• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

SteveWD40

I don't think Rousey is unattractive until she opens her mouth, and then you realize she's just the intelligent Diaz sibling.

I have never understood why Nick Diaz has such an ardent defence force in the first place. He is a mentally stunted man-child who doesn't seem to give two fucks what people think, yet whenever he does something wrong (pretty much every time he is asked to do something) all these people seep out of the woodwork leaping to his defence.

Look at the Braulio incident, MiddleEasy, Rousey and about half of the guys who train at Cesars were spreading slanderous rumours about Estima before the day was out, yet it was Nick who failed to announce he wouldn't fight publicly.

yacobod

Banned
I have never understood why Nick Diaz has such an ardent defence force in the first place. He is a mentally stunted man-child who doesn't seem to give two fucks what people think, yet whenever he does something wrong (pretty much every time he is asked to do something) all these people seep out of the woodwork leaping to his defence.

you answered your question brah. nick always comes to fight, doesn't give a fuck, and never lost a match in his own personal opinion.

he's a breath of fresh air in the milquetoast zuffa era jim miller UFC.

Yo my old gym is trying to dick me out of money. Checked my credit report and those fuckers never closed my account. I called and the manager is out right now and the girl at the desk admitted to being the one that sat right there when I filled out the account closure paper so yeah MOTHERFUCKERS BE FUCKING UP MY CREDIT!

Also, I've had a Wal-Mart card since I was 16 supposedly.

SteveWD40

you answered your question brah. nick always comes to fight, doesn't give a fuck, and never lost a match in his own personal opinion.

he's a breath of fresh air in the milquetoast zuffa era jim miller UFC.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of his fights, that one round with Daley was one of the best single rounds I have seen in any fight. It's not Nick, it's his legions of cronies, I almost doubt he cares if they defend him or not yet they seem to be so militant.

I guess...I went there cuz it's convenient. It's ok now cuz it's summer so traffic isn't bad, but once school starts I will probably go back there.

You are far more courageous(or stupider) than I'll ever be.
Well, he knows where I work and possibly has been watching me for a while without me knowing. He said things that indicated he knew what I did at the gym and what nights I went. He could find me if he wants even if I don't go there.

FACE

Banned
Well, he knows where I work and possibly has been watching me for a while without me knowing. He said things that indicated he knew what I did at the gym and what nights I went. He could find me if he wants even if I don't go there.

You seem really calm about the whole thing. Try not to get stabbed on your way home.

Well, dude is creepy but he didn't break any laws. I don't think. Is telling someone you aren't going to kill them considered a threat? Well, idk what I can do differently. He's his own problem, not mine, is how I see it.

SteveWD40

as you guys know, one of my favorite forum activities is investigating the deviant threads and rape culture that runs rampant on GAF, and then I stumbled across this doozy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39931244&postcount=3468

the post, coupled with the real life avatar pic, had my cackling in my office today.

YX4Ak.gif

Ya, nothing like working out to boost a guy's confidence. And nothing like a boost of confidence to make an introverted creeper into an extroverted one.

FACE

Banned
Well, dude is creepy but he didn't break any laws. I don't think. Is telling someone you aren't going to kill them considered a threat? Well, idk what I can do differently. He's his own problem, not mine, is how I see it.

It's not something that usually comes up in conversations.

dream

The Association of Boxing Commissioners is having its annual meetings currently in Clearwater, FL. The biggest thing is that they have had meetings to agree on minor changes in the judging criteria of MMA fights. Here were the following changes:
1) Effective defense has been removed as a criteria. Only offensive moves are to be used in scoring fights. This should end any debate or talks when people ask if defending a takedown should be scored as a positive, or blocking a submission, or avoiding strikes. The new ruling is that effective defense only helps you in that it keeps you alive to do offense, but only offensive moves are the ones to be scored.
2) Striking and grappling are of equal weight. Before the old criteria listed striking first and grappling second. Now they are equal, with the idea that they are weighed based on how much of the fight is standing and on the ground.
3) The term damage as a criteria has been replaced by the term effective damage.
4) Heavier strikes with impact should get more weight that just the number of strikes landed, most notably strikes that cause an opponent to obviously react, stagger, cut or bruiser, be in pain, as well as cumulative impact of strikes.
5) Grappling moves scored are takedowns, reversals and submissions, passing to dominant positions, use of active and threatening moves from the bottom, close submissions can't more than just attempted submissions and submissions that lead to people being tired are also weighed significantly.
6) Effective aggression is moving forward scoring with legal techniques, as well as attacking with strikes or submissions on the ground from either the top or bottom position.
7) Cage and ring control is dictating the pace, place and position
8) The current scoring system (ten point must) remains in place

I guess I like the rule changes, although they still require educated judges and will be very subjective, especially on things like "cause pain" or "tire."

Ænima

as you guys know, one of my favorite forum activities is investigating the deviant threads and rape culture that runs rampant on GAF, and then I stumbled across this doozy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39931244&postcount=3468

the post, coupled with the real life avatar pic, had my cackling in my office today.
I don't see it. Sounds like the dude had some perfectly natural consensual sex. I mean yeah he isn't the greatest looking guy, but so what? Ugly people aren't allowed to fuck now?

Ænima

The Association of Boxing Commissioners is having its annual meetings currently in Clearwater, FL. The biggest thing is that they have had meetings to agree on minor changes in the judging criteria of MMA fights. Here were the following changes:
1) Effective defense has been removed as a criteria. Only offensive moves are to be used in scoring fights. This should end any debate or talks when people ask if defending a takedown should be scored as a positive, or blocking a submission, or avoiding strikes. The new ruling is that effective defense only helps you in that it keeps you alive to do offense, but only offensive moves are the ones to be scored.
2) Striking and grappling are of equal weight. Before the old criteria listed striking first and grappling second. Now they are equal, with the idea that they are weighed based on how much of the fight is standing and on the ground.
3) The term damage as a criteria has been replaced by the term effective damage.
4) Heavier strikes with impact should get more weight that just the number of strikes landed, most notably strikes that cause an opponent to obviously react, stagger, cut or bruiser, be in pain, as well as cumulative impact of strikes.
5) Grappling moves scored are takedowns, reversals and submissions, passing to dominant positions, use of active and threatening moves from the bottom, close submissions can't more than just attempted submissions and submissions that lead to people being tired are also weighed significantly.
6) Effective aggression is moving forward scoring with legal techniques, as well as attacking with strikes or submissions on the ground from either the top or bottom position.
7) Cage and ring control is dictating the pace, place and position
8) The current scoring system (ten point must) remains in place
This is the one I really don't like. Effective strikes should always weigh more than grappling or "octagon control".

FACE

Banned
"2) Striking and grappling are of equal weight. Before the old criteria listed striking first and grappling second. Now they are equal, with the idea that they are weighed based on how much of the fight is standing and on the ground."

Striking first and grappling second? Certainly didn't seem that way..

Let's keep the rules in front of us next Bad MMA nerd chat and see how it works out. I'm having trouble deciding whether it's improving or making worse.

Top Bottom