes of belts is so "in" right now.

The only thing more fucked up than that sequence of events will be his invoice from the hospital.

Top Bottom