• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
The next pro wrestler who tries MMA only to find out he can't take a punch and runs back to Vince for a pay day? I think you're right.

You forgot the part where after he returns to WWE and generates interest for the company and comes out looking like an intimidating beast, Vince decides to that he doesn't like that much money and has him lose in his first PPV back against John Cena.

Too bad Kurt Angle is old. Dude would have been awesome. Imagine if he left WWE in 2000 and joined? Brock vs Angle for the UFC title at UFC 100. Haku was offered to be in one of the old UFC tourneys back in the day. He probably would have done very well, considering the lack of well rounded fighters back in the days.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The next pro wrestler who tries MMA only to find out he can't take a punch and runs back to Vince for a pay day? I think you're right.

You look at this man.

ibjgvwTKMRTHvP.png

LOOK AT THIS MAN

strobogo

Banned
Wrestlers who should have been in MMA:

Bart Gunn
Jerry Flynn
Kama
Goldberg
Demolition Ax
IRS (what was his middle name? Was it ever said anything besides R.? )
Hulk Hogan
Finlay
Jeff Jarrett
Man Mountain Rock
Colt Cabana
Super Calo
Akeem

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I just watched the Batista fight. Two things I took away from it

1) It's fights like these that give the HW division a bad name. Fat dudes and cage pressing galore!

2) Batista needs to work on his fight IQ if this is going to be a long-term thing and not just a quick cash-in.

Failing that, roll on Batista vs. Sapp at ProElite 4!

ugh yeah i just arrived in oakland to see my bro who was in a serious motorcycle accident, missed all the batista/invicta stuff which is why i wasn't manning the nerd chat tonight.

was invicta any good?

industrian

I just saw the Jens Pulver nut shot. Jesus Christ that looked painful. After seeing that plus the Prindle Axe Kick, I'm walking a bit funny now.

ugh yeah i just arrived in oakland to see my bro who was in a serious motorcycle accident

I hope that he recovers well.

industrian

Taken was on TV there. I finally got the chance to watch it. Great action movie, even if Neeson's American accent can be fairly grating.

"Apologise to your wife for me." = boss.

Apollo 18 is on TV now. I've seen it before. Decent enough movie, but I especially like how they made the movie look "authentically dated."

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Re: Batista... Jesus Christ, I've seen Tough Man contests with more technique.

Edit: Good wishes, Poly.

^ Was he better or worse than James Thompson? How long did it take him to gas?

I feel bad for missing kickboxing, was it any good?

Me too. I ignored it but didn't realize til after it was over that my favorite fighter was on the card - Ghokan Saki.

EDIT: Oh shit - sorry to hear that poly. How is he doing? Best wishes to you and your family.

FACE

Banned
ugh yeah i just arrived in oakland to see my bro who was in a serious motorcycle accident, missed all the batista/invicta stuff which is why i wasn't manning the nerd chat tonight.

was invicta any good?

Shitty. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Just watched the Tista fight and boy is he fucking terrible. I want to know why he got upset at the end? Him and that fat dude looked like they wanted to throw down post fight.

His stand up looked 10000000000x worse than Maymen in the Bisping fight.

industrian

^ Was he better or worse than James Thompson? How long did it take him to gas?

Batista's fight? I'm guessing they were gassed before the fight started considering how quick they went to wall n' stall. Then again, it is Z-grade HWs we're talking about.

At this point, James Thompson would devastate Batista. I could see them pairing him up with Pudzian after 3 or 4 fights for a big-money fight, but if Batista is serious about this MMA gig then he needs to be fighting other relative beginners in order to safely build his fight IQ - as it looked sorely lacking in his fight with Vince Luc-Picard.

Poor Hallman ...

Hallman recently revealed the real reason he was so unprepared and unable to perform at the Target Center in a recent interview with Frank Trigg.

"I just had a nervous breakdown. The day before I left, my wife -- and this is pretty personal -- has a drug problem. It's a pretty sad situation. Her parent and I had planned to send her to treatment [after an intervention], but somehow she caught wind of it, or something, and she started acting crazy. We got into a whole argument about her going to treatment and she told me, 'That's it, I'm going to call the police and tell them that you pushed me and you're going to go to jail.'"

Hallman went on to describe what happened next, including his wife following through with her threat, but only to be rebuffed by the local authorities who arrived because her diabolical plan was foiled by the eyewitness testimony of Bryan Caraway and Miesha Tate, who were in Hallman's house to hear the argument.

She wouldn't be deterred, however, and filed and emergency motion in court the next day for child custody and other things.

Unaware of the "real" facts behind the case, the judge granted her request and Hallman's daughter, along with his car, was temporarily awarded to his wife pending the outcome of an actual custody hearing. Needless to say, Hallman was emotionally and physically drained in the run up to Minnesota, and if he wasn't hard up for money, he admits that he would have withdrawn from the bout to avoid the mess it created.

"I probably had not slept for more than 20 minutes at a time. I might be able to kick 99 percent of peoples' asses in this world, but when it comes to my family I'm just a wreck. So all that, combined with just the whole pressure of everything, I would have pulled out of the fight earlier, but I just needed the money so bad. And now, especially, I have to get a lawyer to try and get my daughter back from this crazy stuff that is going on. At the weigh ins, I just lost it, man. I grabbed Dana [White] and told him what was going on. And dude, no one can ever say another bad thing about that guy: When it comes to your family, he is the most stand up guy I've ever met. He put his arm around me, gave me a hug and said that the fight was off. He said we're going to take care of you and make sure everything is okay. They gave me a plane ticket to go home that night and gave me my show money and my win money and said get you're act together and we'll go from there."

Indeed, White cut him a check and sent him home to get his personal affairs in order. However, despite the kind gesture and compassion, UFC did once again cut Hallman. The 36-year-old veteran was told that once he got his family situation resolved, and once again strung together a few victories on the regional circuit, it would be possible for him to return to the Octagon in the future.

Full article by Thomas Myers at mmamania.com: http://www.mmamania.com/2012/10/7/3...breakdown-personal-issues-wife-drugs-ufc-fx-5

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

was invicta any good?
I recall you mentioned this in the chat, hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Yeah someone turned left in an intersection as my brother was going through it, sent him flying about 60 feet and landed right on his ass.. Pelvic fracture, torn rectum, urethra and bladder so he's got all these catheters and colostomy bag and respirator and crazy shit.. Did first round of surgery for them to repair the pelvic bone and he got through that and I talked to him last night afterwards so that was relieving, although he couldn't talk back since he had the respirator going down his throat.. Apparently the mortality rate for that kind of injury is like 55% so he is really lucky.. He's not all the way out of the woods yet but his head and spine are fine and he's in good spirits considering the circumstances.

Anyways thanks for the well wishes, MMA GAF... and now I'm posting from the ICU, drove right by the Oracle Arena to get here where me and him saw Canderson Silver pull off the luckiest submission this side of Ryo Chonan.

Top Bottom