• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Remfin, John tv, Sprsk, sorry guys net crapped out and had to reset router. Can't join back since city is full.

Message me when a slot opens up.

Kyoufu

HOLY SHIT THE PEDDLER IS SELLING THUNDERBUGS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remfin

The trader is offering Honey for Sharpened Fangs. I loaded up on like 600 from the offline trader and went nuts :lol

john and sprsk, I comm error'd at the end there. Go ahead and replace me.

selig

Banned
Uh, douche-group. Seriously, you can die all you want, but dont take someone else´s potion! :|

Maybe Ill be able to play with some gaffers later, is more fun.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Are there any low level Gaffers willing to play this? I've got no one to play with, and it feels like I'm stuck with the one star online quests.

Archon

Brazil said:
Are there any low level Gaffers willing to play this? I've got no one to play with, and it feels like I'm stuck with the one star online quests.

I'll help out if you want Brazil. I'm only into the 2* quests and haven't been online in a week now. Look for me in the normal GAF zone: Recruting/Wisdom1/City40.

Online name: Amelie

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Archon said:
I'll help out if you want Brazil. I'm only into the 2* quests and haven't been online in a week now. Look for me in the normal GAF zone: Recruting/Wisdom1/City40.

Online name: Amelie
Ok. I'll show up there in a moment.

I was just going through the Hunter's Notes while farming for some Ancientshards (no success, btw) and regarding guests houses it says: "you can invite up to nine other hunters over to visit."

Eh, not anymore, Capcom. :'(

john tv

Phew, just about HR30 now, and got a full set of Uragaan gear thanks to doing that event quest over and over (also got 17 incomplete plans, lol).

Kyoufu, Remfin, sprsk, Alien Manobo, etc -- good games, as always! See you guys tomorrow.

Nimyh

Banned
Brazil said:
I'm still HR5 and usually play on the weekends only, though this week I should be on mon-tue as well so give me a pm if you need an extra blade.

Hiltz

Thunderbug sale now ? I need to go online soon then! Only have 4 of them left and 1 shock trap.

Forged the wyvern fire long sword. Can't wait to use it against Lagiacrus once I spot him in the Moga forecast. Took on another Barioth but this time I was forced to use two mega potions. However, I broke his wings, fangs and tail this time.

Rathalos did a number on me in moga woods. Kicked my ass 3 times until his capture with a pitfall trap. Although, I didn't use any might seeds/pills, demon drugs, armorskins or adament seeds as well as no max or ancient potions. Also didn't bring any dung bombs (not a wise decision).

I spent a little bit of time online yesterday. Heh, only at hunter rank 2 with level 1 quests hunt Great Jaggi, hunt Quropeco and kelbi horn gathering missions completed.

Oxx

I should probably pop my online cherry. I just need a bunch of Quro scales to complete the Quro armour, but I'm sick of grinding the capture quest and he never seems to show up in the Moga woods.

Boney

Banned
Oxx said:
I should probably pop my online cherry. I just need a bunch of Quro scales to complete the Quro armour, but I'm sick of grinding the capture quest and he never seems to show up in the Moga woods.
Do it man! It took me long enough to jump in, because I didn't know what the hell you guys were talking about. But you'll always get help from hunters around here, and it's so much better to hunt as a group.

Kyoufu

After 105 hours of gameplay I have finally broken free of green sharpness. Upgraded the Gobul lance into some blue goodness.

Boney

Banned
Kyoufu said:
After 105 hours of gameplay I have finally broken free of green sharpness. Upgraded the Gobul lance into some blue goodness.
You beat me to it! I got blue sharpness out of my Lagia WildFire in 110. Wow this game is too much!

PS: Come the GAF server you traitor!

mclem

Boney said:
In my experience, 4% have WiiSpeak. But I haven't heard anyone use it. Texy chat isthe way to go.

I have heard someone use it. Really, get a keyboard :)

Voice chat would still be more convenient. I'm wondering if there's a reasonable crossover between MH3-GAF and 360-GAF, so we could chat over Live while playing on the Wii. At least then it'd be audible.

Anyhow: I could do with some help tomorrow with my Lagi Urgent; anyone in EU-GAF willing to help out sometime? It requires HR14 to participate.

mclem said:
I have heard someone use it. Really, get a keyboard :)

Voice chat would still be more convenient. I'm wondering if there's a reasonable crossover between MH3-GAF and 360-GAF, so we could chat over Live while playing on the Wii. At least then it'd be audible.

Voice chat is great when you know the other person just like on every other system. Things just get awkward with strangers.

Eric WK

Just joined City 1. Character name is Brainy. Outside of five hours of learning the ropes last night, I don't have much experience, but I'd love to tag along if that's okay.

I'm also waiting for a friend to hop on who I coerced into buying a Wii + the game too, if there's still room when he gets on.

Leezard

Kyoufu said:
I managed to do it at 90 with Helios armor. I'm still quite some HR grinding away from getting it on a weapon by itself though. :lol

mclem

Kyoufu said:
Wii Speak's quality is really horrible.

Not sure how it past QA tbh.

Wii Speak *itself* is fine; people who've used it in other products (Wii Speak channel, Animal Crossing) say that it's clear enough to be usable. It's just this, for some reason, gives very poor audio through it.

Top Bottom