• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Hiltz

I've got another question.

The Rathian armor set comes with the demonic blessing skill which I'd like to get rid of. How would I got about doing that ?

Do I add in +10 points of Protection to activate the Divine Blessing (which is the opposite skill of Demonic Blessing) to fix this ?

Alex

You dont have to add 10, you just have to add 1. Skills activate at +/- 10 so if add one gem and you're sitting at -9 you will be ok.

Kyoufu

Hiltz said:
I've got another question.

The Rathian armor set comes with the demonic blessing skill which I'd like to get rid of. How would I got about doing that ?

Do I add in +10 points of Protection to activate the Divine Blessing (which is the opposite skill of Demonic Blessing) to fix this ?

If memory serves me correctly, only one or two protection gems will remove the demonic blessing. It only needs to be -9 or less.

edit: beaten

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
About those skills, does it do anything when it's not in the +10/+15/-10/whatever?

I mean, if i have +4 Sharpness, does it even change anything or do i NEED +10 for the skill to do something?

Kyoufu

Bisnic said:
About those skills, does it do anything when it's not in the +10/+15/-10/whatever?

I mean, if i have +4 Sharpness, does it even change anything or do i NEED +10 for the skill to do something?

You need +10.

PusherT

Hay Boney that was fun. We did "Blood Sport" just us 2 told you it not so bad, EZ actually. I forgive you for sending me flying:D :D :D

Dreavus

Looking for two more to do some event quests (and possibly a 3* urgent later on if people are up for it). I'm trying to redeem my terrible luck from two days ago.

Boney

Banned
evangd007 said:
Certain pieces don't show up until you get some random "critical material" that the piece is made with (I didn't get Gobul bracers until I got a Whisker). If memory serves, for Rathian Vambraces that's the plate.
I didn´t get a plate as of this morning and they still showed up, taunting me.

PusherT

Dreavus said:
Looking for two more to do some event quests (and possibly a 3* urgent later on if people are up for it). I'm trying to redeem my terrible luck from two days ago.
Sure whats ur tag? recruiting, Wisdom 1,Gate 40?

PusherT

Bisnic said:
Then, i need to get rid of my +Attack gems if +3 dont do shit. :lol
Yeah those arn't doing chit unless you have like -10 Attack and you add a +1 to counterbalence that negative effect

LaneDS

Does the online always suffer from sync issues? Everytime I've played online (in three days of owning the game) my friends will be swinging at the air, mining from nodes that I can't see, or carving up a corpse that is fifty feet away on my screen. Really takes you out of the experience and also makes combat sort of crappy online.

Any way to fix that? Not holding my breath, but figured I better ask anyway.

Kyoufu

LaneDS said:
Does the online always suffer from sync issues? Everytime I've played online (in three days of owning the game) my friends will be swinging at the air, mining from nodes that I can't see, or carving up a corpse that is fifty feet away on my screen. Really takes you out of the experience and also makes combat sort of crappy online.

Any way to fix that? Not holding my breath, but figured I better ask anyway.

Spawn locations for mining nodes and small monsters can be different for each client. Nothing you can do about it, thats just how the game works.

PusherT

Kyoufu said:
Spawn locations for mining nodes and small monsters are based on each client. Nothing you can do about it, thats just how the game works.
I've created a room if you are still interested

Dreavous just joined

LaneDS

Kyoufu said:
Spawn locations for mining nodes and small monsters can be different for each client. Nothing you can do about it, thats just how the game works.

Hm, that's unfortunate, but I suppose as long as the big monsters sync it's acceptable. Thanks.

Zakkath

Is it possible to play the game with wiimote/nunchuk or gamecube controller at all ? Or is it only the classic controller that can work ?

gotee12

Boney said:
I didn´t get a plate as of this morning and they still showed up, taunting me.
So you're seeing all the Rathian armor pieces and you don't have a plate yet? Hmmm....

Edit: I just got a Rathian Talon, which I hadn't had before, and now the Rathian Vambraces do show up. Now to get that plate...

Boney

Banned
gotee12 said:
So you're seeing all the Rathian armor pieces and you don't have a plate yet? Hmmm....

Edit: I just got a Rathian Talon, which I hadn't had before, and now the Rathian Vambraces do show up. Now to get that plate...
Don't burn yourselves on those plates. It's damn attrocious.

dsister44

hey selenae, how long are you on holiday for? cos I think the connection you have where you are at the moment is a bit rubbish. I could quest with other people fine but it wouldn't even let me warp to your city after a while :(

did some quests with some other people and i'm now hr 21, plus i got the lagiacrus horn i needed for my new sword, now im all tooled up for our 3* questing:)

we weren't as good as us PAL gaffers are tho, everytime I put something to sleep they just wake the fucker up straight away. Also on a rathian quest in flooded forest, we chased it to area 5 and some guy with a switch axe hit me with an uppercut, sending me flying up into the air and off the edge off the waterfall

If you can't get a game in til after your holiday then i'll grind up to hr 27 as quick as i can so that I can help you with your urgent so we can eventually be high rank :D

PusherT said:
Hay Boney that was fun. We did "Blood Sport" just us 2 told you it not so bad, EZ actually. I forgive you for sending me flying:D :D :D

Hey...I know you. You're the guy that kep blowing off three of us to do the event quest and after we helped you out with yours, you dropped link.

Hi there.

Poyunch

Man everyone's so ahead of me now. I took a bit of a break to play some offline and in order to get where I want to be I need to do some offline quests so that I can be able to do some online quests so that I might be able to do some offline quests in order to be better equipped for online. :lol

Damn I have way too many plans with weapons and armors. I guess I should try refocusing.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Yeah I am way way behind- still grinding away at level 7 and can't even unlock the 2** quests yet.

Boney

Banned
PusherT said:
I'll send you flying anytime I want!
But yeah that was fun. Joining in later tonight, my brother geting obsessed with the game too and that's fun to watch, since he doesn't really play a lot of games.

gotee12

Boney said:
Don't burn yourselves on those plates. It's damn attrocious.
That's the crazy thing about this game. I'd still hunt Great Jaggi's if there was anything worth gaining from them. I'm amazed at how fresh the game still feels. I normally tire of games after 5-10 hours of play. I've now hit 35 in MH3. (I know 35 hours ain't squat, but for me that's a lot of time for one game). This game is gonna put TES3: Morrowind to the test. I wound up with 175+ hours in that one. I can see this game hitting those levels for me...

Tenbatsu

Sammy Samusu said:
I've been hearing about some kind of glitch for Agnaktor fights, something about been able to get more itens, money or whatever... don't know for sure.

Can someone please shed some light? Tenbatsu, maybe. :D
No idea seriously:/

slaughterking said:
Is there any difference between the high rank armour I get through upgrading my low rank armour with +mats and the same high rank armour I just forge from scratch?
There will be difference in skills/slots/elemental defense. G armors are better for mixing as the skills points are more well distributed.

Alex

They should redo Kut Ku and put him in as an event quest or something. I miss him. :( Qurupecco is funny but he's just not Kut Ku.

Our little group is always bringing up the lack of kut ku. With the new monster count they can do, they could really do some funny stuff with that Mini Kut-Ku event quest.

Kad5

Is gobul or barroth armor better than quropeco armor? what about ludroth armor?

What is a good way for me to tell which armor is better than what?

Alex

Kad5 said:
Is gobul or barroth armor better than quropeco armor? what about ludroth armor?

What is a good way for me to tell which armor is better than what?

Pick up the Wii remote on the armor forging screen, go to the skills page, push B and point the cursor at the skills and find out what you like best.

Or even better look 'em up here:

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_Armors

And then check the skills on their skill page.

In the low ranks I went Alloy > Barroth > Gigganox > Hinata, personally.

JRPereira

Alex said:
They should redo Kut Ku and put him in as an event quest or something. I miss him. :( Qurupecco is funny but he's just not Kut Ku.

Our little group is always bringing up the lack of kut ku. With the new monster count they can do, they could really do some funny stuff with that Mini Kut-Ku event quest.

If they're going to put kut-ku in there, they need to add garuga - garuga was the kut-ku that could.

Alex

Garuga was a decent fighter though, and less funny. The point of Kut Ku isnt that hes a good monster, it's that he's a a lovable punching bag.

L00P

Is there any other area where you can fight Gigginox other than the tundra? I'm fed up of fighting him in the dark. He also won't drop any fearsome maw. I guess my lucky streak has ended :(

JRPereira

Yea, kut-ku was the comic relief for sure, but I loved how everyone's first garuga fight is like "oh, it's just another kut-kuooohhh shitttt!!!" -- and the music that plays for it is awesome

Alex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlLS8n9G0jc !!

It's initially just a more menacing looking Kut-Ku until everyone gets confident, rushes it and loses half their life bar to a poison attack.

I think it was the first event quest I did in Unite too, where they dump you in the middle of the jungle, that one was fun.

I actually started playing some Unite again while I play Tri, they really compliment each other in a way. I don't think it will ever get old to me, there's just so much freaking content in the combination of gen 1/2 and all of the events and expansions.

Still super curious to see just how much they take and retune in Freedom 3, they only really showed Tigrex and Gunlances in it's trailer though. I just want Bows back.. and Kut Ku!

JRPereira said:
Yea, kut-ku was the comic relief for sure, but I loved how everyone's first garuga fight is like "oh, it's just another kut-kuooohhh shitttt!!!" -- and the music that plays for it is awesome

+1

I miss the Yian Garuga.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
JRPereira said:
:lol

I agree.

They should just put all the Freedom Unite, Tri and Frontier monsters into Portable 3rd :(

Top Bottom