• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Imagine the looks on the collective faces of Silver-GAF when they realize Bisping is a tougher match-up for Chael than Anderson.

Bisping's actually a really good, well rounded fighter. He doesn't necessarily excel at anything and he's an asshole so people underestimate him, but he's a solid contender. Silva would beat the crap out of him because he's just better in the standup and Bisping doesn't have the tools to damage him on the ground (or ensure an easy takedown) but he was a reasonably tough matchup stylistically for Sonnen.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Bisping's actually a really good, well rounded fighter. He doesn't necessarily excel at anything and he's an asshole so people underestimate him, but he's a solid contender. Silva would beat the crap out of him because he's just better in the standup and Bisping doesn't have the tools to damage him on the ground (or ensure an easy takedown) but he was a reasonably tough matchup stylistically for Sonnen.

Bisping is a kickboxer with little KO power. Solid contender? A high-level gatekeeper at best.

SteveWD40

I like Bisping and even I agree that he is a solid gatekeeper to the top 5 at best. He is defensively one of the best guys around but despite such a high finishing percentage he just doesn't threaten high level guys with finishes, you gas out and he swarms you.

He apparently hurt the iron Jawed Chael which suggests moving his camp to the US and leaving Wolfslair (finally) might be doing him good.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
If he doesn't bring up Mike Tyson vs. Bob Sapp he's dead to me. Signed in blood, punk.
I want to believe that Ariel, goofy as he is, still has enough self preservation skills that he wouldn't piss off Mike Tyson in a face to face interview.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Not sure if this is old or what, but Shinya Aoki is officially with ONE FC now. He'll be making his debut on 31 August.

Bisping is a kickboxer with little KO power. Solid contender? A high-level gatekeeper at best.

He doesn't really have a chance at being the title holder right now, but he's pretty much the perfect eternal contender. He's really better defensively than he is offensively but he can pretty easily outpoint anyone outside of the top five.

SteveWD40

He doesn't really have a chance at being the title holder right now, but he's pretty much the perfect eternal contender. He's really better defensively than he is offensively but he can pretty easily outpoint anyone outside of the top five.

As I said, I like the guy but I can't see that right now. I think he has the potential (he should have moved camps to the US years ago) but he still has that loss to 2010 Wand on his record where he got saved by the bell, his wins were over unranked guys, hell he looks better in his decision losses (razor close fights with Sonnen and Evans) than wins.

Maybe he isn't as chinny as people think, only been stopped once and although he gets dropped a fair but, so does Nick Diaz, he recovers very well usually...

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Since Franklin wants a title run again at 185, they should match up Bisping vs Franklin @ 185 for basically number 2 contender.

If Bisping can't beat Franklin..he doesn't deserve to go any farther.
If Franklin beats him he's in there with Munoz hovering for the next title shot.

SteveWD40

Since Franklin wants a title run again at 185, they should match up Bisping vs Franklin @ 185 for basically number 2 contender.

If Bisping can't beat Franklin..he doesn't deserve to go any farther.
If Franklin beats him he's in there with Munoz hovering for the next title shot.

Can Franklin make 185 now?

Edit: if so, this would make a hell of a good main event for the Nottingham card.

TheNatural

My Member!
Tick tock ...

4 more days until the great white hype gets put to sleep, and the Sonnen bandwagon goes off the cliff.

OFa3x.gif

So what does Sonnen do if he loses? Go on a 1 year hiatus of depression ala Gray Maynard then come back when Silva is retired and face new MW champion Rich Franklin, destroy him and call Silva out of retirement?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i still cant believe sonnen HAS a bandwagon. its gotta be the ever present MMAgaf trolling. has to be.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Bah! Semantics :p

Gotta learn to compromise!

Oh Douglas. I cant believe you'd resign my fate to be the only one with Nat on this. Since Yamato played the 'meh' card it eems like our little community almost collectively wants lord spider to lose.

yacobod

Banned
Friends,

Why did Mickey Soares duck and avoid any matchup with a wrestler after Anderson Balboa got taken down and mounted with ease by an out of shape tomato can named Travis fucking Lutter?

Best Regards,

yacob

op_ivy

Friends,

Why did Mickey Soares duck and avoid any matchup with a wrestler after Anderson Balboa got taken down and mounted with ease by an out of shape tomato can named Travis fucking Lutter?

Best Regards,

yacob

Anderson_Silva_henderson.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Mike TYson going off on fighter pay...please bring on Dana.

ah, he did it.

Ariel jizzing in his pants.

yacobod

Banned
to Op_ivy,

Hendo went away from his wrestling in round 2 and decided he wanted to box, and let's not bring up tomato can okami. dude shit and pissed his shorts before his match with anderson. chael not scared brah.

kindest regards,

yacob

ShaneB

Oh Douglas. I cant believe you'd resign my fate to be the only one with Nat on this. Since Yamato played the 'meh' card it eems like our little community almost collectively wants lord spider to lose.

I've hated Andy Silver for years now. A fighter who wins/dominates all the time is a boring fighter. Damn right I want Sonnen to win and make things interesting again in a boring boring... BORING.. division. When things become so stale that all that matters is a lineup to fight/lose to the champ, the intrigue is gone.

I want Spider to lose but I want it to be to someone no one thinks is going to beat him, like Belcher or Bisping. It's not going to be surprising if Chael wins. It will be surprising if I stay awake the whole time.

PS: Oh I thought this was the UFC thread. I didn't mean to pollute our insular thread with anything negative about the sport we all love. It will be a superb event that I will happily chip in $20 to watch.

Heel

Friend Yaco,

These unpatriotic Anderson fans, who have the audacity to bet against Chael P. Sonnen on 4th of July weekend, are really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Has desperation set in on their parade of lies?

Oh, Anderson beat an emaciated Dan Henderson, who gassed after beating Anderson soundly in the first round? Congrats. It's good to know Anderson is as good as Jake Shields.

Also, last I checked Yushin Okami was Japanese. Wake me up when Anderson runs into a cornfed God bless God 'merican wrassler.

May a cold smack of reality strike them on July 7th.

Heel

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Friend Yaco,

These unpatriotic Anderson fans, who have the audacity to bet against Chael P. Sonnen on 4th of July weekend, are really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Has desperation set in on their parade of lies?

Oh, Anderson beat an emaciated Dan Henderson, who gassed after beating Anderson soundly in the first round? Congrats. It's good to know Anderson is as good as Jake Shields.

Also, last I checked Yushin Okami was Japanese. Wake me up when Anderson runs into a cornfed God bless God 'merican wrassler.

May a cold smack of reality strike them on July 7th.

Heel

But friend Heel, lord spider already made an as you put it 'murican rassler' forcibly identify the odor of his taint. In fact it is the very same rassler whom you place your very faith/fate upon this very saturn's day.

Heel

But friend Heel, lord spider already made an as you put it 'murican rassler' forcibly identify the odor of his taint. In fact it is the very same rassler whom you place your very faith/fate upon this very saturn's day.

While Anderson was nursing his hibs and shoulder, then dressing up as Michael Jackson complete with manicured nails and plucked eyebrows, Chael P. was in the lab closing the only hole in his game that Anderson could capitalize on.

25 full minutes of truth, friend.

yacobod

Banned
While Anderson was nursing his hibs and shoulder, then dressing up as Michael Jackson complete with manicured nails and plucked eyebrows, Chael P. was in the lab closing the only hole in his game that Anderson could capitalize on.

Heel friend, I'm going to go out on the limb and say Chael submits Andy Balboa on Saturday.

op_ivy

was fixing that hole in his game ensuring that he'd get TRT?

Heel

Heel friend, I'm going to go out on the limb and say Chael submits Andy Balboa on Saturday.

A strong possibility, friend. It should be noted that once it hits the mat even guys like Daiju Takase are cranking his limbs.

I think he's one of the types who think there's some kind of martial arts honor in going to sleep or getting a bone snapped, though. Chael will be glad to oblige.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
A strong possibility, friend. It should be noted that once it hits the mat even guys like Daiju Takase are cranking his limbs.

I think he's one of the types who think there's some kind of martial arts honor in going to sleep or getting a bone snapped, though. Chael will be glad to oblige.

Chael would know about getting bones snapped =) Also its worth mentioning that Chael now has pitched a tent and is living in lord silva's mind, which could be either incredibly smart or could backfire in hilarious fashion. Riling up an accurate striker with KO power could either give lying cheating republican an early takedown or an unplanned nap and a trip to the nearest emergency room.

Top Bottom