• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Gonna laugh my ass off if Davis chokes in the Griffen fight. Davis was never impressive to me. I hope Davis and Mauler get sent back to the prelims.

Uh no, it's not about any of what you said at all. It's about building future champions.

Who's going to watch a fighter more - being on the undercard of a huge super fight - or being in the main event of some random weekday Fuel TV card?

That's why no one gives a shit about Chris Weidman. He fought in the main event of a weekday Fuel TV card and no one watched. The problem isn't people not watching much MMA, the problem is when you need to build a contender or get him some face time, instead of being on the undercard of a big pay per view and having millions watch, or even on the prelims of a PPV card - they're now in some shitty midweek Fuel TV or FX card that no one cares about.

People go to watch a big fight, then learn about the next big contenders on the undercard. Not watch them on some FuelTV main event. Stacking the cards is how fighters are build, not making every one watered down.
That specific example would be more of a case of choosing a better headliner and putting guys closer to title shots on other cards. With a few exceptions, their Fuel cards have been better than their FX cards for whatever reason. To use that as an example, it isn't the best solution to just axe that entire card and leave the 24 fighters who fought on that card without a fight.

Also, throwing them on an FX card will probably give them just as much if not more exposure than most PPV cards with the numbers those tend to do these days. That is in comparison to a PPV main card, being on the prelims (unless it's on FX) will get them even less exposure.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Gonna laugh my ass off if Davis chokes in the Griffen fight. Davis was never impressive to me. I hope Davis and Mauler get sent back to the prelims.

Yeah, why have new guys make it up the ranks when we can watch Jones fight Chael Sonnen instead?

That being said, Glover is fraud and a can. I don't want to break character here.

god dammit yam why did i click that

i feel like i did when i first saw goatse. also,

category_jaco-mma-clothing.jpg

lololololol

TheNatural

My Member!
That specific example would be more of a case of choosing a better headliner and putting guys closer to title shots on other cards. With a few exceptions, their Fuel cards have been better than their FX cards for whatever reason. To use that as an example, it isn't the best solution to just axe that entire card and leave the 24 fighters who fought on that card without a fight.

Also, throwing them on an FX card will probably give them just as much if not more exposure than most PPV cards with the numbers those tend to do these days. That is in comparison to a PPV main card, being on the prelims (unless it's on FX) will get them even less exposure.

No, not really. You have millions watching a big PPV event because it's an event. Hardly anyone buys the PPV to watch by themselves, as opposed to watching a cable program.

A few FX cards during the years similar to Spike's fight nights would be fine. There's really been no scheduling problems with the UFC a couple years ago. It was timed right, just enough PPV's and just enough TV cards. There will be THIRTY TWO in 2012 when the year ends. That's just ridiculous! And it's not even counting Strikeforce events.

If they wanna run a ton of crappy MMA events like boxing does with Friday Night Fights then just go all the way and do that. Rent out small Hard Rock Cafe type venues and put all the guys who would be on the Facebook fights on those cards, and anyone worth their salt on the PPV/TV cards. There's no reason why anyone with a pulse should be on these cards though, watering down bigger events and not getting exposure.

guy on AXS is 15-12 and just cut a jobber style promo. Get him a title shot, Dana.

fucking AXS TV, why did they have to change their channel on DirecTV

Now I'm watching some fighter named "Haggis Basher"... Hey fuck you my Mom's side of my family all has the Haggis last name... and motherfucker's from Sarnia to boot.

I seem to remember another top-level MMA fighter who also flirted with the idea of representing his country in the Olympics as a wrestler who was also out for a very long time due to ACL injury. He also had a very long winning streak prior to said injury, longer than GSP's in fact.

He's 1-5 since returning from said injury.

His name is KID Yamamoto.

GSP gonna lose, get ready cumbr.

Also, ugh. Chris Holodecki has fucking Zahabi in his corner after getting KO'd just like Miguel Torres. I expect a boring as FUCK performance.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Brother Chamber did you see the thread about guys whom's bodies can't compare to GSP's

Both GSP and Canderson have been posted now. Poor chicken legs gets no love.

I'm tempted to post a pic of Fedor.

In related news, here is Rashad, ***** and Overeem training with a guy who does what looks like those "ghetto workout" videos.

EDIT: Does anyone in this thread have GIF-making skills? Just had an idea. Take the scene in the Simpsons where Homer drinks from and then crushes a can using only his gut and give him Fedor's face.

No, not really. You have millions watching a big PPV event because it's an event. Hardly anyone buys the PPV to watch by themselves, as opposed to watching a cable program.

A few FX cards during the years similar to Spike's fight nights would be fine. There's really been no scheduling problems with the UFC a couple years ago. It was timed right, just enough PPV's and just enough TV cards. There will be THIRTY TWO in 2012 when the year ends. That's just ridiculous! And it's not even counting Strikeforce events.

If they wanna run a ton of crappy MMA events like boxing does with Friday Night Fights then just go all the way and do that. Rent out small Hard Rock Cafe type venues and put all the guys who would be on the Facebook fights on those cards, and anyone worth their salt on the PPV/TV cards. There's no reason why anyone with a pulse should be on these cards though, watering down bigger events and not getting exposure.
I'm going by the reported numbers which has been mostly 150k-250k buys. An event that does more than that is big and basically only certain title fights. So even assuming that there is an average of 5 viewers per paper view, that is still less than the 1-1.5 million the FX cards get.

As for number of events, it's only about two more than last year and about the same as 2010 when you consider WEC events also prior to being absorbed. As I mentioned before, the number of events hasn't changed much over the past three years. Similarly not much of an increase from 2009 if any with the UFC+WEC events.

The producers of TUF have to be aware that they include a scene in every episode of 1) the fighters saying they're doing this for their kids 2) the two guys who are fighting that episode awkwardly doing stuff in the kitchen at the same time. Also, in last week's preview for this week they showed Nelson chewing out the losers on his team for not helping train the people who haven't fought yet but they didn't actually show that scene.

BTW I realize I'm probably talking to no one at this point as I think I might be the only person in this thread that still watches TUF.

Matt Riddle - 90 day suspension retroactive to 7/21 for marijuana

Francisco Rivera - 90 day suspension retroactive to 7/21 for OTC stimulant
Update: Riddle and Rivera's wins at UFC 149 were overturned to NC.

If the ratings continue to decline you'll soon be the only person in America who watches TUF.
I kinda feel like I am already.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=43415314&posted=1#post43415314

Check it, I forsee many bans if this goes where I think its going.
I'm gonna walk around in a banana hammock and see if anyone comments on what I'm wearing. Yes, that's right .. picture in your mind Tim Boetsch wearing a banana hammock. Muhahahaha! Happy Halloween everyone!

I'm gonna walk around in a banana hammock and see if anyone comments on what I'm wearing. Yes, that's right .. picture in your mind Tim Boetsch wearing a banana hammock. Muhahahaha! Happy Halloween everyone!
What do you think guys, C cup?

Mak, I'm gonna marathon TUF in the background cuz I forgot it was Carwin and Nelson. Kinda curious about that.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Dude in there's kinda right, bit of a double standard. But I don't know if girls are as hot for dangling fruit as guys are for any sort of usually covered skin.

I been watching TUF, Aus Vs UK and the other. Not up to date with the US one though. Smashes has been alright, no really boring fights so far.

Mak, I'm gonna marathon TUF in the background cuz I forgot it was Carwin and Nelson. Kinda curious about that.
I would advise against that if you're doing it just for them. I have watched every season and I can give you my unbiased, objective opinion that they are by far the two most boring coaches in the history of the show. The only others close to them were BJ Penn and GSP but at least they had Jens Pulver and Koscheck in their respective seasons to spice things up.

I would advise against that if you're doing it just for them. I have watched every season and I can give you my unbiased, objective opinion that they are by far the two most boring coaches in the history of the show. The only others close to them were BJ Penn and GSP but at least they had Jens Pulver and Koscheck in their respective seasons to spice things up.
Oh ok, I'm just going to skip to the fights then. It was already getting difficult to listen to.

The producers of TUF have to be aware that they include a scene in every episode of 1) the fighters saying they're doing this for their kids 2) the two guys who are fighting that episode awkwardly doing stuff in the kitchen at the same time. Also, in last week's preview for this week they showed Nelson chewing out the losers on his team for not helping train the people who haven't fought yet but they didn't actually show that scene.

BTW I realize I'm probably talking to no one at this point as I think I might be the only person in this thread that still watches TUF.
Red Mohawk guy was the last straw for me. I no longer watch.

Top Bottom