• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Vizion28

Banned
I put in about 5 hours into the game. I can see you would need at least 100 hours of play time to really cover every aspect of the game. It's addicting qualities doesn't make it feel like a task.

Anyways, how do you capture a monster? And how hardly anyone online use WiiSpeak?

Disguises

markatisu said:
I just pumped 9hrs into this game, not a smart thing to do before finals week :lol
I've done 15-20 hours this weekend and have a 15,000 word project as well as an edited video in for Thursday, neither of which are finished! *plays monster hunter*

tenchir

Completed my Ludroth Set and currently using Great Jawbone GS and Spiral Lance. Rathian is currently kicking my ass and I haven't touch online yet. You guys think it is time for me to go online or just finish off the rest of my quests?

wsippel

Banned
What's the single strongest attack in the game, as in: the best wake-up call for sleeping monsters (assuming weapons are on a comparable level)? I would assume that the Switch Axe overload is the strongest in general given the risk and time it takes, but the monster wakes up during the attack, so it's probably not the best attack to use on sleeping monsters if you're in a group?

I finally made my Lagia set!!

I thought I would try to top the whole thing off with some positive affinity since I found a +4 Expert charm. So I jeweled it all up and got Critical Eye +2!

I went out in Moga Forest to play around and to my surprise I didn't seem to be getting any critical hits. Did they happen to take out or change the visual cue when you get a critical? In the PSP games you would get this big red slash mark across the screen. I am also using a fire weapon so the explosion effect may be covering some kind of cue up.

Vizion28 said:
I put in about 5 hours into the game. I can see you would need at least 100 hours of play time to really cover every aspect of the game. It's addicting qualities doesn't make it feel like a task.

Anyways, how do you capture a monster? And how hardly anyone online use WiiSpeak?

Set trap, get monster in trap, throw tranq bombs to put it to sleep and your done.

You have to get the monster weak enough before you do all this to ensure a successful capture. To do that just damage it enough to the point it shows that its weak (e.g the monster is limping when trying to get away).

Vizion28

Banned
I was playing Monster Hunter Tri online and I think someone got banned for having a modified Wii. The chat log said "modified Wiis are banned, Capcom doesn't accept it... "or something like that.

I kind of suspected Nintendo would use Monster Hunter Tri online as a way to assess the prevalence of hacked Wiis and to ban hacked Wiis from online play to dissuade people from doing it. Kind of like what Microsoft did with Xbox Live.

Tenbatsu

Hawkian said:
Make sure you throw the tranq at his heeeeeeeeaaaad.
Just throw anywhere at it will do.

bigdaddygamebot said:
I love you.

I totally forgot about poison bombs.
Let me add something to this:
Bring the torch to attract them to you and bomb, lol

Hawkian said:
What is the deal with Psychoserum? Can you get it reliably?
If I am not wrong, its on sale offline when the sailor is on board.

ShinNL

NA people, can you beta test this for me?

I am online now! Send me a message in-game!

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

Click on website, click "View" on your name and click "I'm online" when you go online. Use the copy/paste code to post the image. The image refreshes every 2 minutes.

jrricky

Banned
I just checked the monster hunter wiki and my new objective is to make that Bnahabra Armor. Looks slick!

EDIT: ^^^I tested it, I'm not really online though... ;P

EDIT 2: Oh shit, it updates realtime! Thought it was a screencap. :O

Tenbatsu

Vizion28 said:
I was playing Monster Hunter Tri online and I think someone got banned for having a modified Wii. The chat log said "modified Wiis are banned, Capcom doesn't accept it... "or something like that.

I kind of suspected Nintendo would use Monster Hunter Tri online as a way to assess the prevalence of hacked Wiis and to ban hacked Wiis from online play to dissuade people from doing it. Kind of like what Microsoft did with Xbox Live.
Wonder if they will ban people playing thru homebrew channel? 0_0

wsippel said:
What's the single strongest attack in the game, as in: the best wake-up call for sleeping monsters (assuming weapons are on a comparable level)? I would assume that the Switch Axe overload is the strongest in general given the risk and time it takes, but the monster wakes up during the attack, so it's probably not the best attack to use on sleeping monsters if you're in a group?

In Freedom Unite the fully charged Great Sword Attack did some nice damage, but it was normally assisted with some skills such as attack up, adrenaline +2.

Plus a monster supposedly takes triple damage when its asleep, so that was added in as well.

Not sure about 3 with the new weapons and stuff.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Vizion28 said:

That message comes up every so often. It's automated. It doesn't mean anything.

wsippel

Banned
jrricky said:
I just checked the monster hunter wiki and my new objective is to make that Bnahabra Armor. Looks slick!
Looks great, great skills, terrible defense, looks like ass when combined with parts from other sets (as it's only a three part set). I still built one for the looks, though. Farming Altaroth jaws wasn't fun (you'll need two for the set, but you'll probably need at least seven in the long run, to craft decorations for the backpacking skill).

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Seraphis Cain said:
That message comes up every so often. It's automated. It doesn't mean anything.

I believe it's more about modified save games, not Wii's.

BTW Soneet good job on that thing you made (Though I totally wasn't online an hour ago I was in a train.)

ShinNL

sprsk said:
I believe it's more about modified save games, not Wii's.

BTW Soneet good job on that thing you made (Though I totally wasn't online an hour ago I was in a train.)
Yeah sorry about that, I used you as a guinea pig... >D

Teknoman

Soneet...

52az36.jpg

Wow.

Ridley327

Just wrapped up the Barroth and Gobul quests in single player. Barroth isn't too terribly bad (he has less health than I thought), but he forces you to move around a lot more because of how quickly he can close distances. Because of this, I had adopted the same tactic with Gobul for some strange reason and it ended up taking even longer to kill him than it did Barroth. :lol Gobul is a cinch, really; you just need to use guarding on him so you can set up attacks once he's done lunging.

I am so not looking forward to the Barroth/Great Jaggi mission.

botticus

Alright, my friend and I tried to tackle the event quest and it was useless (took 10 minutes to get the 10 monster guts, let alone anything else). Any one up for helping us out? I'm heading to the GAF server now.

gamelova

Seraphis Cain said:
Not trying to be rude. I'm legitimately curious.

Oh okay, sorry about that. I never got into Monster Hunter before, but this one seems different based on videos I've seen and reviews I've read. It looks fun.

Baker

Banned
There's some symbol floating at the top of my screen online and I can't figure it out. It's like a viking horn on a pedestal with 3 yellow lines coming off the top. What does it mean!?!?!

It's around where the wiispeak symbol shows up.

d0c_zaius

Baker said:
There's some symbol floating at the top of my screen online and I can't figure it out. It's like a viking horn on a pedestal with 3 yellow lines coming off the top. What does it mean!?!?!

It's around where the wiispeak symbol shows up.

its the symbol to go talk to the crafter cat dude in the city

Bison11

I need just a few more pieces for my Ludroth armor. I just upgraded my Switch-Axe. But I think I am going to upgrade some S+S too, just incase I want to switch it up. Or maybe the lance.

ShinNL

Luigiv said:
Oops, I accidentally logged Sean on in Soneet's thing, how do I undo it?
It's 5:38 here so I haven't put a lot of the stuff in yet, need some sleep now. The online ping system is open for everyone so you can't really undo it. The password request system will be in soon. Once a pass is set, that account can only be pinged online by the owner and you can set your favorite weapon, color and have a personal banner. This beta image is actually the personal banner, hence the empty left side. The general who-is-online banner has a bigger list.

Ridley327

jrricky said:
So Great Jaggi just tripped and now starts limping (poor thing). What do I do, keep attacking till its dead?

If it's not a capture mission and you don't have any trapping materials regardless, all you can do is put him out of his misery.

Luigiv

Soneet said:
It's 5:38 here so I haven't put a lot of the stuff in yet, need some sleep now. The online ping system is open for everyone so you can't really undo it. The password request system will be in soon. Once a pass is set, that account can only be pinged online by the owner and you can set your favorite weapon, color and have a personal banner. This beta image is actually the personal banner, hence the empty left side. The general who-is-online banner has a bigger list.
Sounds sweet :D. I look forward to seeing the final thing in action then.

Poyunch

So the thing will be updated with the right names right? Because the forum names aren't correct. Oh and I just want to add will my ID change if I change my online name? I didn't really want Francis as my online name. I just wanted that as my in-game name.

Tim-E

I haven't bought a Wii game in a loooong time due to my PC taking up the majority of the little gaming time I've had lately, but I think when I finish with finals next week, I'm going to pick this up. :D

Luigiv

Infinite Justice said:
Does anyone have any tips when using a Hammer or should i super pound ad infinitum :(
Your charge ability is capable of pulling off 5 different moves in total. You should be making use of all of them, you just need to learn when the best time is to use each.

My tip: Don't miss an opening waiting for your Hammer to reach a level 3 charge. Get in there with a Level 1 or 2 if you have to, then start charging again for the next window. Also don't forget that Level 1 and 2 charges can combo into the triple pound, which will ultimately do more damage then a super pound.

Tenbatsu

Soneet said:
NA people, can you beta test this for me?

Click on website, click "View" on your name and click "I'm online" when you go online. Use the copy/paste code to post the image. The image refreshes every 2 minutes.
Great job! Ok go get some rest now.

botticus

Thanks a lot to Drkirby and Insaniac for helping me get that event quest done with a minute to spare! My friend (Adam) and I will be back to hunt another day. I can't say I'm looking forward to actually fighting the Royal Ludroth after running from him numerous times now.

Regulus Tera said:
Where do I find the fucking crystal bones in SndyPlains? It's driving me nuts.
Make sure you're looking for ore deposits, and not bone piles. That killed me.

Top Bottom