• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Speaking of disappointing TUF prospects - Rony Jason popped for diuretics and his win has been overturned. That guy went from being awesome to suddenly being 1-2-1 in his last 4.

Related: Why is Silvas win not overturned yet and it won't be until the commission rules on it but Jason's win is overturned immediately? What's the difference?

Dysun

Is Anderson going to get a 2 year ban when they actually hear his appeal or from the day of the fight. They've been dragging this out forever

Is Anderson going to get a 2 year ban when they actually hear his appeal or from the day of the fight. They've been dragging this out forever
It'll probably be 10 months from the time of his fight. In other words, the suspension time most likely won't matter.

Is Yahoo news trollin?

(I did not edit or photoshop this except for placing the red arrow to point it out)

Untitled.jpg

VoxPop

I have a weird feeling Fedor will be Bellator's big announcement. Should fight Kongo so he can claim he beat another top 10 UFC HW.

Shamrock 204.4. Kimbo at 232. How is this sanctioned? Get Shamrock a steak.
Not that it makes it ok but I remember a few years ago Bobby Lashley being matched up with a 185er. That was ridiculous. The little guy actually got a few really good shots in and Lashley panicked and ended up just laying on the poor dude for the rest of the fight.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I thought you had to be over the weight of the lower weight class. So Shamrock would have to be 206+ to fight at HW.

Dysun

I thought you had to be over the weight of the lower weight class. So Shamrock would have to be 206+ to fight at HW.

Yeah, that's also what I thought.

The reverse last minute 2 hour weight cut, this time you have to go eat a huge meal and hydrate and re-weight in!

Razdek

Banned

I hope he gets banned. Don't want to see a shadow of himself fight anyone after that poor performance against Diaz. Better to remember him when he was good than what he is now.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Not that it makes it ok but I remember a few years ago Bobby Lashley being matched up with a 185er. That was ridiculous. The little guy actually got a few really good shots in and Lashley panicked and ended up just laying on the poor dude for the rest of the fight.

IIRC Lashley gassed like a motherfucker in the second round and the smaller guy rallied and blitzed him for a while. Both the crowd and Michael Schiavello were going crazy for the smaller guy. But then Lashley just took him down and sat on him for a while, getting the decision.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Werdum has a 6 month medical suspension, pending results of a MRI on his right knee. Hopefully it isn't too serious. I'd love to have an active HW champion, but I doubt 37 year old Werdum will end up being that guy.

Shamrock insists now he is stronger now than he’s ever been. His abs are as flat and defined as ever, and at six feet tall and 215 pounds, with arms like fire hydrants, and still grasping to his All-American good looks, he looks much like the tireless brawler who competed in the first-ever Ultimate Fighting Championship contest, 22 years ago. But now his hair’s grayer, and deep wrinkles dance from his narrow gaze like cracks in worn leather, and the once-great athlete walks from here to there on stiff, heavy legs.

This is how people get killed.

For Shamrock, the endgame is different. He is a can. No one will ever again pay to watch him take on anyone he can beat. He is getting paid to get fucked up. And when I ask him again why he’s fighting, he says he wants one last valedictory.
Who is reffing this? I hope it is Milan Ayers.

industrian

I really want to watch this Bellator event. The card is headlined by pure spectacle and curiosity backed with a solid lineup of potentials. Coker gets it.

industrian

Hershel Walker vs. Shamrock/Kimbo winner would be great.

Either that or a Shamrock vs. Gracie card, where you have Frank vs. Royce and Ken vs. Rolles.

40 min interview with Coker on MMA fighting was great. He's right too, nobody cares about n1 vs n2, which is why Connor is getting the biggest marketing push in the game.

MjFrancis

Are people seriously acting like this isn't a trend? Shit did you guys not see the ridiculous article about lumbersexuals going around this week?
Not our fault Conor can't pull it off as well as the guy he stole it from.

And the only reason people think these guys resemble lumberjacks is because they have never seen a lumberjack in person before. They look nothing like these men. If flannels, beards and tattoos were all it took they would have called them lumber-whatevers in the early 90's when grunge was a cool word to throw around.

Not our fault Conor can't pull it off as well as the guy he stole it from.

And the only reason people think these guys resemble lumberjacks is because they have never seen a lumberjack in person before. They look nothing like these men. If flannels, beards and tattoos were all it took they would have called them lumber-whatevers in the early 90's when grunge was a cool word to throw around.

Yeah all the lumberjacks I know in Northern Cali are fat.

Heel

Should Ken be a 3/1 dog in this fight, though? I dunno about that. That said, I would never wager a dime on this sideshow.

Top Bottom