• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

SoulUnison

Banned
Nice. My first Job Summon was Black Mage, which was exactly what I wanted, then I saved and bought both of the FFRK Legends packs, and with the 6 Summon Ticket refund from that I summoned....White Mage. That or Red would have been the best possible outcomes.

Now I have exactly what I wanted so I can just sit on Tickets and Magicite until something else comes along.

WarAdept

Nice. My first Job Summon was Black Mage, which was exactly what I wanted, then I saved and bought both of the FFRK Legends packs, and with the 6 Summon Ticket refund from that I summoned....White Mage. That or Red would have been the best possible outcomes.

Now I have exactly what I wanted so I can just sit on Tickets and Magicite until something else comes along.

You're living my Mobius dream.

Looks like the way to do Chocobos on Hard Mode is to bring a class with element cards that are weak and strong against the chocobo you're fighting.

This way, when you use an element it's weak against, you always fit in one attack that's of the same element as the chocobo. It keeps it from getting angry/running away, so you don't get one-shot nor does the battle end. And even though the same-element attack heals it, it's not by much.

Also think de-barrier might be good for this because holy crap their barrier skill seems insane.

Pejo

Cheers, fellow mage-bro. My first job was Ranger, then Thief, and since then I've pulled Black Mage, Red Mage, and White Mage in that order, just getting WHM last night. Sad thing is, I really wanted Samurai =/.

Ah well, I'm deep into Mage meta at this point, and just 4*'d my Vanille + Fang card last night. Popping 30k dmg on Keeper 2* feels great, and I don't even have the last 2 card upgrades for the bonus damage on multiplayer bosses. I pity 2* Ifrit when he comes back.

What are the "character" jobs for mage anyways? I know there's Hope but I can't think of what the others are.

Golnei

I just thought they were generic sage and ninja classes since they are generic classes anyway

Regardless of how they're treated by the game, they're still identical to the Dissidia versions.

CTmT9NEWsAARckO.jpg

CTmT9HgWwAA8Nh8.jpg

I had to abort my support upgrade quest since I need six of something you can only buy (at the moment).

That said, my Blizzara is almost maxed out, probably a good candidate for my first Growstar? Either that or Blizzard.

Or wait until Sunday for when I don't draw a ranger card again.

Celegus

I had to abort my support upgrade quest since I need six of something you can only buy (at the moment).

That said, my Blizzara is almost maxed out, probably a good candidate for my first Growstar? Either that or Blizzard.

Or wait until Sunday for when I don't draw a ranger card again.

It seems pretty accepted that cone attacks are the worst choice to upgrade, just fyi.

Oh fuck yes.
Unpopular opinion, but I've been playing Final Fantasies since 5 and Hope is my favorite Black Mage in the series as well as my favorite character in XIII.

You'll be glad to know he's currently the top ranked mage class in the game (JP).

Also I'm glad I can finally use debarrier in MP. Not being able to in ifrit was pretty lame

Razmos

Oh fuck yes.
Unpopular opinion, but I've been playing Final Fantasies since 5 and Hope is my favorite Black Mage in the series as well as my favorite character in XIII.
I didn't really care for him in my first playthrough, but in my second he was amazing. I'd love to get the Hope job in Mobius.

Hmm, any reason why? They've been consistently useful for me at 3★.

They're good now mainly because we're fighting groups of a maximum of 6 mobs. Later on, I think this increases, and cone can't hit everything. Plus, it does less damage/break than single target. So AoE and ST cards are preferred over cone.

Though I can see some uses in boss fights like ifrit if there's two guardians and the boss.

Celegus

They're good now mainly because we're fighting groups of a maximum of 6 mobs. Later on, I think this increases, and cone can't hit everything. Plus, it does less damage/break than single target. So AoE and ST cards are preferred over cone.

Though I can see some uses in boss fights like ifrit if there's two guardians and the boss.

Pretty much this. It's too average to excel at anything. Useful now, but the word is that later on there will be tons of enemies at once, and then obviously ST spells for bosses.

Pretty much this. It's too average to excel at anything. Useful now, but the word is that later on there will be tons of enemies at once, and then obviously ST spells for bosses.
Hmm, okay then, I guess I'll work on Blizzard and Blizzaga then.

Actually, since Red Chocobo drops Fire, maybe I should 4★ my gacha Kirin and max that.

Falk

that puzzling face
Think I'm just going to stick to Normal for this. It's too tedious to grind without Autobattle, and there's always Sundaily for skillseeds.

edit: To add to the ST/Cone/AOE discussion, Cone is immensely useful for the starting stages of the game, specifically when you have only 3 or 4 actions, Orbs are tight, and 6-battle dungeons with multiple enemies crop up. Having a 3-Orb nuke that kills off smaller mobs and takes off yellow bars for the big one (unless it's the same element) is a pretty great perpetual motion machine.

That being said, I wouldn't recommend making more than one Cone 4* ever, if at all. Depends if you can short circuit past that awkward phase where it's too slow to build 5 (or 6) orbs for each AOE attack and STing everything down one by one is worse. e.g. when you're stuck with pariah classes and pariah weapons and have only 3 actions per turn.

Pejo

Hmm, okay then, I guess I'll work on Blizzard and Blizzaga then.

Actually, since Red Chocobo drops Fire, maybe I should 4★ my gacha Kirin and max that.

If you get enough magicite before the event ends, I reallllly recommend Fang & Vanille. As a BLM or a WHM it's an absolute killer in multiplayer, and against anything other than ice monsters in single player, it's almost as deadly. I don't see any other bang for your buck card in global at the moment than that card for damage.

After i screwed up making 2 4* cone spells to start out, I've 4*d Fang & Vanille and plan on doing Tifa + Aerith next. I can't imagine they're ever going to be useless.

WarAdept

I'm finally a full 4* CritLord.

...with no BDL cards.

Lol.

I've Augumented Seigfried and Tidus & Jecht to 4*. I have 2 Growstars remaining. Tyro the safest bet here?

Pejo

...with no BDL cards.

Lol.

I've Augumented Seigfried and Tidus & Jecht to 4*. I have 2 Growstars remaining. Tyro the safest bet here?

Congrats! I don't play any warrior classes, but just curious, what's the benefit of having both a Seig and a T&J?

Also, after many hours of Multiplayer under my belt now, I have to say the hardest thing to find is a good breaker. These fights could be over so much quicker if breakers understood and performed their role as they're supposed to. I mostly blame the game because it just takes people that are probably 99% auto'ing through levels and then throws them into something where they need to know what to do. But still, it's so damn frustrating when Tyro gets his Wall move off when he's like 2 normal attacks from break, and your breaker uses some stupid earth spell for 1200 dmg instead.

WarAdept

Congrats! I don't play any warrior classes, but just curious, what's the benefit of having both a Seig and a T&J?

Also, after many hours of Multiplayer under my belt now, I have to say the hardest thing to find is a good breaker. These fights could be over so much quicker if breakers understood and performed their role as they're supposed to. I mostly blame the game because it just takes people that are probably 99% auto'ing through levels and then throws them into something where they need to know what to do. But still, it's so damn frustrating when Tyro gets his Wall move off when he's like 2 normal attacks from break, and your breaker uses some stupid earth spell for 1200 dmg instead.

T&J has crazy base damage and critical rate, but non existant Break Damage. Which is where Sieg comes in.

Finally unlocked BDL on T&J... and I crit Tyro for 67k. Ah if only Ifrit 2* was still around, I'd love to see the numbers I could get on that.

I also find PUG breakers to be the worst of the lot also. Usually I can filter out the bads by setting the Player level to 30+, but even then, I tend to leave if they don't have Artemis equipped.

Caim

...with no BDL cards.

Lol.

Just maxed out Dark Knight as well I'm using 4* Moogle, 4* Ares, 3* T&J, and 4* Zephyr and alternating between Ifrit (not the Multiplayer version) and Syldra if I need an area attack card for those elements.

Razmos

Apparently it's just been revealed at TGS that the Azure Witch is going to be a playable character. It looks like she has a preset job (which is mage type) but she can be customised with different looks and accessories

I've been only playing breaker in MP so far (only maxed skirmisher so far) and Tyro is weird since it's kind of hard to get him down before he does sentinel. This is without ffrk cards giving the extra turn.

I try to drive/use pupus to get enough life orbs for artemis but when it doesn't work, I can't do enough to break him before he does artemis unless a warrior class uses the whole turn to attack.

Golnei

Apparently it's just been revealed at TGS that the Azure Witch is going to be a playable character. It looks like she has a preset job (which is mage type) but she can be customised with different looks and accessories

I wonder how quickly they'll reach parity between her and Echo as far as fanservice costumes are concerned - I like the hooded outfit she has at the moment, but the little I've seen of her outside that is very standard JRPG heroine.

Xetherion

T&J has crazy base damage and critical rate, but non existant Break Damage. Which is where Sieg comes in.

Finally unlocked BDL on T&J... and I crit Tyro for 67k. Ah if only Ifrit 2* was still around, I'd love to see the numbers I could get on that.

I also find PUG breakers to be the worst of the lot also. Usually I can filter out the bads by setting the Player level to 30+, but even then, I tend to leave if they don't have Artemis equipped.

What build did you have when you crit for 67k? I just unlocked BDL on T&J and i'm only critting for 25k

WarAdept

What build did you have when you crit for 67k? I just unlocked BDL on T&J and i'm only critting for 25k

Sieg, T&J, Water Pupu and Moogle are my general use ones. My T&J is 4* with Ability level 8 so it does 828 base damage. If I'm running an organized group with Faith Supporter, I'll drop Moogle and slot in Phantom for the Def Down debuff.

It's also dependant on if your group is doing Elemental Chains as well. Not going to get that type of output if everyone is spamming whatever element during break phase.

EDIT: Lol I wasn't even trying to do this. I was half playing while playing FFX at the same time and I'm sad because I'll never know how to replicate it.

zorKZRE.jpg

Celegus

Woo, finally maxed my red mage! Got to see his glorious new outfit for 2 seconds and then my phone battery died, so I guess that'll wait till tomorrow.

Anyone else feel like they should update the daily login rewards for skillseeds when you're higher in level? 500 is just something I can get from using 5-6 stamina.

Top Bottom