• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Brehs, this USA vs Columbia game is more exciting than a flyweight title fight.

Edit: I just got a banner ad for a "Kung Fu Center" about an hour and a half away from me.

Yo, has anybody seen video of this Rory MacDonald guy?

It'll be interesting if a secret serial killer ends up being the UFC Welterweight Champion of the world.

TheChits

Uncle Dante is back!

1406682314369.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I liked his "Talking Monkeys In Space" special, but he's a B or C-tier comedian at best. Both he and his comedy style is too "bro" for me.

The JRE is great stuff though.

scabro

Ive istened to Joe's comedy the other day and the poor guy just isnt funny.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nHYDQZt99k

Hes too impulsive and manic. Poor guy needs to get his shit out fast and loud.
He cant do the stuff that makes a comic unique...like Bill Burr or Joey Diaz. I cant see anything in Joe...

yeah his comedy isnt that good.

his podcast is good if he has the right guests, but he just tries too hard sometimes. for example, when Joe starts doing animal impersonations.

holy shit, this guy might have something

Young, Brazilian, undefeated, looks like Jake Gyllenhal, built and fights like Connor McGregor, speaks english as well as Connor McGregor, and already has Joe's bias to put him over if he ever commentates a fight of his.
he's got connor's stance and his kicks are actually better than connor's. who knows about his punching power, his ground game, and his wrestling; connor might be better in those aspects.

bilharinho is for sure on his way to the ufc after this hype though. undefeated, and a brazilian champion in 2 weight divisions.

brentech

first they say it happened yesterday, and then unconfirmed, and now they're saying there was an injury today...waiting for that retraction

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/6/2...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
Jose Aldo has an injury and his next UFC title defense is in jeopardy.

The first and only UFC featherweight champion, who is scheduled to take on Conor McGregor in the main event of UFC 189 in Las Vegas on July 11, has sustained an injury in training. Aldo fractured his rib and potentially require three to four weeks of treatment to get completely healed, but hasn’t decided to pull out of the fight yet.

Sources close to the situation confirmed the news to MMA Fighting following a report by Combate. MMA Fighting reached out to Aldo's manager and Nova Uniao head coach Andre Pederneiras for comments, but he did not respond.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Josie probably got the shit kicked out of him by that fugazi Conor and decided he don't want none of the genuine article.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dana will just get some new can for Conor to crush. He'll even make it an interim title fight. Just watch.

MjFrancis

yeah his comedy isnt that good.

his podcast is good if he has the right guests, but he just tries too hard sometimes. for example, when Joe starts doing animal impersonations.
When Joe Rogan gets guests like Sam Harris, Dan Carlin, Dr. Rhonda Patrick or even Tim Ferriss on his show, I'll listen. Otherwise it's just not for me.

The first JRE I heard after having guys on this forum recommend it had Kat Von D as the guest. That shit was boring as hell. I didn't try listening to the show for like another year after that. Joe is like an RPG character that earns negative or positive modifiers based on who is sitting across the table from him on any given show. Comedy Joe is not the guy I will listen to for three hours straight, but I could listen to Fitness, Health or Current Events Joe for three hours straight five days a week.

Tinfoil Hat Joe is also alright in small doses.

Yaari

Yeah, Aldo's sparring partner and Josh Mario John on the same night. Great replacement.

Screw MMA and its injuries.

VoxPop

Why can't we just have nice things.

Conor vs Bermudez or Stephens

No wrestlers pls. I think he can take Faber though

Push the Aldo fight to the top of the Rousey/Correia card in Rio

Top Bottom