• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Teknoman

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Are there any good mounts for the ir receiver for the wiimote when using it with an hdtv? My fix is getting annoying. :/

No room to sit it on the stand that comes with it in front of the TV?

Also we have room for a 4th now. City 3.

Skorp

Neo Member
So many great stories, my best was fighting Lagiacrus in the F. Forest and being stunned. The beast readies and fires his ball of thunder at me only to hit a Ludroth that clumsily swims between us.

Captured it out of desperation, after failing the quest 3 times, out of potions, at half health. Hoping, really hoping, it was weak enough.

Boney

Banned
Had to make an honorable retreat after cutting Lagiacrus' tail :lol. Now I have enough for my new sword!

EDIT: Ok, so this sword is awesome. It throws lightning! Next stop, full Lagiacrus set. I hate this game.

Poyunch

Lonely1 said:
Thanks for the games guys. But i now completed all 1 star quests? What do i need to do to get acces to rank 2 quests?
Thanks for helping me out on that one quest (I'm Francis). To get rank 2 quests you have to be level 9 and complete the urgent quest. You won't be able to reach level 9 until you complete the urgent quest.

Pancho

Qurupancho
PounchEnvy said:
Thanks for helping me out on that one quest (I'm Francis). To get rank 2 quests you have to be level 9 and complete the urgent quest. You won't be able to reach level 9 until you complete the urgent quest.

So YOUR'RE Francis :D, sorry if I was overly chatty.

Teknoman

Got two more spots open, City 3. Hoping to cap a R. Ludroth since I need to move along to 2 stars.

Nayishiki said:
Thanks for the games, guys. It was fun.

Yeah that pecco wasn't leaving the cave alive :lol

ashism

Teknoman said:
Got two more spots open, City 3. Hoping to cap a R. Ludroth since I need to move along to 2 stars.

Yeah that pecco wasn't leaving the cave alive :lol
Wee, this is fun. I love this game!

jrricky

Banned
So the capture the great jaggi quest has been kicking my ass since yesterday. I end up hurting it, but something always happens to ruin it for me. First, I hurt it, it runs so I run after it to the next section and die. Second, since I like finishing subquests, I ended up trying to do them while fighing it and die. Third, I hurt it, threw the trap and missed (i didnt know how to use) and it kills me in the next section....AAAAARRRGGHHHHH!!! I'll try again tomorrow.

P.S. I hate that dodging doesnt give invincibility...other games spoil me with that, so I rarely use block when my instincts says to dodge when its charging at me or tailwhipping.... :/

Teknoman

DragonGirl said:
Ahh, revenge is sweet, bagged two R. Ludroths. Still need a quality sponge though.

We ended up going after another for Kloud after you left. A new challenger appeared too :lol Didnt know Rathian dropping in was random.

Also City3 is still up, had to go though.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Nice, picked mine up by trading in some old ps3/xbox games at Jb Hifi. Got the free Wii Speak too (which i'll probably never use.. but still)

selig

Banned
btw

i got the logitech wii-wireless keboard yesterday, costs about 10 Euro. so awesome. works perfectly fine. when you´re online, you simply start writing, click enter, and the text appears in the text box. also, it works perfectly fine with a pc as well, great, cheap wireless-keyboard. guess i´ll buy another one, so i have one for my pc exclusively.

makes communicating sooo much more easier. really, every mh3-player should buy that.

Tenbatsu

jrricky said:
P.S. I hate that dodging doesnt give invincibility...other games spoil me with that, so I rarely use block when my instincts says to dodge when its charging at me or tailwhipping.... :/
Dodging give 0.2sec invincibility.

sfried

Lovin' my Wii Keyboard. Love the fact that typing immediately starts inputing the message. Made that Crystal Bone hunt a success (not enough pick-axes forced us to coordinate with those who had. Lucky for me mine was Golden).

Also using it to reply in GAF is nice.

Insaniac

so do Cooking bonuses stack with other things? For example:

I got a +10 defense boost from eating some stuff, then Cha-Cha did a dance which boosted it another +10. If I use an adamant seed will it boost it again?

Likewise for +attack from eating, might seed and armor skill...

Hiltz

While I still have yet to get a King's Frill, I am happy to have slayed the Barroth in the lvl 3 quest with Royal Ludroth sword and shield (that water effect sure came in handy) on my second try. He actually wasn't that tough at all. Quite frankly, all of his attacks were easy to dodge (performing the side step is very important). His mud splash is really the only thing you've got to watch out for. Although, his head ram does a lot of damage if it connects but its typically very easy to dodge. I'm not sure how, but it seems like my shield automatically blocked his tail swipes while I was attacking one of his back legs from the side. The thing is, I don't remember pressing the R button to block.

I got screwed once when trying to use a wetstone while the Barroth turned around and ran at me and used the adobe effect. Then a rhenoplos ran and hit me from the side. After dodging Barroth's tail swipe, I was in the process of using a mega potion when Barroth hit me with its head ram move and finished me off.

Tomorrow will be the day I capture a Royal Ludroth! Just waiting for the farm to harvest some extra sap plants.

On another note, has anyone watched the pre-rendered cut-scenes in the Gallery mode ? The "Quropeco Life" short clip was pretty entertaining.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Insaniac said:
so do Cooking bonuses stack with other things? For example:

I got a +10 defense boost from eating some stuff, then Cha-Cha did a dance which boosted it another +10. If I use an adamant seed will it boost it again?

Likewise for +attack from eating, might seed and armor skill...
Afaik, yes it all adds up! Just try checking your basic defense/attack stats and watch as they go up after each meal/dance/seed/drug.

I don't think you can keep knocking back the seeds to boost it though, natch.

Maaan, Gobul is a monstrocity. I hate underwater creatures like him! An angler fish crossed with a blowfish... just so creepy and grim. Took him down on my second try last night though :D

Edit: Yeah Hiltz, those 'Life' scenes are so cool. As if the game didn't have enough character and charm already, they go and make bonuses like that just to show exactly "who" we're going after. Incredible stuff, just like a nature show!

Vizion28

Banned
Finally got to use Wii Speak and his voice came out pretty clear - no problems. It was kind of odd for me to hear someone speak from TV.

I still have trouble adding people as a Friend by sending them a message. What's the easiest way to do it?

Alex

Infinite Justice said:
Not even over Kut Ku? damn

Oh yes, Kut Ku is always easy to overpower but we have the new Rathian down to crazy mastery-type runs due to all of the plate attempts. :lol 8 minute runs with two people in shit gear

dsister44

Alex said:
Oh yes, Kut Ku is always easy to overpower but we have the new Rathian down to crazy mastery-type runs due to all of the plate attempts. :lol 8 minute runs with two people in shit gear

any advice for rathian runs would be much appreciated. It's the only quest I have left to do before i can get the 2* urgent

Luigiv

Picked up my pre-order earlier today. Put in an hour or two so far, not particularly enjoying the compulsory tutorial. Oh well should be done with it soon. Just about to do the fishing part.

Oddly enough though, when I picked up the game from the store I got a free WiiSpeak, apparently as an unspecified pre-order bonus or something. Would have been so cool if I didn't just buy a WiiSpeak 2 weeks ago :/ . Oh well I'll just sell it for the same price I bought the other (30AUD, normally they're 50AUD and yes it's still a complete rip-off).

Syril

dsister44 said:
any advice for rathian runs would be much appreciated. It's the only quest I have left to do before i can get the 2* urgent

If the starts to take two steps back on the ground, get out of the way, because she's about to do her poison tail flip move that does ridiculous damage. Also, don't stand directly in front of her when she hovers, because she can do that in the air too. In fact, it's best not to spend too much time directly in front of her at all if you can help it.

Gwanatu T

Boney said:
Had to make an honorable retreat after cutting Lagiacrus' tail :lol. Now I have enough for my new sword!

EDIT: Ok, so this sword is awesome. It throws lightning! Next stop, full Lagiacrus set. I hate this game.

Hahaha. YOU WANT SOME CRACK?

I'm at Barroth now, sheesh this game is so awesome.

Tenbatsu

Kyoufu said:
Does the classic controller allow attacks to be performed via the right stick? Please say yes.
Right stick to attack is awesome. But I am using wiichuk for NA version, yeah time to move on.

selig

Banned
Cant you meet the Gobul until you do certain previous quests? Otherwise, how can I find one? In offline-mode, Im at having to beat a Royal Ludroth, but I´d really like the Gobul sns for that fight :|

selig said:
Cant you meet the Gobul until you do certain previous quests? Otherwise, how can I find one? In offline-mode, Im at having to beat a Royal Ludroth, but I´d really like the Gobul sns for that fight :|
You will meet the Gobul not until you beat the corresponding Royal Ludroth and Barroth quest.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Does anyone use Lances? Thinking about a change of pace from my hammer, but the lance seems horribly slow/weak.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Lyphen said:
Does anyone use Lances? Thinking about a change of pace from my hammer, but the lance seems horribly slow/weak.

I use lances on a conditional basis. That is, against things like Barroth and Diablos. They're really quite powerful once you learn to use them. I know a lot of people say they're the best weapon in the game, and in the right hands I'm sure they are.

botticus

Hiltz said:
I'm not sure how, but it seems like my shield automatically blocked his tail swipes while I was attacking one of his back legs from the side. The thing is, I don't remember pressing the R button to block.
Do you have the first charm you received equipped? That can autoblock some attacks.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Lyphen said:

I use lances exclusively, they are the best weapon in the game!

selig

Banned
slaughterking said:
You will meet the Gobul not until you beat the corresponding Royal Ludroth and Barroth quest.

Ugh.

Then another question: Is it normal that my sword loses its sharpness after 1, maximum 2 combos?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Guess I'll give it a shot! If it does help against Barroth, then it'll be worth it instantly. Hate that bastard.

DataBot

The Spirit Mode with Long Sword is awesome you can cut through every monster part with it without being repelled.

After playing yesterday with LS users killing Uragaan and Diablos, I have to say its my favorite weapon its incredibly strong and nothing can stop 4 LS users.

botticus

selig said:
Ugh.

Then another question: Is it normal that my sword loses its sharpness after 1, maximum 2 combos?
That probably just means your current weapon only has a sliver of sharpness at its highest level. I get that with my Commander's Dagger - it has a few hits worth at green, then it's down to yellow.

DataBot

botticus said:
That probably just means your current weapon only has a sliver of sharpness at its highest level. I get that with my Commander's Dagger - it has a few hits worth at green, then it's down to yellow.

I hated that with my first 2 LS Ananta Boneblade and Thunderclap doing a few attacks than sharpening again pretty annoying .
I have now the LS Wyvern Blade need only 2 - 3 sharpening at a whole fight with Diablos or 1-2 with Barroth.

If you are a LS user aim for Wyvern Blade.

Leezard

How is the control scheme with Remote + Nunchuk? Does it involve a lot of waggle? The classic controller pro bundle is hard to come by in my town. I might order it though.

botticus

Leezard said:
How is the control scheme with Remote + Nunchuk? Does it involve a lot of waggle? The classic controller pro bundle is hard to come by in my town. I might order it though.
You tilt the remote in combination with A for some attacks, and you can optionally flick the remote to attack or flick the nunchuk (which I prefer) to carve/gather/etc. I think that's the extent of the motion control.

Top Bottom