• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Dreavus

nacire said:
I made a pic for the GAF Hunter's Group. I sure others could do better, but if you guys wanna use it for now that would be cool.

http://www.abload.de/img/mh_gafyut6.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Looks awesome! Glad to see it's already getting use in the steam group. :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay, went ahead and ordered it off Amazon with the $10 credit. It applied my $15 from Just Cause 2 automatically which made it $30. Decided to finally go for that Prime trial for free two-day shipping. Then it said one-day shipping was only 4 bucks more so it is predicted to arrive Thursday for $33.98, and I'll be able to actually get it this week for sure (logn story, it's being sent to my office). Pretty pumped! Now to pen Operating Steal Dad's Wii

Tenbatsu

jrricky said:
Question, cooking raw meat seems to be a little challenging, it's either rare or burnt when I'm done. :lol How do I time my cooking?
Keep your eyes on the color of the meat. Press the button the moment it changes color.

I'm excited about this tomorrow, yet at the same time, I'm kind of weary about getting this game.

I guess it's because the game will be so time-consuming. I don't know if I have the time to commit to the game as much as I want to.

Still, it's a great game to have in my Wii library. The Wii doesn't have many good games like this so I think it's a must-have for every Wii owner who's a core gamer.

I like that there are only regular and + variations of armor. MHFU got fucking crazy with all the different color variations.

You can still level up armor to be stronger right?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
jrricky said:
Yea, I noticed when I started. I'm really getting into this, with the item collecting and all. Sword and sheild are great, I think I am going to stick to these as main weapons...

Question, cooking raw meat seems to be a little challenging, it's either rare or burnt when I'm done. :lol How do I time my cooking?

Watch for the meat texture to get a little yellow.
You can still level up armor to be stronger right?

Yeah and when your HR is at a certain level you can even upgrade said armor to G level armor.

sprsk said:
Watch for the meat texture to get a little yellow.

Yeah and when your HR is at a certain level you can even upgrade said armor to G level armor.

: 0 Awesome. Does it look any different or is it just alot stronger? Does this mean there are G level monsters above +? I thought they scaled that back for this release, but i guess not.

Tenbatsu said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20812747&postcount=51

Armor calculation in MH3 is insane shit I am warning you. The max I can pulled off is 6 skills in an armor and my friend hit a record of 7 skills.

I dont really concern myself with that. I just focus on 2 skills with each set or armor and try to cancel out the bad.

EDIT: as a side note, it bothers me that barioth and barroth are so similar in name yet completely different. WHY JUSTIN TV, WHY?

Tenbatsu

Gamer @ Heart said:
: 0 Awesome. Does it look any different or is it just alot stronger? Does this mean there are G level monsters above +? I thought they scaled that back for this release, but i guess not.
Looks the same, Capcom is really lazy here. You are able to change the colors thou but.... its too small to be visible for majority of them :/

No G monsters. For weapons, only the poster boy monster weapons changes in appearance when upgraded, the rest are all the same. Capcom, lazy basterd.

Armor calculation this time round is totally different, its super flexible unlike before because of the protection stones. What's more, each of us will get different stones which enables us to have different combination of armors. This is the best addition for MH3 IMO. Its makes those lousy armor useful and you rarely see people walking around with the same armor set.

Insaniac

gonna get this tomorrow, i'm excited, my first MH game and I'd really like to play with some GAFFers as my cousin bailed on me and decided he won't get it.

Tenbatsu said:
Looks the same, Capcom is really lazy here. You are able to change the colors thou but.... its too small to be visible for majority of them :/

No G monsters. For weapons, only the poster boy monster weapons changes in appearance when upgraded, the rest are all the same. Capcom, lazy basterd.

Armor calculation this time round is totally different, its super flexible unlike before because of the protection stones.

Hope they fix that with the G release (please capcom please)

Im having serious trouble logging on to that IRC. I had to download java from chrome now it seems to be freezing when i try to get in. Hmmm

EDI: Shit, i pressed no to a java security warning and now the page goes to an error message. Any tips?

d0c_zaius

just got done with my first online game. connection was good for the most part and the newer players did fine.

feels good to play MH again the way it was meant to, finally! Anyone wanna play now? I dont mind total nubs, MH takes time and patience to learn.

Finally figured that shit out and got in. YES. Hopefully once i get everyone friended in game i wont have to deal with it on a regular basis.

NomarTyme

d0c_zaius said:
just got done with my first online game. connection was good for the most part and the newer players did fine.

feels good to play MH again the way it was meant to, finally! Anyone wanna play now? I dont mind total nubs, MH takes time and patience to learn.
What? Damn you! You in the US?

john tv

v2tg61.jpg

Somebody's goin' huntin' tonight baby! Woo!

jrricky

Banned
Can I sell these insect husks? what are they used for?

EDIT: All the items that basically say "Sell it!" is all they are used for right?

D-Pad

How many copies were there in the stores? Perhaps I should have just gone in and picked a copy up instead of waiting for it to be delivered...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gamer @ Heart said:
D pad. Its not exactly comfortable but at least you can move and turn at the same time much more comfortably than on the PSP.

:lol right.. I'm gonna need to check if Gamestops have the controllers in tomorrow...

Hawkian said:
:lol right.. I'm gonna need to check if Gamestops have the controllers in tomorrow...

Seriously, its not that bad. If you're swinging with motion then you can shift your hand up to the dpad and not worry about the buttons. Try it out when you get the game at least.

Regardless, CC PRO FOR LIFE.

ShinNL

jrricky said:

EDIT: All the items that basically say "Sell it!" is all they are used for right?
You can assume that all items can be used in some way (for consumption, for crafting, for combining) except for a few very rare exceptions. It's better to store everything you find or you might end up searching for these items later when you try to craft or combine something.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gamer @ Heart said:
D pad. Its not exactly comfortable but at least you can move and turn at the same time much more comfortably than on the PSP.

Wiimote has a camera center button which IMO is far superior to manual camera adjustment anyways, especially in the heat of battle. But what do I know. :p

jrricky said:

After a certain point in the game, using such low rarity items in combinations will be pointless/waste of time because you could just buy what you need or make something better, but right now they can be used in combinations with a bunch of stuff so just save them until you get 99 then sell the rest. You never know when you will randomly need something.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gamer @ Heart said:
Seriously, its not that bad. If you're swinging with motion then you can shift your hand up to the dpad and not worry about the buttons. Try it out when you get the game at least.

Regardless, CC PRO FOR LIFE.

I dunno. Not being able to control it like Demon's Souls will probably get to me.

Andrex said:
Wiimote has a camera center button which IMO is far superior to manual camera adjustment anyways, especially in the heat of battle. But what do I know. :p

Aha. Interesting.

Schwabe

Andrex said:

CCpro has this button too (L) and two ways of handling the camera (D-Pad, right stick) :p

anyways, can you tell me about the lobbies? now, the server are online and i am watching justin.tv, but i wonder if there are only 4 player lobbies. 3 weeks ago a guy from nintendo told me, that there are 10 player lobbies too...

so how is it my american friends? :)

Schwabe said:
CCpro has this button too (L) and two ways of handling the camera (D-Pad, right stick) :p

anyways, can you tell me about the lobbies? now, the server are online and i am watching justin.tv, but i wonder if there are only 4 player lobbies. 3 weeks ago a guy from nintendo told me, that there are 10 player lobbies too...

so how is it my american friends? :)

They limited the amount of people that can go into a city to 4, presumably for wii speak support there as well which is disappointing but not a deal breaker.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I had not realized you could use the CC/CCPro with Windows...

That may convince me, as using the PS3 controller via Bluetooth is a pain in the asses of the land

Mafro

Hope my UK copy arrives on Thursday, otherwise I won't be able to play it till Sunday due to my friends stag do.

Oxx

farnham said:
no Wifi Connection LOgo interesting

Probably because Capcom's running the show, not Nintendo.

Mafro said:
Hope my UK copy arrives on Thursday, otherwise I won't be able to play it till Sunday due to my friends stag do.

Oi Oi! get the WKDs in.

I'm not sure how good Zavvi are with preorders. Hope I get it before the end of the week.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Luigiv said:
Yes it is, Tap to re-center the camera, hold to cycle through the item quick select. It's the same in the WM&N scheme.

Oh really? Thanks.

Ended up changing my Amazon pre order to Games £50 box version as it was going to cost me £37 for game + controller so the £12 for wii speak/ possibly thursday delivery + figurine things seemed like a good trade off.
HYPE!
Ha and as I typed that got my processing for dispatch email :p

Amneisac

Am I the only one who is dreading the whole "Wii Speak" experience? Maybe it's just my own mind, but I am imagining babies crying, wives yelling at husbands, people sneezing and coughing, dogs barking, game / music being transmitted through the mic.

I have a friend who's getting this and we're just going to leave our 360's on and use party chat while we play, but I'll use a keyboard to type in-game. Is Wii Speak as bad as I'm expecting it to be? I also don't really want to spend $20 on a peripheral that I know I'll never use again.

Edited to Add: Is the running animation with the weapon sheathed supposed to be so hilarious? It's like the three stooges or something.

Top Bottom