• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Nicktals

Banned
Just hopped online for the first time in a week. Would LOVE having some GAF help to get the Deviljho Event Quest GS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm in the usual recruiting -> wisdom 1 ->city gate 40 -> city 2.

botticus

Nicktals said:
Just hopped online for the first time in a week. Would LOVE having some GAF help to get the Deviljho Event Quest GS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm in the usual recruiting -> wisdom 1 ->city gate 40 -> city 2.
Sorry I couldn't oblige you there. I ended up only having time for a quick Quru+ run to get my last armor part anyway.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
2eyvzo5.png

I was bored last night.

Nicktals

Banned
botticus said:
Sorry I couldn't oblige you there. I ended up only having time for a quick Quru+ run to get my last armor part anyway.

Oh, no worries (although if he was high rank, he was high enough to take on the jhen quest...The requirement is only HR31, but it probably wouldn't have gone very well!). I ended up finding 3 other good players, and got enough tickets to make the sword in 2 tries. So thanks Hunter, Popcorn (or something about a candy with Pop in it), and someone else. Good hunts.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Good lord this game is pure crack. I need to step away from it for a bit to do some homework. :lol

My word it's quiet around here. Will there be anyone left to play with when I finish my E3 writing/Mario Galaxy 2 playing this week? I plan to be on this weekend for some extended Monster Hunting.

Poyunch

I'm always playing the game at the wrong time. Yesterday the only room was full and I think I played with some randoms. Today I get on and the server was empty. I did a quick Jaggi run and then I turned my Wii off. :(

Bento

Insaniac said:
I need to get back into this (too large an influx of new games recently)

I'm only a measy HR 9 :(
Same here, sucks that the offline and online mode aren't more properly integrated. Getting really far in the offline mode and defeating tough ass bosses only to then have to grind Ludroths in Flood Forests or whatnot for the sake of HR is not fun.
Really wish that all the quests I complete in offline would be unlocked in online mode : <

Nicktals

Banned
DragonGirl said:
My word it's quiet around here. Will there be anyone left to play with when I finish my E3 writing/Mario Galaxy 2 playing this week? I plan to be on this weekend for some extended Monster Hunting.

It's getting tougher...but if you give some advance notice i think you'll find plenty of people still up for some hunts. And of course if you're willing to try randoms, you'll have no problem still finding people (i think).

Well I'm still waiting for some high-rank arena challenges... You know, it's time to upgrade all my weapons and armors that require King Coins!

oracrest

Man, that fight with Deviljho in the arena with the Temple is beautiful!

Just, breathtaking :)

It's great that he's so big, you end up looking up most of the fight.

Would anyone be interested in video capturing some quests? I don't have the means, but would like to participate if someone else has the tech required.

Remfin

I'd be happy to give a try sometime, although I need to dig out all my equipment. It will be through composite cables though, so it won't be a nice progressive capture (but if my RB2/GHWT captures were a predictor, it's high enough quality for YouTube to convert it to 480p).

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Man, today is not my day. We made three attempts at Jho and only killed him once due to either a) lack of dung bombs or b) getting caught in his breath attack. I need my relics damn it. If anyone's going to be on later I wouldn't mind tagging along to do some runs.

oracrest said:
Would anyone be interested in video capturing some quests? I don't have the means, but would like to participate if someone else has the tech required.
Out of curiosity- what quests would you want to make videos of?

Okay, just found a video where you get to see me using a long sword. It's kind of bad and kind of not Tri, but it's a monster hunter video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPyJGmKyMyI (I'm the random hunter :p)

oracrest

Lance Bone Path said:
Out of curiosity- what quests would you want to make videos of?

Okay, just found a video where you get to see me using a long sword. It's kind of bad and kind of not Tri, but it's a monster hunter video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPyJGmKyMyI (I'm the random hunter :p)

None in particular, really. I think it would just be fun to do. Bring your A game, and show off a bit for the camera..

botticus

I'll be back on tonight for some more Ludroths until I get my last Crest+. And then I'll be playing any other 4* star stuff with my HR36 friend.

Before I spend a lot of money, I suppose I'll ask for feedback here. Wanted to take a shot at putting together an armor set for my lance. Slapping together some Ludroth, Steel, and Agnaktor pieces with a charm and decorations would give me Constitution +1, Guard, and Guard Up. Anything I should add/remove?

I'm about to head on. I'd like to try Joe event a little before it disappears. Other than that I'm after the usual Uragaan, Baggi, Barioth, Rathalos and whatever else.

Poyunch

DragonGirl said:
I'm about to head on. I'd like to try Joe event a little before it disappears. Other than that I'm after the usual Uragaan, Baggi, Barioth, Rathalos and whatever else.
I wanna come!

Jangaroo

botticus said:
I'll be back on tonight for some more Ludroths until I get my last Crest+. And then I'll be playing any other 4* star stuff with my HR36 friend.

Before I spend a lot of money, I suppose I'll ask for feedback here. Wanted to take a shot at putting together an armor set for my lance. Slapping together some Ludroth, Steel, and Agnaktor pieces with a charm and decorations would give me Constitution +1, Guard, and Guard Up. Anything I should add/remove?
That's actually pretty good skill wise. I've seen some good lancers add in Evasion+1/+2 though I don't really know if it's worth using since you'll be guarding 80% as a lancer.

botticus

Jangaroo said:
That's actually pretty good skill wise. I've seen some good lancers add in Evasion+1/+2 though I don't really know if it's worth using since you'll be guarding 80% as a lancer.
Yeah, I've noticed the same thing - I assume that helps when sidestepping and the like. But it looks like those will require Barioth+, which will take me a while. I'm planning to use low-rank Agnaktor Greaves for now that I'll just upgrade the hell out of.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Jangaroo said:

I went through most of the low level quests with Evasion +2. Made the lance more offensive, attack rate faster. You also feel badass dodging everything.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, page 9 :( I'm so not close to done with this game yet.

Going on now to try some HR35ish quests and maybe finish get an Alos plate.

tomegatherion77

Neo Member
Is it just me or are a lot of people slowing down after HR60 or so? Seems like most of the regulars I grouped with aren't playing much at all. This game needs more quests, its starting to get quite repetitive. Dont get me wrong this is probably the funnest Ive had all year so far, but im wanting more, than just Jo, and Ala fights, and randomly helping newer players.

Poyunch

tomegatherion77 said:
Is it just me or are a lot of people slowing down after HR60 or so? Seems like most of the regulars I grouped with aren't playing much at all. This game needs more quests, its starting to get quite repetitive. Dont get me wrong this is probably the funnest Ive had all year so far, but im wanting more, than just Jo, and Ala fights, and randomly helping newer players.
Yeah I'm already looking for a new game to play (probably SMG 2). I just need to complete my ala armor set (only being stopped by a stupid lagi sapphire) and I'll be done. I've given up on ever upgrading my Ala Switch Axe because I don't have the patience for 3 skypiercers and one Azure Dragongem. I might complete my Handicraft/Sharpnerss +1 set if I don't have too many Jho mats to farm (although I am going to hate farming for jho gems or whatever).

Jangaroo

tomegatherion77 said:
Yeah, I pretty much took a break from the game to work on some of my other DS backlogs. I already grinded out most of the mats I needed from Jho so it's just a matter of me making the money to finish my weapons and armor. I'm done with the game but I think I'll pop it in every now and then for the rest of the summer to help out newer players. I'm hoping TriG adds in more content. Not sure if I'm going to pick up Portable 3 since it's such a gigantic time-sink and I don't want to do things over again.

Poyunch

Jangaroo said:
Yeah, I pretty much took a break from the game to work on some of my other DS backlogs. I already grinded out most of the mats I needed from Jho so it's just a matter of me making the money to finish my weapons and armor. I'm done with the game but I think I'll pop it in every now and then for the rest of the summer to help out newer players. I'm hoping TriG adds in more content. Not sure if I'm going to pick up Portable 3 since it's such a gigantic time-sink and I don't want to do things over again.
Yeah this is something I wondered. If Tri G does happen on Wii would it be possible to transfer data? Is this something past G titles did?

Jangaroo

PounchEnvy said:
Yeah this is something I wondered. If Tri G does happen on Wii would it be possible to transfer data? Is this something past G titles did?
You were able to transfer your data from MHU2 to MHFU and keep pretty much everything with you including your mats, your weapons/armor and money so you didn't have to start all over again. That's my biggest problem with Portable 3. It's supposed to be a mixture of MHFU and MHTri and from the looks of it, it has way more content than MHTri, but I don't think I have the time or interest to start ALL over again. Capcom hasn't really made it clear if you could transfer things from MHFU to Portable 3 but it seems like they haven't decided yet.

Tenbatsu

PounchEnvy said:
Back then for MHG, you are able to use back MH data so you practically skip the whole non-G content altogether. I reckon it will be the same for MH3G.

The reasons I am still playing is that I don't hunt for the drops as they are just a bonus to me, but rather for the thrill, to brush up my skills and better team work.

Jangaroo

Tenbatsu said:
Back then for MHG, you are able to use back MH data so you practically skip the whole non-G content altogether. I reckon it will be the same for MH3G.

The reasons I am still playing is that I don't hunt for the drops as they are just a bonus to me, but rather for the thrill, to brush up my skills and better team work.
I'd do that too but since I play only with randoms it's a bit of a crapshoot as to whether or not I get a good group. I guess I could use the MHTri Online thread but I usually play when everyone else is in bed.

john tv

tomegatherion77 said:
Yeah, I'm done with Tri for now, but I absolutely LOVED what I played. 150+ hours and I don't regret a minute of it. Hoping MHF will keep us busy for a while until Tri G or just Portable 3 hits. Tri is lacking content and variety but everything else about it shits on the other games IMO. I hope everything they improved with Tri carries over to P3 and any future MH games.

tomegatherion77 said:
Is it just me or are a lot of people slowing down after HR60 or so?
Yeah I notice that as well even in myself. Like others have already said, it just dries up with content. I see this is a good and bad thing. Bad because I am more into MH3 than I was the PSP games (since I can actually play with others) and I still want the good times to roll. However it’s also good because I got bored of MHF2 & MHFU well before I got through all the content, meaning I never was able to obtain that legendary equipment I oogled over for so long. In other words, it’s nice that the “top” is obtainable for your average player.

My wife and I are still looking for a good group to do Altereon runs with. If anyone here is willing I think it would be cool to schedule some runs with you guys. The spontaneous “hey who’s up for an Alte run” method doesn’t seem very probable. Neither of us are gunners but we are going to be working on getting Morpheus Knifes and Status Up armors to help putting him to sleep. We need those Skypiercers!!!

tomegatherion77

Neo Member
john tv said:
Yeah, I'm done with Tri for now, but I absolutely LOVED what I played. 150+ hours and I don't regret a minute of it. Hoping MHF will keep us busy for a while until Tri G or just Portable 3 hits. Tri is lacking content and variety but everything else about it shits on the other games IMO. I hope everything they improved with Tri carries over to P3 and any future MH games.

My thoughts exactly..Thats why I picked up MHF also, its been pretty good so far, besides have to start over with crappy gear lol. Damn LS is soooo much slower than Tri also. I have to adjust. I think I may go back to GS, Im not having the same success I had with LS in Tri.

I also absolutely loved the PSP titles, and I cant wait for Portable 3, but yeah I have a really good feeling we will hear about TriG before the end of the year!

john tv

tomegatherion77 said:
My thoughts exactly..Thats why I picked up MHF also, its been pretty good so far, besides have to start over with crappy gear lol. Damn LS is soooo much slower than Tri also. I have to adjust. I think I may go back to GS, Im not having the same success I had with LS in Tri.

I also absolutely loved the PSP titles, and I cant wait for Portable 3, but yeah I have a really good feeling we will hear about TriG before the end of the year!
Yeah I'm enjoying the hammer in MHF but I do want to try something new, so I'm thinking about the gunlance. Shit is finally starting to get hard so I'm gonna have to start thinking about skills and upgrading and everything soon. I had a nice run with the free gear, but it seems like it's just about over now. :)

botticus

Just ran a Jhen repel with a couple other people, somehow came away with 2 bloods and a gem. Not sure what I will use them for since I just spent 2 bloods on my rust lance, but I'll think of something.

Played a bunch with Nick and Jason last night, finally got my Lantern+ on the last hunt of the night after accumulating 15 regular lanterns. Thanks guys!

Haunted

Deviljho is fantastic game design, what a great fight, full of entertainment, variety and options for the players.

Alatreon is so poorly conceived in comparison. Boo for him being the "final" boss, he's not fun to fight at all. :/

More design like Joe and less like Ala in the future, please!

botticus

Haunted said:
Deviljho is fantastic game design, what a great fight, full of entertainment, variety and options for the players.

Alatreon is so poorly conceived in comparison. Boo for him being the "final" boss, he's not fun to fight at all. :/

More design like Joe and less like Ala in the future, please!
I was kinda surprised to find that Ala was a regular monster fight. I had expected something more along the lines of Jhen and Ceadeus.

I think I need to still do some significant armor upgrades before I feel remotely confident around Joe.

Luigiv

botticus said:
I was kinda surprised to find that Ala was a regular monster fight. I had expected something more along the lines of Jhen and Ceadeus.
Well that's because Ala is a Fatalis replacement and Jhen is a Lao-Shan Lung replacement. To veterans of the series, Ceadeus was the real surprise. The previous single player only monsters were just weakened versions of other monsters.

Top Bottom