• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Heel

He's so afraid of Vitor that he wants to face Anderson instead? Srs, brah?

Lol I wrote something to this effect earlier but it didn't post. That's some very creative ducking.

If Joe Silva doesn't book the fight Weidman wants I would love to see him fight Victor. Let time sort this one out.

So who else checked into this thread after they noticed Scooter was banned?
8UNre.jpg

I found out he was banned because of this thread.
This.

Also Yaco, I think you're misreading, he means he read about the ban here and wasn't gafstalking ninja like Plywood.

What fight are you guys looking forward to the most for the second half of 2012?

I think it might be Bendo Frankie 2 for me.

JBJ and Hendo would be next but that's going to go one way or the other, kinda predictable at best and at worst another safe performance like we got in JBJ/Shad.

yacobod

Banned
What fight are you guys looking forward to the most for the second half of 2012?

I'll be honest I'm not excited for anything on the horizon.

It would be nice if Bendo wins cleanly against Edgar, but I have a feeling we are heading on an express train to a trilogy. These guys are just keeping the belt warm for Nate anyways.

I doubt GSP vs Conduit happens this year.

Is JDS going to fight Can this year? I guess I'd be hyped for that.

Aldo vs TKZ is going to be a squash match for the ages. If you look back and laugh at ppl picking Okami over Anderson or Brock over Overeem, both will look god damn sensible after Aldo murders TKZ.

I want a loser leaves town match between Faber and Miguel Torress, the WEC dream matchup.

yacobod

Banned
god is this real life, why in the world is mighty mouse and joey b headlining ultimate 152? maybe uncle dana likes sub 150k cards. no matter how hard he tries, 125# midget fights will never get over.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
god is this real life, why in the world is mighty mouse and joey b headlining ultimate 152? maybe uncle dana likes sub 150k cards. no matter how hard he tries, 125# midget fights will never get over.
Especially when on that same card there are some names that draw like BJ Penn and Michael Bisping.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Doesn't help that Benavidez has been Facebook prelims for all but one UFC fight. You could have the most exciting 265 lb fighter on the planet but sending them from prelims to headliner would still be a bad idea.

Not to say there aren't some interesting fights I want to see. Kos vs Ellenburger, Struve vs Stipe, Hapa vs Big Ben, JLo vs Varner, Cowboy vs Young Melvin -- all respectable matches that I'm looking forward to. But nothing to plan a party around. Will be hard to convince anyone to go to a bar with me either.

The BJ and Bisping fights are bigger draws than the 125 belt but really, did anyone besides Rory and Stann want those fights? BJ said ok cuz he has a thing for Tristar, and Bisping doesn't even want to fight Stann.

FACE

Banned
Instead of four ppvs they should have made at most two cards with the biggest fights and booked the rest for fx and fuel.

Can we treat Heavyweights the same way? I've seen plenty of fighters make fun of that division.
HW should have 1 round fights unless it's a championship fight, and for champ fights it should be two 5-minute rds and then if no one finishes they have to stand and punch each other in the face without defending until someone goes down.

bone_and_sinew

The BJ and Bisping fights are bigger draws than the 125 belt but really, did anyone besides Rory and Stann want those fights? BJ said ok cuz he has a thing for Tristar, and Bisping doesn't even want to fight Stann.
Bisping vs Stann is a step towards clearing the muddled 185 picture. We want more 185ers fighting and often. BJ putting Rory over could create a new star and get Rory closer to fighting for one of the two 170 belts himself.

Can we treat Heavyweights the same way? I've seen plenty of fighters make fun of that division.
I was already under the impression that other than like 6 fighters, we had no respect for heavyweights either.

bone_and_sinew

The initial post dragged on way too long for me and I lost interest and stopped reading. I was amused to see it locked though.

I guess I feel like BJ has just not looked good enough lately to put Rory over. If he loses people will just say, well he was always lazy even before he retired. If he wins, that's a good 170 prospect back to the drawing board.

I agree Bisping/Stann helps clear things a bit but it's just not that interesting to me.

Ya, that fb screenshot was so fucking long, I never got through the op.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
As much as I like Rory and believe him to be the Gawd's successor, I have to agree that a win over LHW BJ doesn't do much to elevate him. I wouldn't say Penn is top 10 at 170.

charsace

Not sure. I just noticed the gray name of doom.

He's so afraid of Vitor that he wants to face Anderson instead? Srs, brah?

Lol I wrote something to this effect earlier but it didn't post. That's some very creative ducking.

If Joe Silva doesn't book the fight Weidman wants I would love to see him fight Victor. Let time sort this one out.
Vitor would destroy him. If Weedman is gonna get destroyed he also wants a good payday to go along with it.

yacobod

Banned
Look at Rory's professional composure when the crippled dude is asking him questions. Stann is desperately trying to hold back laughing at the dude's voice.

i'm not going to watch the video, but stann is very respectable when he participates in broadcasts on fx or fuel for the ultimate shows.

Heel

Every time Vitor's name comes up in a positive way, I'm convinced it's still 2009.

It's frightening to think beating a 35 year old Vitor will give you credibility. Perhaps our friends should look at this playboy's path to a UFC title shot since PRIDE and his resume since.

I guarantee Weidman will be the betting favorite if the fight is ever made.

I think people are caught up in Vitor's name recognition and Weidman's lack there of. But hey, in this sport you make your name off the backs of others. Vitor's back.

bone_and_sinew

i'm not going to watch the video, but stann is very respectable when he participates in broadcasts on fx or fuel for the ultimate shows.
He's boring as hell.
It's frightening to think beating a 35 year old Vitor will give you credibility. Perhaps our friends should look at this playboy's path to a UFC title shot since PRIDE and his resume since.

I guarantee Weidman will be the betting favorite if the fight is ever made.

I think people are caught up in Vitor's name recognition and Weidman's lack there of. But hey, in this sport you make your name off the backs of others. Vitor's back.
Hey at least Vitor isn't a shot legend and Weidman isn't a fraud trying to make a name off one.

You know what? I give Weidman fucking props. He could have easily taken a nice pay day and easy win against Vitor but nope. He has his eyes on the real prize and doesn't want the very obvious easy win against Nochintor.

Top Bottom