• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

I'm down for Frankenstein.

I just found the Guns Germs and Steel audio cd at a sidewalk sale for $1, and listened to most of it. Fascinating stuff. I'd be down for an actual reading, since I'm sure this must be abridged.

It's funny that both this thread and the comics thread have recently discussed why some fans seem really negative towards current trends and some fans are bummed by this negativity and want more positive discussion. Maybe that's just internet discussion in general.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's funny that both this thread and the comics thread have recently discussed why some fans seem really negative towards current trends and some fans are bummed by this negativity and want more positive discussion. Maybe that's just internet discussion in general.

I cant believe im prefering dc titles to marvel. Hell I cant believe im reading green lantern and snoozing through avengers vs xmen.

I cant believe im prefering dc titles to marvel. Hell I cant believe im reading green lantern and snoozing through avengers vs xmen.
I've never followed any DC, even as a kid, but so many people have said how great the new Animal Man is that I blind bought the trade. Will get to it eventually.

Marvel...that's what I read as a kid and sometimes I nostalgia and look at new stuff and it's just bleh. I hear the new "Wolverine and the X-Men" series is pretty good but I dunno if I'll actually buy it to find out.

dream

Does Rachel Rising get better? I read the first 3 issues because I really liked Strangers in Paradise and was surprised at how uninteresting it seemed.

dream

I would rather not do science fiction fantasy but whatevs, let's just read shit instead of talking about how Dan Stevens got injured and had to be replaced by Chris Ward in the Jake Edson fight.

I've liked movies based on Dick's work more than actually reading him.

I think TBC is looking the best of the three lately. Maybe it's the newlywed glow.

rich_franklin_ufc147_large.jpg

Heel

Never read PKD so couldn't weigh in one way or another, but wanted to give one of his books a try eventually. Leaning towards The Man in the High Castle.

Are we settled on Frankenstein, then? Fine by me.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Who do you guys think would beat JBJ at heavyweight in 2012? Let's say he weighs in at 235.
I'd like to feed him to an array of brutes like Hong Man Choi, Bob Sapp, Bob Lashley, and Brock Lesnar. I don't care if they don't beat him... but they will break him and make him humble. And then send in Minowaman to sweep the leg before handing him to Overeem to be finished off. If he can beat Overeem, despite Overeem's dirty tricks like steroids and flaming, glass-encrusted hand wraps, Bones will be redeemed and be our hero once more.

Would you guys rather watch a guy that puts on exciting fights who loses sometimes or a boring fighter who keeps winning fights like Woodley does?
Exciting, of course. The problem is that people are afraid to lose their jobs if they don't keep winning. There are only so many entertaining losers that are kept around.

Do you guys purchase funny books in person, yes/no?
No. I buy TPBs on Amazon like a cheap bastard. I am really considering switching over to digital, though. And then my bookshelves will be empty except for roleplaying stuff.

He looks like a Munster version of Ken Shamrock.

Bellator signs Paul Daley

I take it that's a no, then?

I was looking to give something by Philip K. Dick a try but not sure if that's anyone's cup of tea.

Giving Dick a try for the first time can leave a bad taste in some people's mouths. In all seriousness though, I only read Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep. It was ok, nothing to write home about. And I tried The Man in the High Castle but couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another try somewhere down the line.

Heel

Pretty decent Bad MMA on tap tonight.

Especially interested in Jungle Fight. Maybe Wallid will have some future Erick Silvas and Edson Barbozas in the wings.

Less interested in Jorge Santiago vs. Jay "Hey guys, I beat Kendall Grove" Silva + Titan FC's band of Bad MMA Lifers.

Official song of BadMMA week next week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvtoyVi7vY

Much more appropriate for these men caught in a desperate struggle.

I'd like to feed him to an array of brutes like Hong Man Choi, Bob Sapp, Bob Lashley, and Brock Lesnar. I don't care if they don't beat him... but they will break him and make him humble. And then send in Minowaman to sweep the leg before handing him to Overeem to be finished off. If he can beat Overeem, despite Overeem's dirty tricks like steroids and flaming, glass-encrusted hand wraps, Bones will be redeemed and be our hero once more.

I like the cut of your jib, friend. Stay a while.

TheNatural

My Member!
Pretty decent Bad MMA on tap tonight.

Especially interested in Jungle Fight. Maybe Wallid will have some future Erick Silvas and Edson Barbozas in the wings.

Less interested in Jorge Santiago vs. Jay "Hey guys, I beat Kendall Grove" Silva + Titan FC's band of Bad MMA Lifers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvtoyVi7vY

Much more appropriate for these men caught in a desperate struggle.

Needs more air drum though.

You should tweet this to Nick Ring as his next intro, it would be epic.

BTW what movie is in this video? Looks GIF magnificent.

Heel

Bellator signs Paul Daley

Giving Dick a try for the first time can leave a bad taste in some people's mouths. In all seriousness though, I only read Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep. It was ok, nothing to write home about. And I tried The Man in the High Castle but couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another try somewhere down the line.

I like how Bellator is filling out the brackets and making things a little more interesting. I'd love to see Daley knock Askren's head into the 2nd row.

Ah I guess I'll just give it a try eventually and see what's up. Doesn't look like a huge commitment as far as book length goes.

Maklershed said:
Giving Dick a try for the first time can leave a bad taste in some people's mouths.
I read some of a short story collection thinking they might be easier to get through, but I don't remember anything. The Three Stigmata is something that I have always wanted to read but doubt I will ever actually.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Never read PKD so couldn't weigh in one way or another, but wanted to give one of his books a try eventually. Leaning towards The Man in the High Castle.

Are we settled on Frankenstein, then? Fine by me.

Sure, considering I already read it, granted it was quite a few years ago.

Mitsurux

I not a super MMA fan, but i've watched the sport for along time...

Is there a preference between the way the UFC selects fights when compared to Bellators Bracket system...

are MMA fans divided over something like this?

I not a super MMA fan, but i've watched the sport for along time...

Is there a preference between the way the UFC selects fights when compared to Bellators Bracket system...

are MMA fans divided over something like this?

I wouldn't mind seeing it in UFC and they're in the middle of it right now for the wee little guys to determine the first champion. I think the problem with it though .. which can definitely be seen recently with all the injuries or with the Strikeforce HW tournament .. is that its very easy to derail the tournament and make the victory sort of hollow. The Cormier/Barnett fight was fun to watch but at that point I don't think anyone at all gave a shit about it being the final fight of the Grand Prix.

ShaneB

Well I was all pumped to watch Maynard/Guida card tonight. Confused myself and only realized just now when I got home that it isn't until next week.

Was out for dinner as well with coworkers and saw a Silva vs Franklin 2 poster. It still doesn't seem real.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Struve vs. Stipe is the Nottingham headliner. Bisping said he'd like to be on the Sept 1st card or fight in England for his return.

Top Bottom