• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Grampasso

EatChildren said:
The game runs from a USB, yes. Just make sure you're using Hermes' IOS222 merged with (I think) 37.
Oh, I'm currently using the cIOS (don't remember which one) and USB Loader GX, but I suppose it gives some problems as I read from the other thread. Gotta check your suggestions, thanks

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sammy Samusu said:
Which is actually very sad because this ammo is incredible awesome, I always get 60 (max) before I go to solo quests!

BOWGUN > ALL OTHER SETS!

:D

And Bnahabara's set is so... so... <3

I don't think I'll change clothes for a looong time, lol.

Yeah I love pellets. I didn't think this game would have an option to satisfy my love of shotguns :lol It'll just be for soloing only I guess.

What is this Bhanahanabaha set?

Grampasso said:
Oh, I'm currently using the cIOS (don't remember which one) and USB Loader GX, but I suppose it gives some problems as I read from the other thread. Gotta check your suggestions, thanks

Either 223 or 222 will work as long as you're using one with a merged 37, I think.

Grampasso

Hawkian said:
Either 223 or 222 will work as long as you're using one with a merged 37, I think.
Mmmh... I don't know what "merged" means, will search for it in the GWHT, thx =)
EDIT: Ok checked, now I understand thanks =)

Can somebody break down bug catching for me? I want to put a Bone Set together and I need this bug that I have no idea how to catch (or where it is for that matter.)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Grampasso said:
Mmmh... I don't know what "merged" means, will search for it in the GWHT, thx =)

Just follow the homebrew wiki's instructions for installing Hermes' IOS222. There's a link right on the front page. That's all you need to do.

seipherzero

Neo Member
DeaconKnowledge said:
Can somebody break down bug catching for me? I want to put a Bone Set together and I need this bug that I have no idea how to catch (or where it is for that matter.)

You need to have a bug net with you. When you see butterflies/ light bugs/ etc flying around, a bug net prompt usually pops up, meaning you can catch bugs. If you're using the CCpro, just press 'A' to catch 'em.

Nimyh

Banned
john tv said:
Anyone else having server trouble? I can't warp to friends, I keep getting "Processing was not successful." errors.
I had error 11688 trying to play with a friend.. I read that a possible fix is turning on WiiConnect24, he did that and now can't go online with the game at all. =\

jrricky said:
Soo....how do i add people to my FL?

I too would like to know this. My search through the instruction manual turned up nothing and I haven't seen anything in game. What am I missing?

Edit: Question answered right before I posted, thanks.

Hawkian said:
Yeah I love pellets. I didn't think this game would have an option to satisfy my love of shotguns :lol It'll just be for soloing only I guess.

What is this Bhanahanabaha set?
I can testify to that because I 'killed' one of my friends, he was trying to run from Qurupeco and I just kept shoting like crazy, he couldn't move and... BAM! Qurupeco's claws explosion. :lol

Bnahabara Set is a very stylish brand of clothes, lol. No, really, since you are using Bowgun, just load yourself with Poison Ammos and shoot some wasps (Bnahabara), by doing so you'll be able to carve them and eventually forge their armor-set.

jrricky

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
Up to rare 7.

To add a friend send a mail to them and put friend request. Type in anything.
so 7 is the rarest?

Also, my heart started to pound when I first me Lagarius. :O Shot me with a paralysis thing taking away more than half my life... i panicked and ran out of the water...:lol

EDIT: Im still staticy, what is it doing to me?

Bison11

I am only on level 2 quests, but what is all this weapon set business? Like can I collect a certain number of Jaggi bones or something and make a weapon that can only be made from that stuff?

Is there a FAQ or something that shows me how to do this sort of thing

Also, Can I do a quest twice? Like go and kill the Great Jaggi again after I kill it?

bryehn

Grampasso said:

I haven't got it running at all after using the 4.2 safe updater and installing both cIOS rev19 and Hermes 222/223 using the merges suggested in the homebrew tutorial.

In fact, after all that I can't load ANYTHING using USB GX r929 and NeoGamma doesn't even read my USB at all ANd I tried installing the loader as a WAD and can't seem to install those either:/

Hopefully it's just a matter of reformatting my USB stick, but I think I'm screwed after tinkering with cIOS junk since it started.

I have a launch day Wii and I'm honestly not sure how much disc reading it'll handle at a time, especially if I have wi-fi on heating it up.

Bitmap Frogs said:
What's the playtime I can expect to squeeze out of this?

Or rather how much it'll take to access all the maps and take on 90% of the monsters?
If you're not familiar with MH gameplay, you're likely staring down triple-digit hours.

Gwanatu T

jrricky said:
so 7 is the rarest?

Also, my heart started to pound when I first me Lagarius. :O Shot me with a paralysis thing taking away more than half my life... i panicked and ran out of the water...:lol

EDIT: Im still staticy, what is it doing to me?

How long were you being shocked after waking up? I think attacks from those types of monsters can last up to 2 minutes, but I could be thinking of the wrong RPG :lol

Eteric Rice

Bison11 said:
I am only on level 2 quests, but what is all this weapon set business? Like can I collect a certain number of Jaggi bones or something and make a weapon that can only be made from that stuff?

Also, Can I do a quest twice? Like go and kill the Great Jaggi again after I kill it?

Don't know about your first question, but the second one.. Yes, you can go back and do it again. :D

If you want a real challenge, take on the online version of Jaggi by yourself. :D

I did it! <--- Is proud of it, took me forever to get her down though.

gotee12

Bison11 said:

Everything you just asked is Monster Hunter in a nutshell. It's a game where you kill it, skin it and then wear it. Quests have to be repeated multiple times to farm enough items from specific baddies to be able to craft/upgrade armor/weapons. When you go to the blacksmith, you can check the requirements for armor/weapons to see what you need. Generally you can tell what type of baddie the items will need to be carved from.

Eteric Rice

Quick question from me. The long, katana looking sword in the demo... Where can I get one? I've been using the mace so far, but I want to try something else.

I never got a chance to fire the game up last night, but I just found out I've got a 4-day weekend coming up (holiday Monday, off on Tuesday) so I'm gonna be slaughtering all kinds of weak noob fodder. Can't wait!

seipherzero

Neo Member
Bison11 said:

Yes. You gather monster parts and other resources to make weapons and armor. MH wiki has the mats listed to craft each weapon: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_Weapons

Bison11

Eteric Rice said:
Don't know about your first question, but the second one.. Yes, you can go back and do it again. :D

If you want a real challenge, take on the online version of Jaggi by yourself. :D

I did it! <--- Is proud of it, took me forever to get her down though.

Thanks.

When does that little companion become available to help you

Regarding Long Sword, "to unlock it go in single-player mode and do Rank 3 Urgent Mission."

For Slash Axe, there's one (bone?) right from the start, just go online and buy it. No Long Sword trick, fellas.

Gwanatu T

Lyphen said:
Fuck, I want those hammers! Amazing site!

GREAT site! I remember finding these things on GameFAQs with the previous games, but this one is particularly nice because it tells you everything about the weapon, including what it takes to make it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
nooo just found out my 5 year old niece and nephew are staying over for the weekend. severe drop in available playtime imminent :lol

Zozobra

I think I'm ready to take the plunge into my first MH, but I'm a little unclear on whether stuff from the single-player games carries over into the online portion and vice-versa. Can someone clear that up for me? Thanks.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Zozobra said:
I think I'm ready to take the plunge into my first MH, but I'm a little unclear on whether stuff from the single-player games carries over into the online portion and vice-versa. Can someone clear that up for me? Thanks.

Your character and equipment is identical and remains constant between the two.

ShinNL

Zozobra said:
Luigiv said:
Q:Can you play with the same character/equipments online and offline?
A: Hell yes.

Q: I think I briefly saw this mentioned earlier in the thread but, does progress in the single player campaign translate into online play?
A: Yes and No. Online and Offline mode have separate missions that you need to complete individually but loot and equipment do transfer.
More FAQs can be found in the 2nd post.

Gwanatu T

Zozobra said:
vcassano1 said:
Your character and equipment is identical and remains constant between the two.

Yep, you have a character that can play in either the "Village" (offline) or the "City" (online) and move between the two at any point in time.

Lonely1 said:
I was disapointed at first but this game is now growing at me. Are GAF groups running?
Yep i believe we have settled on Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40 There probably isnt anyone on right now but i expect tonight to have a good amount of people :D(myself included)

Saya

I need some help with the Who's the Boss quest. I can't seem to capture the
Great Jaggi! When exactly should I use the shock trap? I have caught him in the trap a couple of times but when I throw the tranq balls at him it doesn't seem to work? It is because I haven't wore him down enough?

BTW, I don't think I have mentioned how much I love this game. This is my first MH game and consider me a fan already. Love it.

Saya said:
Great Jaggi! When exactly should I use the shock trap? I have caught him in the trap a couple of times but when I throw the tranq balls at him it doesn't seem to work? It is because I haven't wore him down enough?

BTW, I don't think I have mentioned how much I love this game. This is my first MH game and consider me a fan already. Love it.
The way ive been doing it is to weaken the boss untill it limps away. Then follow it into the next area hit him a couple times just to make sure he is weak while you wait for hte perfect time to set the trap and tranq him.

DataBot

Saya said:

Hit him till he drags his leg, than its time to trap : shock or pitfall trap than throw tranq balls at him when hes in the trap.

Top Bottom