• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ModNation Racers |OT| Loading, Moaning And Creating Vinyl Clothing

rc213

Corran Horn said:
I've never hated something so much in my life. Add a rally monkey in there and Ill flip!
Don't lie, You know you grabbed it ride around like a winner.

Also rally monkey is a Anacrime thing, Get it right.

Sumasshu

My most used Mod right now is the Goku mod by leidolfr69. There wasn't any good vehicle for him though, so I made my own: Goku's Plane

The Kanji was painstakingly done with primitives. ;)

modnationracerst.jpg

netguy503

Sumasshu said:
My most used Mod right now is the Goku mod by leidolfr69. There wasn't any good vehicle for him though, so I made my own: Goku's Plane

The Kanji was painstakingly done with primitives. ;)

So...why would Goku need a plane?:lol

ukas

netguy503 said:
So...why would Goku need a plane?:lol

If I'm not mistaken he used to fly on a cloud in the original Dragonball. A plane is probably as close as you're going to get.

EDIT:

DragonBall_Cloud_w.gif

Rather surprising no gaffer has tried to clone the new pokemon trainers from the black and white games, oh and the haruhi character on the last page is great :p fuck I need money to buy a ps3 :( I felt like this when LBP first came out too.

MrPliskin

Banned
Anyone who does a lot of creating take note: Lock your creations! My friend who made the Dead Space stuff had a lot of it poached. Basically people are downloading and republishing w/out any modification, just changing keywords and such to get downloads

MrPliskin said:
Anyone who does a lot of creating take note: Lock your creations! My friend who made the Dead Space stuff had a lot of it poached. Basically people are downloading and republishing w/out any modification, just changing keywords and such to get downloads
Really is a spiritual sequel to LBP, isn't it?

Dreavus

MrPliskin said:

Wow...

Hypereides

Gold Member
MrPliskin said:

Jesus... thanks for the heads up. I'll remember that when I publish my stuff.

Fucking biters :/

expy

Banned
Un-publish them and re-publish them locked. Should work, but you lose all your download stats etc.

Close-uo of the S.O.S. Brigade Kart!
f2povt.jpg

Beq

Neo Member
Branson said:
Stuck on a challenge. It says I need to get 4000 airtime points but I'm not sure how to do that.

airtime points is just time in the air...

There is a big ramp near the start of that map, stick right and you should see it.. its to the right just past the the trees.

Double tap X to get some extra air too. You should get right around 1000 points... and then just double jump ramps, etc to get the rest.

Branson

Beq said:
airtime points is just time in the air...

There is a big ramp near the start of that map, stick right and you should see it.. its to the right just past the the trees.

Double tap X to get some extra air too. You should get right around 1000 points... and then just double jump ramps, etc to get the rest.
Lol. It sounded obvious but when I was in the air no counters came up or anything so I wasn't sure what I was doing wrong. Thanks :D

Dreavus

expy said:
Un-publish them and re-publish them locked. Should work, but you lose all your download stats etc.

Close-uo of the S.O.S. Brigade Kart!
http://i45.tinypic.com/f2povt.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Expy, you are doing God's work. If I end up getting this game, your account will be one of the first I'm grabbing characters from. :D

After looking at all the terrible John Locke mods out there, I decided to create one of my own. Been fine-tuning him for a week, I think I got him to where I'm satisfied.

Screenshot2010-05-31at103744PM.png

It's named Locke, PSN ID is ConradCervantes.

rc213

How do you score points in a head to head battle?

Man some of these goals are getting frustratingly hard and I don't think I am that far in.

expy

Banned
Branson said:
This game is god damn infuriating with some of the objectives.
You tell me! I seriously wanted to throw my Dualshock at my screen at least 25 times. Some challenges took me 50+ redos....

Branson

expy said:
You tell me! I seriously wanted to throw my Dualshock at my screen at least 25 times. Some challenges took me 50+ redos....
:lol I haven't been this mad at a game since Titan mode on GoW 3...

Beq

Neo Member
Branson said:
:lol I haven't been this mad at a game since Titan mode on GoW 3...

Tell me about it, I was getting pissed on one of the earlier challenges. The skidplate grudge match... Had to play that countless times, most of them ending in getting shot at half a second before the finish line.

The grudge match with Hale had me trying to snap the controller in half. I know UFG wants to present a challenging game, but sometimes it borders on obscene how unfair it is at times.

No45

rc213 said:
How do you score points in a head to head battle?

Man some of these goals are getting frustratingly hard and I don't think I am that far in.
Practice, there really isn't an easy way of doing these. Did the Craggy Hills one last night against Iceman - I pretty much had to race flawlessly to get in ahead of him in points. It was easy to beat him to the finish line, but then he'd beat my points, or beat him in points, but then by the time I'd finished the deductions took me below his score. I just completely nailed it on about my eighth attempt (Quick restarts not included).

Those grudge matches really force you to know the track and race it well. On a related note, it's ridiculous that you can't change your car setup at the starting line.

HappyBivouac said:
I've heard the game supports custom music. How do I get to it?
It's the standard XMB custom music I think? Hit the PS button, navigate to the music menu and select a playlist.

Eteric Rice

I know you guys have been saying that the loading sucks, but how is the loading in single player and local multiplayer?

It has local multiplayer right?

I want to get this, but I'm also impatient. How bad we talking here?

Nyx

Eteric Rice said:
I know you guys have been saying that the loading sucks, but how is the loading in single player and local multiplayer?

It has local multiplayer right?

I want to get this, but I'm also impatient. How bad we talking here?

Only the initial load from the PS3 menu to the game is very, very long, after that it ain't THAT bad, and when you're finally racing, restarting only takes a few seconds.

And yes it has 4-player local MP.

Eteric Rice

Nyx said:
Only the initial load from the PS3 menu to the game is very, very long, after that it ain't THAT bad, and when you're finally racing, restarting only takes a few seconds.

Are they going to try to fix the inital load time?

I'm still going to get it, but I'm just wondering.

Nyx

Eteric Rice said:
Are they going to try to fix the inital load time?

I'm still going to get it, but I'm just wondering.

They have been talking about a patch making load times faster indeed.

Purist

Neo Member
My Mod (supposed to look somewhat like me) and a few of his adventures. The last two shots weren't my tracks. The game is sooo much fun. I love it.

ModNation-™-Racers_2.JPG

ModNation-™-Racers_12.JPG

ModNation-™-Racers_11.JPG

ModNation-™-Racers_10.JPG

ModNation-™-Racers_9.JPG

ModNation-™-Racers_7.JPG

ModNation-™-Racers_6.JPG

ModNation-™-Racers_5.JPG

ModNation-™-Racers_1.JPG

ModNation-™-Racers_4.JPG

ModNation-™-Racers_3.JPG

depward

Really, really enjoying the PS3 version... but the PSP version is surprisingly good! PLUS your XP earned playing online for the PSP adds to the XP you earn playing ranked matches and such for the PS3 version. So if you're looking to XP-whore at all, PSP online matches is where it's at.

Purist

Neo Member
depward said:
Really, really enjoying the PS3 version... but the PSP version is surprisingly good! PLUS your XP earned playing online for the PSP adds to the XP you earn playing ranked matches and such for the PS3 version. So if you're looking to XP-whore at all, PSP online matches is where it's at.

I had a really hard time with the drifting on PSP. The PS3's drift mechanic is rock solid, but on the portable I felt like I was better off with just using regular brake for the turns. I guess I'll have to try it again.

depward

Purist said:
I had a really hard time with the drifting on PSP. The PS3's drift mechanic is rock solid, but on the portable I felt like I was better off with just using regular brake for the turns. I guess I'll have to try it again.

It's weird; I can drift ALMOST as good as the PS3 version when I drift THEN start really cornering. It's hard to explain, but if you're cornering hard and then try to drift, the drift usually puts you into the fence.

Purist

Neo Member
Ahhh...that might be the trick. I'll give it a shot. Not to XP whore, but just to keep my train rides quick. :D

expy

Banned
Love this game!!!

Oh btw: for the "Getting to know you..." trophy for inviting 5 unique friends to an online race... You can just challenge ppl in modspot and "cancel" with 5 different ppl to get it.

netguy503

expy said:
Love this game!!!

Oh btw: for the "Getting to know you..." trophy for inviting 5 unique friends to an online race... You can just challenge ppl in modspot and "cancel" with 5 different ppl to get it.

Same with getting people to share your tracks. Go up to someone, press square, select the track you just made (this forces both you and the player to download it no matter if you play on it), cancel out... now you've got 2+ plays on your track on your way to 10. :D

BTW..I'm on Sinkhole of the Grim Tour. Anyone got any tips/shortcuts on the course? Thanks.

Got to love Sony Europe

Got an email from SCEA with a code for the air raid pack saying sorry for not including it, in the SCEE email in the space for the code it says xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (I have the european version of the game)

netguy503

kyo_daikun said:
Got to love Sony Europe

Got an email from SCEA with a code for the air raid pack saying sorry for not including it, in the SCEE email in the space for the code it says xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (I have the european version of the game)

They did that in North America too dude.

netguy503 said:
They did that in North America too dude.

Yeah this is what happens when i use my iphone to look at emails, they were both from SCEA but for some reason one looked like it was from SCEE, I dont think europeans even got these characters as far as I know.

yurinka

kyo_daikun said:
Got to love Sony Europe

You'll get the same mail from SCEE saying sorry. Or at least I got it.

demolitio

Well I took all the suggestions my map and renamed "Indiana Jones and the MNR" since themed maps definitely do better. :lol

Now that I know what I'm doing I can make some better, longer tracks. It's just really hard getting your creations noticed.

Top Bottom