• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Isn't Bigfoot fighting Overeem?

And I agree, Struve needs a better opponent. Struve himself is more or less a gatekeeper but he's a better gatekeeper than Kongo. I say match him up with Frank Mir.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Isn't Bigfoot fighting Overeem?

Yup. I'm talking in hypotheticals.

And I agree, Struve needs a better opponent. Struve himself is more or less a gatekeeper but he's a better gatekeeper than Kongo. I say match him up with Frank Mir.

The problem with Struve is his consistency. Both times he's went on a roll he's had his head knocked off. He's on a four fight win streak right now, so giving him a gatekeeper like Kongo is the best way to see if he's ready for a No. 1 Contender match yet. If he gets past Kongo then hopefully they'll set up Struve vs. Mir or Struve vs. Werdum.

As for Frank Mir, I'd love to see Mir vs. Werdum myself. Both are free at the moment. It'd be a great No. 1 Contender fight for Werdum too.

Yup. I'm talking in hypotheticals.

The problem with Struve is his consistency. Both times he's went on a roll he's had his head knocked off. He's on a four fight win streak right now, so giving him a gatekeeper like Kongo is the best way to see if he's ready for a No. 1 Contender match yet. If he gets past Kongo then hopefully they'll set up Struve vs. Mir or Struve vs. Werdum.

As for Frank Mir, I'd love to see Mir vs. Werdum myself. Both are free at the moment. It'd be a great No. 1 Contender fight for Werdum too.

Nog is fighting Werdum now.

I would like to see the loser of that fight, fight either Mir or Struve, if he can beat Kongo.

If Struve can't beat a Kongo level fighter, than he doesn't deserve a decent fight. He couldn't even beat Nelson.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Friends, im going to tom sawyer my job as a legit mma workout. Let me tell you, carrying heavy shit for 8 hours straight up and down a narrow staircase is not easy

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Friends, im going to tom sawyer my job as a legit mma workout. Let me tell you, carrying heavy shit for 8 hours straight up and down a narrow staircase is not easy

I would love that job. Sitting in this fucking cube all day is soul destroying.

Heel

Nog is fighting Werdum now.

I would like to see the loser of that fight, fight either Mir or Struve, if he can beat Kongo.

If Struve can't beat a Kongo level fighter, than he doesn't deserve a decent fight. He couldn't even beat Nelson.

Yeah, it's not like Struve is a lock to beat Kongo. I ain't even mad at that fight.

Heel

Shoulder injury forces Chris Weidman out of UFC 155; Teammate Costa Philippou agrees to fight Tim Boetsch

iRpeu2TutwN37.gif

I don't even care anymore. Anderson isn't going to fight any of the middleweight contenders anyway.

I actually don't think he should. No one has anything for Silva. He should just relinquish the title and hold a UFC tourney for it. At this point Anderson should either

A) Move to LHW

B) Only do legacy fights with established stars.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I actually don't think he should. No one has anything for Silva. He should just relinquish the title and hold a UFC tourney for it. At this point Anderson should either

A) Move to LHW

If Anderson is champion he should defend the belt. I'm not going to have that discussion again.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
By the way, you're welcome cheesy.

Googled her...... hrmmmmmm......... Googled her + horse........... dayum.

What's your job?

I have to shovel spent acid build up into buckets then carry them around and lift them out of a tower, they probably weigh about 20 or more kilo.... we do this and usually clean out about 5 tonnes of crap. The most we have done was probably 20 tonnes in one week.

We also have to climb up 6 stories to get to where we work, fuck I hate stairs.

ShaneB

At my job I sit at my desk a lot and surf the internet a lot as well.

I often wonder why I still have a job. It's nice to be surrounded by idiots that make me look good.

If Anderson is champion he should defend the belt. I'm not going to have that discussion again.

I said he should just relinquish the title. There is not a single compelling fight for him in that division. The only guy that has a chance is Vitor and we all saw what happened the first time.

Legacy fights or a move to LHW.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I would love that job. Sitting in this fucking cube all day is soul destroying.

Good friend, a crushed soul doesn't incur medical bills, a back however..

Googled her...... hrmmmmmm......... Googled her + horse........... dayum.

What's your job?

I have to shovel spent acid build up into buckets then carry them around and lift them out of a tower, they probably weigh about 20 or more kilo.... we do this and usually clean out about 5 tonnes of crap. The most we have done was probably 20 tonnes in one week.

We also have to climb up 6 stories to get to where we work, fuck I hate stairs.

Essentially i carry heavy shit no matter what it is. Today it was table saws, sheet rock, doors, cement bags and a bunch of other crap. I only had to go up two flights, however for shits i counted how many times i went down the stairs..by noon it was 90. I then gave up counting because i forgot how numbers worked at that point.

At my job I sit at my desk a lot and surf the internet a lot as well.

I often wonder why I still have a job. It's nice to be surrounded by idiots that make me look good.

Living the dream Douglas. Living the dream.

A) Move to LHW

Anderson v The Icon Tito would break PPV records and would be far more competitive than any fight the Candiman has taken in the last few years.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Currently have a soul-crushing desk job, last job was a physical job lifting boxes. I'll take sitting in a desk with AC over lifting boxes in seedy areas in hot-ass weather any day.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Currently have a soul-crushing desk job, last job was a physical job lifting boxes. I'll take sitting in a desk with AC over lifting boxes in seedy areas in hot-ass weather any day.

Im looking forward to having my soul crushed instead of my feet, hands, face, rib cage..etc

Boetsch vs Philly Poo? I like my chances.

Seriously? What he do .. rack up a few wins at Supa Fight Leeeeg? Remember when he was Schuabed by Overeem?

Same shit happened to Duffee that happened to the former UFC Heavyweight Champion. An Uberknee to the gut. OK well with Bork it was more of a kick, but it was similar.

Same shit happened to Duffee that happened to the former UFC Heavyweight Champion. An Uberknee to the gut. OK well with Bork it was more of a kick, but it was similar.

I just watched that again the other night. Overeem didn't even throw a punch. He just kept kicking and kneeing Brock's belly. Pretty ruthless strategy.

The best thing about the ending of that fight was how MR touches Duff's cup when they are falling and realizes it and moves his hand super fast.

Top Bottom