• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Dreavus

Bisnic said:
I snuggle the pig once and i get the rathian plate in my quest rewards. :lol

I have no idea if it's a coincidence or not, but after spending all day killing its ass, it feels good to move to other monsters.

I usually play with the pig every time I go to collect farm crops. It's funny how she follows you around into the village afterward. :D

Dreavus said:
I usually play with the pig every time I go to collect farm crops. It's funny how she follows you around into the village afterward. :D

his name is fuckin t-bone, bringin to you live from the mgv with chakky-g, li'l sweetie, and your boy marv-o

Tenbatsu

Dreavus said:
You can try placing it in different location in the farm and see its reaction:D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Niblet said:
What do you mean "after", you STILL don't have all the materials yet? :lol :lol :lol
I extended an offer last night and it still stands. Come and find me.

EDIT: Missed the question- two wyvern claws elude me.

Sorry, fell asleep way too early and now I have barely enough time to sleep for work. :(

Tonight!

JRPereira

EmCeeGramr said:
his name is fuckin t-bone, bringin to you live from the mgv with chakky-g, li'l sweetie, and your boy marv-o

T-Bone represent!

-----

Can't wait to finish work so I can spend next weekend immersed in MH3.

dsister44 said:
Im so annoyed i missed a week of online hunting. now the rest of PAL gaf is ahead of me. Faust, if your reading, do you now hang out in the expert servers? cos everytime and try and warp to you it says HR mismatch:(

twas a good night tonight tho, don't think i did too badly taking on uraguaan for the first time. There were a couple of rocky moment like 'jesus christ this thin moves fast' and 'what the hell, this guy can eject sleeping gas ??!?

still we took it down in then end, and it was awesome. We will have to arrange a big raid night like before :D hope to see you guys tommorow night

btw faust, if you have to leave mid raid i'd advise running to an area with normal termerature so that you don't die as soon as the cool drink runs out:lol
Hey koz, It was pretty good overall yeah. I'm out of town, on vacation, i forgot to bring half my stuff, including a usb keyboard, which was annoying as shit. But i'll pick one up today. We should definitely play tonight. Didnt get on till late last night (everyone on my friends list was gone by then). Ended up doing some offline stuff.

The uragaan fight was pretty good, if unnerving at times. We did pretty alright, seeing as how it was more or less only 2 and a 1/2 of us, all because faust was too busy eating his friggin pizza to even bother hauling his ass out of the volcano! I hope that shit was worth it! With, like, anchovies, and watermelon, and chorizo and shit! :)

Let's do more 3* quests tonight. I'm almost set, need only tackle the urgent. And THEN we'll be able to hang with the cool kids and their yellow goddamned name tags.

Luigiv

Random thought: Holy shit, With the 30 hours I've put into Tri so far, I've invested around 200 hours into this series in less then a year (And that's not included unrecorded time with the demo and rage quits, which would probably give me another 20 hours). That's actually pretty impressive coming from me (Most games lose my interest in about 3 or 4 hours these days).

Only a few hundred more hours 'til I can claim to be pro :D.

A.CHAP

Banned
Any EU hunters up for doing some 1* quests tonight?

Im only HR 4 but have done a lot of SP. Hunter name is Josh 8M1FFX I will be on 6pm till late tonight.

Thanks to Selenae and Oz..something for joining me on my first group hunt last night.

I've been hearing about some kind of glitch for Agnaktor fights, something about been able to get more itens, money or whatever... don't know for sure.

Can someone please shed some light? Tenbatsu, maybe. :D

Alex

The pig has never done anything, there used to be all these rumors about this and that all the way back to MH1, but its never really done anything. It's really just a prank at this point, I doubt it'll ever go away. :lol

I got my rubies for random weapon ups but I cannot get any bird wyvern gems to save my life, ughh.

On the plus side, those rubies allowed me to make the LS I wanted, which I can solo a +GJaggie in 2.30 while I wait for my friend to come on.

On the minus side, the stones are myth and everything I am doing is pointless!

A.CHAP

Banned
Excellent news. i have not added myself to that thread as im not 100% i have my ID correct.
Will check when im in from work and put it on.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Me and JTV getting on to do some 3* stuff, (First we're farming rare scarabs though)

Wisdom1/40

Kyoufu

sprsk said:
Me and JTV getting on to do some 3* stuff, (First we're farming rare scarabs though)

Wisdom1/40

Are you guys going to do Barioth capture?

Nicktals said:
Just a question, if Soneet reads this...

I added myself a week or 2 ago, and still don't see myself on the site. Did I do it incorrectly, or haven't you updated in a while?

I think it's a great idea, and would love to be added!

Hes not updating it until he releases the official version, as its in beta right now.

dsister44

Fistwell said:
Hey koz, It was pretty good overall yeah. I'm out of town, on vacation, i forgot to bring half my stuff, including a usb keyboard, which was annoying as shit. But i'll pick one up today. We should definitely play tonight. Didnt get on till late last night (everyone on my friends list was gone by then). Ended up doing some offline stuff.

The uragaan fight was pretty good, if unnerving at times. We did pretty alright, seeing as how it was more or less only 2 and a 1/2 of us, all because faust was too busy eating his friggin pizza to even bother hauling his ass out of the volcano! I hope that shit was worth it! With, like, anchovies, and watermelon, and chorizo and shit! :)

Let's do more 3* quests tonight. I'm almost set, need only tackle the urgent. And THEN we'll be able to hang with the cool kids and their yellow goddamned name tags.

yeah im free tonight so it should be awesome :D only problem is how far behind you guys I am now, faust keeps hanging out in the expert server so i can't quest with him. im gunna have to start hr grinding pretty hevaily to catch up and join the super duper PALgaf high rank group:) do you know what rank I have to be to help you with your urgent?

Nos_G

sprsk's room is all full. Just chilling in the city 2 tavern by my lonesome.

Thorlis is online now! Send me a message in-game!

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

ShinNL

Man, deciding between playing Monster Hunter or finishing the Monster Hunter tool is quite hard... :p

For now I'll just play. I'm online now in the EU server, my Hunter ID is HJHKPB (Shin)
I'll be sitting in an empty city, so join up if you have the chance. HR27 or something (I don't mind doing lower quests)

dsister44

Soneet said:
Man, deciding between playing Monster Hunter or finishing the Monster Hunter tool is quite hard... :p

For now I'll just play. I'm online now in the EU server, my Hunter ID is HJHKPB (Shin)
I'll be sitting in an empty city, so join up if you have the chance. HR27 or something (I don't mind doing lower quests)

me and fistwell will be doing 3* quests tonight if you want to join

name: kozy

Hunter ID: MLHLAL (i think)

dsister44 said:
yeah im free tonight so it should be awesome :D only problem is how far behind you guys I am now, faust keeps hanging out in the expert server so i can't quest with him. im gunna have to start hr grinding pretty hevaily to catch up and join the super duper PALgaf high rank group:) do you know what rank I have to be to help you with your urgent?
Hi dude. U need to be HR 30 i believe. Thats the rank i'm stuck at right now anyways. It's alright, if we find a 3rd, we can grind the 3 star quests a little bit to get u up there. What are u now? 20 something?

windfish

Fistwell said:

oooh yeah and how tasty it was you wouldn't believe...but seriously iam deeply sorry for that! i was kinda forced to eat with the real peoplez.
Must be quite an thrill to fight this huge thing and seeing my healthbar getting lower and lower, i bet you were shitting all over yourself :D
anyway i got no rewards for this quest at all so this should be punishment enough, glad you two made it! iam not playing today, got some work to do but i will be online in the next days for sure! This game is getting a real timesink...

selig

Banned
wah, just killed my first Diablos online, but definitely not without help. Tough the one HR40-guys as rude afterwards, told him "well, my armor is too weak", and he replies "then change it...". Yeah, as if that´s so easy :/

oracrest

inching closer to hr 30, I am 27 now. Had a good lazy day of Monster Hunter all sunday. Only need two more pieces for my full Rathalos set.

I managed to get enough event quest plans to get the lance and upgrade, but I'm too poor to buy it, heh.

dsister44

Fistwell said:
Hi dude. U need to be HR 30 i believe. Thats the rank i'm stuck at right now anyways. It's alright, if we find a 3rd, we can grind the 3 star quests a little bit to get u up there. What are u now? 20 something?

21 currently :S might get on early so I can make some progress

selig

Banned
lol, okay, seriously. A HR19 guy wanted to to some Ratha with me, HR20. Then a HR30 and HR40 guy joined. After "we" pwned the Ratha, I asked if we could do a Diablos. One of the two said "even quest". So I say okay, first event quest.
What was it?
Diablos AND Aggunator or what is name was. Inside the arena. WTF. Im sorry, guys, but dont expect a HR19 and HR20 guy to manage this kind of encounter. Haha, it was one constant running between giant masses of flesh.

iamcenok

Just picked the game up the other day.

I just love love LOVE the fact that you can go back to PS2 style controls(fighting with analog stick). But my only gripe thus far is controlling your character underwater.

Standard controls is better suited for swimming. :(

Oh and I hate Barroth. What a bastard. I had to resort to playing online to kick his ass with a friend. :lol

Nos_G

Sorry Ryu and Philthy. My internet kept on going out on me.

I don't usually get all these errors, but I guess there's always a first.

Haunted

selig said:
lol, okay, seriously. A HR19 guy wanted to to some Ratha with me, HR20. Then a HR30 and HR40 guy joined. After "we" pwned the Ratha, I asked if we could do a Diablos. One of the two said "even quest". So I say okay, first event quest.
What was it?
Diablos AND Aggunator or what is name was. Inside the arena. WTF. Im sorry, guys, but dont expect a HR19 and HR20 guy to manage this kind of encounter. Haha, it was one constant running between giant masses of flesh.
Nah, think of it this way. These two gents offered you a good chance to get the rare reward by letting you tag along on a difficult quest. :p

That said I'm HR31 and not confident at all to beat that quest without a strong team backing me up. :lol Very tough.

Ridley327

Remfin/sprsk/john tv: great hunts all around, but I kept forgetting to go after a different part of the body while you guys were attacking a spot. That Great Sword makes short work of anything, including your work. :lol

We got robbed on that Rathalos, but I did manage to get a Rathian Plate on my third one. :D

Boney

Banned
Haunted said:
On to farming +mats with similarly shitty drop rates! :p
I'm not even farming for shit anymore. Now I'm only going to make armor if I notice I have the rare part. It got annoying, and being annoyed as you're playing a games means you're doing it wrong.

windfish said:
oooh yeah and how tasty it was you wouldn't believe...but seriously iam deeply sorry for that! i was kinda forced to eat with the real peoplez.
Must be quite an thrill to fight this huge thing and seeing my healthbar getting lower and lower, i bet you were shitting all over yourself :D
anyway i got no rewards for this quest at all so this should be punishment enough, glad you two made it! iam not playing today, got some work to do but i will be online in the next days for sure! This game is getting a real timesink...
Hey, dont worry about it, we all have stuff to do irl every so often! The fight was pretty cool indeed. You were about to die a horrible death, koz started shouting "FUCKING CAPTUREFAUSTISDYINGGODDAMIT!!!!", but the bastard wasnt limping. I went for the capture anyways, not sure whether ur death was our 2nd or 3rd. Turned out it was the 2nd, u died, then we captured, and we won!!!

dsister44 said:
21 currently :S might get on early so I can make some progress
Dont sweat it, we'll get it done.
Btw, i just ran into Soneet online a little earlier. The fucker was pretty solid with a lance.

I'm getting dinner, i'll b back online in 20 mins or so.

john tv

My Ludroth gear has overstayed its welcome. Almost pieced together a full Rathian set tonight to use in the interim until I get better stuff; just need a few wyvern claws and a Rathian plate (oh, and maybe one more spike).

Thanks to Remfin and Ridley for playing tonight!

windfish

Fistwell said:
Hey, dont worry about it, we all have stuff to do irl every so often! The fight was pretty cool indeed. You were about to die a horrible death, koz started shouting "FUCKING CAPTUREFAUSTISDYINGGODDAMIT!!!!", but the bastard wasnt limping. I went for the capture anyways, not sure whether ur death was our 2nd or 3rd. Turned out it was the 2nd, u died, then we captured, and we won!!!

Dont sweat it, we'll get it done.
Btw, i just ran into Soneet online a little earlier. The fucker was pretty solid with a lance.

I'm getting dinner, i'll b back online in 20 mins or so.

haha hope i can be a better support next time, its reallly fun to play with you guys! so many people online who act like they are gods and masters of the universe because they have a higher HR and armor, but then getting ass kicked in battle by a barioth and leave the city immediatly =D

Kyoufu

The way this game gates your progress in gear is a first for me. I don't think I've been stuck with green sharpness for so long in any MH game before.

selig

Banned
Haunted said:
Nah, think of it this way. These two gents offered you a good chance to get the rare reward by letting you tag along on a difficult quest. :p

That said I'm HR31 and not confident at all to beat that quest without a strong team backing me up. :lol Very tough.

Hey, hey, i WAS very grateful to be accompanied on this quest by such high level players :D But it wasnt nice to be rude afterwards.
But my Ludroth-armor really is too weak by now. Saving for the "Guß-Rüstung" now, and also the Rathalos-armor as my show off-armor, haha.

Remfin

john tv said:
My Ludroth gear has overstayed its welcome. Almost pieced together a full Rathian set tonight to use in the interim until I get better stuff; just need a few wyvern claws and a Rathian plate (oh, and maybe one more spike).

Thanks to Remfin and Ridley for playing tonight!
"[J]ust need" a plate. You should be a comedian :lol

Top Bottom