• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Centurion

Banned
Rumble has finally gotten the message and moved up to LHW. I think this will be a good move for him.

that's because the asshole never learned his lesson... Even after all the UFC bullshit, he wasn't able to make middle weight at Titan Fighting, so they made his fight at 195lb catchweight.

He was forced to move up to LHW. The guy is a joke.

TheNatural

My Member!
Nerd Chat is up. Free Sherdog stream and maybe SHOFight?

99WGX.jpg

Centurion

Banned
Karo got submitted via guillotine early in the first round to a guy who took the fight on one weeks notice and moved up in weight to take the fight...

You has-been you.

TheNatural

My Member!
So not only does Heel desert the dedicated BadMMA fans, he also has given me PTSD over Phil Collins songs stuck in my head. Take a look at me noww ...

FUUUUUUU

dream

"I'm facing pressure in this fight, but I've been through so much in my life recently that honestly, I'm not nervous at all," Fickett told MMAjunkie.com Radio earlier this week. "If I don't win this fight, I'm pretty much homeless."

"I'm just grateful where I am in life after some real rough patches the last few months. Even though I'll be homeless if I don't win this fight, which I don't plan on losing, that brings me no pressure whatsoever."

Jonatas Novaes defeated Drew Fickett by TKO (strikes) at 51 seconds of round 1

:)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Theres a channel here that just started showing Bellator. Man theres a bunch of ex cons there.

SteveWD40

If he misses weight for this one then all of you guys will hear my laughter all the way from Taiwan.

He will, I would bet on it. He will walk around at 240+ and try and cut from there at a guess, he just can't seem to "get it", plus he is fucking MASSIVE, like HW massive.

It'll be interesting to see what he gonna do at LHW. Presumably he's going to be a lot more hydrated and not depleted or exhausted anymore. He'll be fighting bigger guys but he should have some decent KO power and his wrestling has always been good. I could see him stringing together two or three wins (while making weight each time) and going back to UFC. But his last fight - where he missed weight and won by decision - isn't doing him any favors.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
He will, I would bet on it. He will walk around at 240+ and try and cut from there at a guess, he just can't seem to "get it", plus he is fucking MASSIVE, like HW massive.

IIRC:

He weighed around 220-230lbs when he cut to 170lbs.

Then as the story went when he jumped to 185lbs his first thought was "hey, I could bulk up even more. I've got 15lbs less to drop!" and fucked it all up.

So I presume he'll be cutting from 240-250lbs. And I see him missing weight for his first LHW fight. Probably 209lbs or something after he emerges from hibernating in a sauna.

He's 6'2" and has a 78" reach. With his evident skills he could definitely hang at either LHW or even HW - which I assume he will end up doing when he misses weight for his 1st or 2nd LHW fight.

Also his Wikipedia page always provides laughs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(fighter)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I forget does Rumble do TRT? I was surprised to learn that duffee uses it. i mean he always looked like a huge roider but lol at him doing it "legally"

go chael and hendo!

Speaking of Chael. Dude is really getting most of the face time in the marketing for the fight, all advertisments ive seen so far have been mostly Chael.

Centurion

Banned

ShaneB

So does Dana want company men who act like robots? Or personalities to build a brand for themselves?

Dana makin' no sense.

Boogie

Dana being the disrespectful shit that he is...

Of course he's going to look out for himself over you and your company you prick (which he fought for before you and the people who own you bought it). Not to mention the UFC wouldn't even be around at this point if it wasn't for him, he deserved the money and probably even more than he was paid. What a douche.

The worst thing for an MMA champion to do is to duck the clear #1 contender.

That is exactly what Tito did for more than a year when Chuck was hungry for a title shot.

For that reason alone (though there are, of course, many others) Ortiz is worthy of ridicule and derision in the annals of MMA lore....

Centurion

Banned
The worst thing for an MMA champion to do is to duck the clear #1 contender.

That is exactly what Tito did for more than a year when Chuck was hungry for a title shot.

For that reason alone (though there are, of course, many others) Ortiz is worthy of ridicule and derision in the annals of MMA lore....

Couture became famous for beating Ortiz.

Liddell became a superstar for beating Couture.

Ya he ducked Liddell, that has nothing to do with Dana White being a bitch that complains because he didn't have the most recognized fighter by the balls. Boohoo to him, it's an old grudge that he'll never let go of. He wants everyone to treat him like a god, he's nothing, the fighters are what make the sport.

Boogie

Couture became famous for beating Ortiz.

Liddell became a superstar for beating Couture.

Holy shit, you're revising history like a motherfucker here.

Define "famous" dude.

Because Couture spanking Tito did a 94k buyrate.

One thing, and one thing only, made both Couture and Liddell "famous" and "superstars": TUF.

Yes, Pre-TUF, the UFC's biggest star was Tito. But "biggest" back then meant 150k buys for Shamrock/Tito at UFC 40, and Tito's next appearance, Tito/Randy did only 94k, suggesting that the UFC 40 number was mostly pro-wrestling fans tuning in for Ken, not Tito.

But TUF made Randy and Chuck, not Tito.

Centurion

Banned
Holy shit, you're revising history like a motherfucker here.

Define "famous" dude.

Because Couture spanking Tito did a 94k buyrate.

One thing, and one thing only, made both Couture and Liddell "famous" and "superstars": TUF.

Yes, Pre-TUF, the UFC's biggest star was Tito. But TUF made Randy and Chuck, not Tito.

Re-visioned history? The fuck you talking about... Of course we are talking pre TUF here. Those guys got legitimized by beating the "Champion". (well Couture anyway, Chuck beat him after)

Pre TUF, UFC was dead and it never would've even been in a place to create TUF if it wasn't for Tito. FACT.

Boogie

Re-visioned history? The fuck you talking about... Of course we are talking pre TUF here. Those guys got legitimized by beating the "Champion". (well Couture anyway, Chuck beat him after)

Pre TUF, UFC was dead and it never would've even been in a place to create TUF if it wasn't for Tito. FACT.

"Legitimized" != "got famous"

So a hundred thousand more people saw Randy whoop Tito than saw Randy whoop Chuck. Whoopdy-fucking-doo.

But yes, Tito (with the greater drawing power of Ken Shamrock) kept the UFC on life support long enough to get to TUF. Yaay Tito. I'm not saying Tito was irrelevant. I'm saying let's not blow his role out of proportion.

If you look at the buyrates between UFC 40 and TUF, the picture is not quite so clear. ie. the last Tito card before TUF did 40k. While Mir/Sylvia (with a Shamrock/Kimo co-main) did 110k. It suggests, perhaps, that it was Ken's pro-wrestling fanbase, rather than Tito, that was to be credited for the post 40 success.

FACT #2(a): sporting-wise, Tito has been irrelevant to the division since 2006 (SD over Forrest.)

FACT #2(b): business-wise, Tito has been irrelevant to the sport since, at best, 2007 (UFC 73: stacked, Tito/Rashad I)

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Bellator just signed a top freestyle wrestler named Shawn Bunch. He was close to making the Olympic squad and he doesn't have a single amateur or pro fight. Has Bellator ever signed a prospect so risky?

Centurion

Banned
and what do any of your facts have to do with what I said... You even partially admit he helped keep them afloat.

No one is talking about his legitimacy as the greatest ever. Don't let your hate for Tito misconstrue my point. Dana is just being the spiteful bitch that wants to rule with an iron fist.

He hates him because they are alike. Greedy assholes trying to suck up every ounce of profit that they can muster.

Centurion

Banned
I didn't realize how shitty things got... Apart from UFC 148 (which isn't even that stacked), there is seriously like a 6 month period of shit card after shit card... This will be a very bad year for the UFC.

edit: UFC on Fox is better than the other three PPVs!

Top Bottom