• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

d0c_zaius

dunno if everyone knows this, but after I got to 5 star quests offline I can change the color of my armor to 3 other colors.

and we got room for 1 more HR9+

Baker

Banned
Thanks for games guys. It is a whole new world with people you half-know in "real life." The keyboard helped a lot too even though the character limit makes twitter look like Moby Dick.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just beat the Royal Ludroth. I've moved on from the Great Sword, and I'm using the Plume Flint hammer which is just pulverizing everything. :lol

I might try some random online quest tomorrow; I'm still too chicken shit to play online.

Baker

Banned
EvilMario said:
Just beat the Royal Ludroth. I've moved on from the Great Sword, and I'm using the Plume Flint hammer which is just pulverizing everything. :lol

I might try some random online quest tomorrow; I'm still too chicken shit to play online.
With four people all fighting one monster, I seriously wouldn't notice if one person sucked or whatever. :lol

Just find some people from the Online thread and all will be good.

ATTENTION:

When you go online, please please eat a meat + goldenfish brew before every quest when you unlock it so that your life is above a 100.

I like not failing. More Hp helps!

Thank you.

ScHlAuChi said:
Ive never played Monster Hunter before, how does it compare to something like Demons Souls?
MH is much lighter; not as unforgiving. It's very similar in the basic gameplay flow, though... go out, kill things, collect items (souls), use them to build up your equipment/character skills, then go out and do it again until you are ready to face the next big quest challenge (i.e. the next boss in DS).

If Demons Souls appeals to you, you'll have an absolute blast with MH. MH balances out with DS's high difficulty by forcing you to hunt/gather to farm items to combine/stockpile in order to use for upgrading... it's basically slow, steady growth... but the pacing is excellent.

I'm rambling now, but seriously, if you like Demons Souls, get Monster Hunter.

Luigiv said:
Your charge ability is capable of pulling off 5 different moves in total. You should be making use of all of them, you just need to learn when the best time is to use each.

My tip: Don't miss an opening waiting for your Hammer to reach a level 3 charge. Get in there with a Level 1 or 2 if you have to, then start charging again for the next window. Also don't forget that Level 1 and 2 charges can combo into the triple pound, which will ultimately do more damage then a super pound.

I guess Level 1 is just one tap of the R button and level 2 is charging and letting go before the flash?

tried fighting a gravios and i got owned, this is gonna take some getting used to....

benson827

Banned
Just got the game and tried the online with the Neogaf server. As expected from Neogaffers, no unbearable whining XBL kids on the server.

Overall, this is one heck of an online game. Really impressed

d0c_zaius said:
dunno if everyone knows this, but after I got to 5 star quests offline I can change the color of my armor to 3 other colors.

GGs as always! Almost to HR17 for the 3 star quests!

Soooo finally the game came in and I updated my Wii so it'd play without issue. Still pissed about the lack of longsword from the beginning. But I've taken this opportunity to actually attempt to properly learn the greatsword. Fun fun fun.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Okay guys got distracted with Sin and Punishment 2 but I'm gonna try this again. Great Jaggi is going DOWN TONIGHT.

FAKE EDIT: What the fuck now they want me to capture one ALIVE? THE HELL

Regulus Tera said:
Okay guys got distracted with Sin and Punishment 2 but I'm gonna try this again. Great Jaggi is going DOWN TONIGHT.

FAKE EDIT: What the fuck now they want me to capture one ALIVE? THE HELL

Wait till he's limping bad -> trap -> ??? -> profit

Gino

Had a great time tonight playing with gaf folks. We beat all level one monstersand now I'm hr6.

Thanks for the games guys. Glad I didn't bone up any of the capture missions like I did yestarday.

Still can't seem to break jaggi's king frill. Just took one down solo with the hMmer but no good agian. Gonna have ludroth armor before I complete the jaggi set at this point.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tenbatsu said:
(for psychoserum)
If I am not wrong, its on sale offline when the sailor is on board.

Can anybody confirm this? It'd be a big load off my hunter's mind.

Tenbatsu said:
Wonder if they will ban people playing thru homebrew channel? 0_0

I'll be sure to let you know :lol

d0c_zaius said:
its the symbol to go talk to the crafter cat dude in the city

Oh. woops.

Funky Functionality said:
I'm rambling now, but seriously, if you like Demons Souls, get Monster Hunter.

Yes, seconded. I wish you could capture the bosses in Demon's Souls :x

Poyunch

Gobul is giving way too much trouble after experiencing R. Ludroth underwater and dealing with the difficulty of the Barroth. I think I may have to switch back to SnS for this battle since it's being way too annoying for me.

Insaniac

Gino said:
Had a great time tonight playing with gaf folks. We beat all level one monstersand now I'm hr6.

Thanks for the games guys. Glad I didn't bone up any of the capture missions like I did yestarday.

Still can't seem to break jaggi's king frill. Just took one down solo with the hMmer but no good agian. Gonna have ludroth armor before I complete the jaggi set at this point.

i was lucky i got the kings frill right off the first time we beat him online, so I have the whole jaggi set, its nice, i put some attack bonus decorations and I have attack boost (M)

Luigiv

Infinite Justice said:
I guess Level 1 is just one tap of the R button and level 2 is charging and letting go before the flash?
Yep pretty much.

tried fighting a gravios and i got owned, this is gonna take some getting used to....
Oh, you're playing MHFU? In that case, the part about being able to combo from a charge into a triple pound isn't correct, as that's a new feature for Tri. The same strategy still applies though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Those pages about the quests both online and off are awesome because they list the rewards you get from each, so you can farm quests to get something you need.

Wired

God damn, finally managed to kill the stupid Barroth, and wouldn't you know it he falls exactly on the edge on the map so it's impossible for me to carve him... How very annoying.

Reknoc

Oh my, went to the door when the doorbell rang expecting Silent Hill from Zavvi and I'm greeted with a massive box. With a big cardboard chest, with a big instruction manual in languages I can't read, some game I guess and my sexy black CCpro (which feels amazing despite not being a fan of its analog stick placement.

Edit: Damn this figure stinks, and I mean that literally. It smells horrible.

Luigiv said:
Yep pretty much.

Oh, you're playing MHFU? In that case, the part about being able to combo from a charge into a triple pound isn't correct, as that's a new feature for Tri. The same strategy still applies though.

Makes sense cuz i was trying this for a while with no success. :lol

Wow normally with a long sword i'm quick enough to do a hit and run (sometimes a small combo) but the hammer attacks come off slower so i'm fucked (especially with the faster monsters like Blangonga :( )

This is gonna take some time getting used to.....

All in preparation for Tri.

Gino

Well the game really clicked for me in the last couple days. I gotta say that playing online with others is way more fun than the single player. I will still do some resource finding offline but I can't Imagen killing some of these big monsters alone after seeing how fun it is with others.

I'm defiantly going to be playing this game for a while.

dsister44

Gino said:
Well the game really clicked for me in the last couple days. I gotta say that playing online with others is way more fun than the single player. I will still do some resource finding offline but I can't Imagen killing some of these big monsters alone after seeing how fun it is with others.

I'm defiantly going to be playing this game for a while.

online is definitely a blast to play but the rush you get from soloing a huge monster is amazing

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Soneet, that app is amazing!

Aewsome work!

If I could made one suggestion, either changing the background image to something darker/dimmer, or changing the color of the green font, would make the lines about time online much more legible.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I see there's some GAF'ers playing right now. Anyone here go by the name Dia in-game? 'Cause I see you're on the GAF server, and I've played with you quite a bit and didn't even know you were from GAF! :lol

forrest

formerly nacire
Hawkian said:
Soneet, that app is amazing!

Aewsome work!

If I could made one suggestion, either changing the background image to something darker/dimmer, or changing the color of the green font, would make the lines about time online much more legible.

Yeah making the background image darker would definitely make the timestamps more legible.

Teknoman

d0c_zaius said:

Actual armor, or the underwear?

^ Actual armor. For the Ludroth armor, it'll change the color of the whole thing. But on some other armors like the Barroth and the Lagia one, only the accents change color.

Baker

Banned
Londa said:
how do I get new outfits for my Poogie? Is there anything special that comes from being nice to your Poogie?
A bunch of outfits are available in the Rare Trade section with the ship captain.

Tenbatsu said:
Armor color changing in MH3 is a joke for 90% of them.
I'm pretty sure I'm still sporting the huge Ludroth waist/skirt so it the color change completely affected over 50% of my armor. But yeah, I didn't notice anything on my upper half.

sammy

Maaaannn, they really outdid themselves with the volcano area. beautiful!

I can't stop thinking of MHTri @_@ it has delivered, I'm hooked all over again and the new Rathian is so much fun to fight

hylje

My copy from amazon finally arrived. Controller weights a bit light after PS3/X360 but after quick test I have nothing to complain about it. Can't wait to get online but it'll wait till I have gotten my broken wlan router replaced.

I just hope I don't get too deep into this.

Top Bottom