• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

PusherT

Oxx said:
I've messed-up the capture the Great Jaggi quest three times now.

I suck.
U can aways assign the perception skill. Then paintball him and when the mark starts flashing u know.

Oxx

DeaconKnowledge said:
What weapon are you using? It's pretty straight forward as long as you know the signs.

S&S.

First time I got the trap down and hit it with a few tranq bombs, but it didn't work and I was out of supplies so I just killed it.

The second time I completely missed the visual cues and deserved to fail.

Third time I got the trap down and must have hit it with at least 6 or 7 tranq bombs and it didn't capture. And then I got killed.

Is their a hierarchy of tells? I've seen limping, panting, and drooling.

Reknoc

Oxx said:
S&S.

First time I got the trap down and hit it with a few tranq bombs, but it didn't work and I was out of supplies so I just killed it.

Third time I got the trap down and must have hit it with at least 6 or 7 tranq bombs and it didn't capture. And then I got killed.

It's when they limp off you want to trap and tranq them, if they're drooling it means they're hungry and you can get them with trap meat if you want.

evangd007

Oxx said:
S&S.

Panting = Rage
Drooling = Hungry (susceptible to drugged/poisoned meat)
Limping = Trappable

Bring an extra trap in case the first one doesn't work (Pitfall Trap = Net (Spider Web + Ivy) + Trap Tool (buyable)). If he doesn't get capped after 2 tranq bombs stop throwing; he's not weak enough. Beat on him and save the bombs for the second attempt.

Oxx

Thanks.

Is there a way to mess-up throwing the tranq bombs? Do I just wait until it's in the trap and just throw them as fast as possible, or do you wait in between bombs?

Oxx said:
Thanks.

Is there a way to mess-up throwing the tranq bombs? Do I just wait until it's in the trap and just throw them as fast as possible, or do you wait in between bombs?
Throw them in his face. Just be sure to do it before your he breaks your trap.

Reknoc

Oxx said:
Thanks.

Fast as possible. Doesn't matter where.

Hiltz

I've killed two Gigginox so far but have only obtained severall hides and 1 pale extract from carving em.

Do you get any better items by either capturing it or breaking its face/cutting off its tail ?

Oxx said:
Thanks.

Also, make sure you're actually hitting your intended target. I can't tell you how many times I'd toss a tranq only to have a little jaggi or some freaking bug get in the way.

blackflag

I'm tired of playing online with randoms. I've successfully helped on the Barroth Urgent 4 or 5 times but never completed it when the quest was available to me. So now the last 3 times I've attempted it, some scrub gets all 3 faints.

It isn't hard to just stay away from him when he's in rage mode. Fight isn't hard. arghh!!!! rage.

dsister44

Hiltz said:
I've killed two Gigginox so far but have only obtained severall hides and 1 pale extract from carving em.

Do you get any better items by either capturing it or breaking its face/cutting off its tail ?

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_Monster_Carves_&_Rewards#Gigginox

wiki is your amazing and new found best friend. The reason you only have hides and extract is that they are the most common carves. stuff like unnerving talon are rarer

Teknoman

So the new event has no HR requirement? Wow...+supplies too, but I wonder how hard the fight is. :lol didnt look into the monsters in MH3 aside from the demo, so looking forward to what a Jhen Moren looks like.

JRPereira

PusherT said:
God damn Deviljho keep appearing. Eviljoe is soooooo strong tries fighting him he went into rage mode and his muscles stated popping out he was pissed. It will be my mission to hunt and kill eviljoe I want his armor soo bad:D :D :D . Got my Lacerator blade too and now working on Mutilator blade next.

Deviljho is my current monster crush - I sooooo can't wait to rank up high enough to fight it. I want to fight an online ver solo and win.

mclem

nacire said:
Well I've beat every 1* quest online now and there is still no Urgent quest unlocked and the 2* quest tier is still locked. What gives? I'm HR6, is there a HR cap for the different tier quests?

You can't access all 1* quests at all times; the roster changes periodically (daily, in the game-day sense of the term, maybe?). Probably the one you need to do isn't available right now.

Owzers

died again to diablos, someone died once and i died twice. The monsters are getting back at me for all the great jaggis i killed.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I hate whoever created the Heat Exhaustion quest. HATE. Damn teleporting Uragaan appears in every zone I try to run to, making me drop the damn Powderstone, which is slowly draining my health, and making my walk at a snails pace. Worse still, I had no clue what the hell a Uragaan was, so I ended up fainting trying to get him down, due to a lack of potions and Cold Drinks! Argh!!!

I haven't thrown my controller since '98, trying to beat WizPig in Diddy Kong racing. This quest... it drove me mad.

Dreavus

Lyphen said:
I hate whoever created the Heat Exhaustion quest. HATE. Damn teleporting Uragaan appears in every zone I try to run to, making me drop the damn Powderstone, which is slowly draining my health, and making my walk at a snails pace. Worse still, I had no clue what the hell a Uragaan was, so I ended up fainting trying to get him down, due to a lack of potions and Cold Drinks! Argh!!!

I haven't thrown my controller since '98, trying to beat WizPig in Diddy Kong racing. This quest... it drove me mad.

Try throwing on a hunters set, or buy one if you don't have it, for the auto tracker. Then you can see where he's moving around at all times. You can deck it out with transporter decorations as well to make your life a lot easier. I think I failed that quest THREE times before I started abusing armor skills.

john tv

Server is always the same -- Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40

Captured a Gobul and a Barroth, then lost to Lagiacrus in the final phase of the fight. :(

Thanks for fighting, whoever showed up tonight. :)

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
This saleeeeee, I love it. I bought 106 thunder bugs, tonsssss of everything else. I feel like I wont need any of these bothersome hard to come by items for a long time.

Except spider webs. Why cant they sell spider webs :\

Nicktals

Banned
FootNinja said:
This saleeeeee, I love it. I bought 106 thunder bugs, tonsssss of everything else. I feel like I wont need any of these bothersome hard to come by items for a long time.

Except spider webs. Why cant they sell spider webs :\

In Moga woods, area 3, the bugs flying right by the entrance to the cave (area 4) always give me spider webs. So I just make sure to hit that up if I'm ever in the area and not getting my face bitten off, or when farming honey.

Nicktals

Banned
okay, now I have a dumb question: How do I make cha-cha do stuff? Like I have a bunny mask that says it's supposed to point out large creatures, but doesn't. What gives?

demonkaze

Nicktals said:
okay, now I have a dumb question: How do I make cha-cha do stuff? Like I have a bunny mask that says it's supposed to point out large creatures, but doesn't. What gives?

I've only had him use that ability once with the bunny mask, don't know if the mastery affects how much he does it or not.

Nicktals said:
Go to your menu. There should be a button to send a signal on the map. Press that.

Remfin

sprsk said:
I just need some thunder bugs. Hopefully there's a sandstorm next weekend so we can get some rare goods at the jamaican guy's shop.
The offline trader stocks thunderbugs and he has like literally nothing else worth buying (trading) for.

gotee12

Nicktals said:
I use this mask a lot. First off, it won't show any monsters on the map until 15 seconds or so in. After that, using the mask (minus button then the plus button), will show any monsters currently on the map. The operative word is currently. If a monster isn't set to appear for a minute or so, none will be found via the mask. Then once the mask has successfully found a monster, it will not locate it again for around 30 seconds or so (I haven't timed it, but it does seem like about 30 seconds between successful uses).

This is one of the more useful items I've acquired thus far. When I'm decked out in leather for the gathering skills, I much prefer not accidentally coming upon a Royal Ludroth in Moga Forest...

Getting online for a few quests, EU - recruiting - wisdom 378, etc etc
(Still) looking at doing 3* stuff. See all of you 0 european players reading this online in a few never!

JRPereira

InsaneZero said:
Go to your menu. There should be a button to send a signal on the map. Press that.

Ugh, I wish I figured that out earlier. I first got him to do his special mask action with the bbq spit, and then the ancient mask.

Niblet

Man why didn't they make a Gigginox armor? It would have looked so rad :lol

Having a blast online. Currently on 2* online quest and I am feeling like the weakest link when Im on a team. I use Lances and Hammers, but my skills are still rough. I have a hard time hitting head with hammers and my lance mobility needs work. I don't tell my team but I feel like I'm not pulling my own weight. Rocking Peco armor and wondering if I should work towards Gobul armor (love Chun-Li motif) or go for stronger stuff instead. I don't tell my team but I feel like I'm not pulling my own weight.

Ex. Team fought Rathian yesterday. I was totally unprepared for her. She is a tough cookie. I had hammer with 2 SnS teammates. We downed her eventually but I feel like I wasn't very effective in that fight. Mostly stuck to super pounds and roll away. Ugh I need to "level up"

dsister44

Fistwell said:
Getting online for a few quests, EU - recruiting - wisdom 378, etc etc
(Still) looking at doing 3* stuff. See all of you 0 european players reading this online in a few never!

I am reading! i just cant get online. should be back by friday

blackflag

Niblet said:

Having a blast online. Currently on 2* online quest and I am feeling like the weakest link when Im on a team. I use Lances and Hammers, but my skills are still rough. I have a hard time hitting head with hammers and my lance mobility needs work. I don't tell my team but I feel like I'm not pulling my own weight. Rocking Peco armor and wondering if I should work towards Gobul armor (love Chun-Li motif) or go for stronger stuff instead. I don't tell my team but I feel like I'm not pulling my own weight.

Ex. Team fought Rathian yesterday. I was totally unprepared for her. She is a tough cookie. I had hammer with 2 SnS teammates. We downed her eventually but I feel like I wasn't very effective in that fight. Mostly stuck to super pounds and roll away. Ugh I need to "level up"

There is Giggi armor.

You'll learn the fights fast. At least you got good experience fighting them with people that knew what they were doing.

Just captured my first Great Jaggi!!! Took me several tries but i did it. Sometimes it's hard to figure out just when to try for the capture. Sometimes its obvious he's weak because he limps, but sometimes it's harder to tell. I tried doing it once when he was drooling but it didnt work. guess he wasnt weak enough.

its extremely satisfying to get the catch tho. :D

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Niblet said:

I thought there was? did monster hunter wikia lie to me? :(

200px-Giginebura-Blademaster.png

Top Bottom