• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Eanan

Listening to Ariel helwani doing an interview on the radio now.

Basically saying that a mendes or edgar fight for conor would be too much of a risk as conors being training for a striker not a wrestler and its unlikely to happen.

Keeps repeating that's its currently the conor McGregor show, hes more important on the card than aldo so they'll have to think long and hard about what to do.

Smiley face tweet by Dana...possibly fught back on?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
giphy.gif
Serious head shaker here. Shogoon has lost 4 of his last 5, got canned by OSP last time, who is a can himself. Lil Nog fought 0 times in 2012, once in 2013, once in 2014, 0 times in 2015. He's a cadaver.

What's a "Neil Magny" and why is that taking the third fight slot? Was Maia's real opponent injured?

FOR GOD SAKES COMMISSIONS RING THE DAMN BELL

VoxPop

Serious head shaker here. Shogoon has lost 4 of his last 5, got canned by OSP last time, who is a can himself. Lil Nog fought 0 times in 2012, once in 2013, once in 2014, 0 times in 2015. He's a cadaver.

What's a "Neil Magny" and why is that taking the third fight slot? Was Maia's real opponent injured?

FOR GOD SAKES COMMISSIONS RING THE DAMN BELL

Magny is great. Fun to watch and great for MMA betting. He's won 7 straight including winning 5 in 2014 alone. But after seeing his last fight with Hyun Gyu Lim, I don't think he's quite ready for Maia unless he somehow keeps it standing.

Shogun vs Diet Nog is about 8 years too late. Struve vs Big Nog will be a fun freakshow fight of course and very Pride-esque. The card has some old names but isn't stacked by any means. Only riding the appeal that Ronda will actually commit the first murder on live television.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I just looked up "Neil Magny" 's record. The only fighter I recognize is Seth Baczynski, who beat "Magny". Seth has lost 5 out of 6 against cans with his only win that stretch being "Neil".

I don't think I'm driving to Buffalo Wild Wings for that card. I might just skip it entirely.

Joe Silva is using his entire brainpower to figure out a replacement for Connor where its impossible for him to lose. Even if you cut off both of his arms.

The event will only be a success if Connor wins...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Joe Silva is using his entire brainpower to figure out a replacement for Connor where its impossible for him to lose. Even if you cut off both of his arms.

The event will only be a success if Connor wins...

CM Phil at openweight. Smell the buyrates.

Eanan

Alcides Nunes, a 5-0 lightweight from Nova Uniao, was training with the UFC star in Rio de Janeiro when he ended up breaking Aldo’s ribs with a spinning back kick. Aldo vs. McGregor, scheduled to headline UFC 189 in Las Vegas, Nevada, on July 11, is now in danger.

What a numpty doing that in training

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Fight is on

http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement-on-UFC-189
In light of recent reports regarding the status of UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo, UFC has received official medical confirmation from several doctors that Aldo did not suffer a broken rib. Following a review of the scans, it has been determined that the champion suffered a bone bruise to his rib and cartilage injury during training.

With this news, Aldo has expressed that he has every intention of facing Conor McGregor at UFC 189.

While Aldo has indicated that he will compete in Las Vegas on July 11, UFC has confirmed a contingency plan. No.1 featherweight contender Chad Mendes will face McGregor for the interim UFC featherweight championship in the event Aldo cannot compete.

UFC remains committed to delivering the featherweight and the welterweight championship fights at UFC 189 during UFC International Fight Week in Las Vegas.

Oh man, the money man would wreck Conor even more than Josie.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I've just stopped to think about where I will actually be when UFC 189 happens. Hopefully I'll be able to watch it live.

And Chad Mendes possibly fighting Conor? That'd be one wrasslefuck clinic I wouldn't begrudge watching.

How much you want to bet that after the fight Aldo will reveal he actually did have a broken rib?

If he loses he'll be shouting it from the mountain tops. And then it'll be part of the promo package for the rematch. You'll have Dana there shouting to the camera, "Look. This kid is tough. He had a broken fuckin rib but he fought anyway. We owed it to him to give him a rematch and get a chance at getting his belt back."

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
If he loses he'll be shouting it from the mountain tops. And then it'll be part of the promo package for the rematch. You'll have Dana there shouting to the camera, "Look. This kid is tough. He had a broken fuckin rib but he fought anyway. We owed it to him to give him a rematch and get a chance at getting his belt back."

Can't wait for the post fight interview when he complains about how UFC set him up to fail and how they don't pay him or want Brazilian champions, topping it off by shitting on the reebok deal.

scabro

brilliant mind games by aldo

lose->broken rib immediate rematch
win->beat connor with broken rib no rematch

porra
I can start with one of those when I feel like giving that sort of thing another try.

Any episode in particular stand out for you?

i couldnt tell you about any one particular episode lol. just anyone of those dudes usually gives you a solid episode. go for early burt ones.

scabro

A page from Anderson's book. Sell the hib and print that monay.

wow i forgot anderson pulled this too hahaha, down to the "no need for a rematch"

remember when he was saying that he couldn't sleep, it hurt too much

god, it seems so long ago

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/6/2...treatment-on-knee-still-wants-to-fight-at-ufc

Daniel Cormier won the UFC light heavyweight title essentially with one anterior cruciate ligament.

Cormier, who earned the belt at UFC 187 last month with a submission win over Anthony Johnson, now needs biological injections -- platelet rich plasma (PRP) and stem cell -- because one of his ACLs is all but gone, his doctor told him.

The new champion doesn't want surgery, so the injections will help with swelling and pain. Cormier is confident in the treatment, because his doctor has had good success with this approach in other pro athletes.

He'll be gone before Jones comes back.

Heel

Jason Cruz ‏@jasoncruzlaw 37m37 minutes ago
Without an #MMA bill in New York, the #Zuffa appeal of its lawsuit to the 2nd Circuit should proceed with its first brief due by Aug. 4th.

Come on Zuffa, just a few more campaign contributions. We'll pass that karate next year.

3exTBQcl.jpg

Top Bottom