• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this game. And I love having the ability to transfer my save between using an HD machine with pretty graphics & online or taking advantage of the portability aspect of the 3DS.

That is all.

Don't say things like this... I almost bought a WiiU this morning just because I want play this game on TV and keep the 3DS for commuting... I... Must... Resist...

Fuck Royal Ludroth and fuck Aqua Sacs man. I've downed him 10 times now and all I have to answer for is 1 aqua sac???

Those things take ages to kill with dual blades.

Forkball

What the fuck.

So I did all the tour quests by submitting tickets, and I get to my first real hunt called "Playing with Fire." I get destroyed by him three separate times, I have no idea if he was even close to dying. He was invincible most of the time and he does this damn clap move that takes off so much health. Does his health regen every time I die? How do I actually kill this thing? THIS IS THE FIRST ENEMY IN THE GAME.

ultron87

What the fuck.

So I did all the tour quests by submitting tickets, and I get to my first real hunt called "Playing with Fire." I get destroyed by him three separate times, I have no idea if he was even close to dying. He was invincible most of the time and he does this damn clap move that takes off so much health. Does his health regen every time I die? How do I actually kill this thing? THIS IS THE FIRST ENEMY IN THE GAME.

Did you not fight Great Jaggi?

Try to figure out the tells when he is going to do his clap explosion attack and learn to dodge it ahead of time.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What the fuck.

Wait, what? How is the first real hunt you're going on against Qurupeco? Didn't you take out a Great Jaggi?

Also when he does the three hop fire attack he first claps his wings together as a tell, when you see that roll out of the way and keep rolling

Also attacking him from the side is probably ineffective with the weapons you have right now

Hoodbury

What the fuck.

Sounds like you are in the Tanzia port? Go to Moga Village and play there first.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What the fuck.

Don't do the tavern stuff yet. Go do the guild quests NOT in Solo/Multi tavern. Qurupeco isn't a newbie friendly fight.

What the fuck.

Why are you playing in Tanzia Port, which is intended for multiplayer? Go back to Moga Village.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";51935292]Which is like the #1 reason to have a guide anyway.[/QUOTE]

Nah, seeing how to get items, monster drops, equipment etc. are all as important to me as a structured tree for the weapons. Even the weapon part of the guide is useful in figuring out what you need for it and which can be bought and which can only be upgraded.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Fuck Royal Ludroth and fuck Aqua Sacs man. I've downed him 10 times now and all I have to answer for is 1 aqua sac???

Aqua Sacs are only a 10% chance to carve, but a 25% reward for capturing. Trying capping him instead.

depths20XX

It would be cool if the game would actually tell you where to get what drops. I mean yeah you learn over time and from wikis but it just seems cumbersome looking at what you need to upgrade then having to go to your PC to look it up.

Napophis

It would be cool if the game would actually tell you where to get what drops. I mean yeah you learn over time and from wikis but it just seems cumbersome looking at what you need to upgrade then having to go to your PC to look it up.

Wii U browser is pretty awesome for this imo, just a click away and you can be on the wiki looking things up.

Also i'm seriously thinking about getting a Wii U Pro Controller, the Gamepad's charge is a fucking joke when playing this game...

Mupod

What the fuck.

First off the harvest tour quests are just there so you can easily go to an area and gather resources.

Are you starting off by doing the quests from the port? I wouldn't advise that since everything there has higher HP and is tuned for two people. The village stuff should've had you fight Great Jaggi and Arzuros before Qurupeco, both are easier.

His hp does not regen when you die, only when he limps off and goes to sleep. I think that monster in particular can heal himself slightly when he does his little song and dance but that's it. Your problem was simply that you weren't doing enough damage.

He's not invincible at any time, you're just fighting him with terrible starter weapons. He gets a lot easier once you're not bouncing off. You DO still inflict damage when bouncing by the way, it just stuns you and ruins your weapon sharpness, and monsters generally don't take much damage on their 'hard' parts like that. Next time I would recommend using the hammer and spamming its charge pound attack until you get a weapon with green sharpness.

But really, welcome to monster hunter. Don't spam mindlessly or stay in his attack range longer than you need to, and you won't get blown up by his flints. For future fights with that bird I'd advise buying or forging some armor better than the starting leather, which has negative fire resistance and crap defense. But for now just go back to the village and forget about him until you've got at least Great Jaggi figured out.

Emitan

What the fuck.

He's not the first enemy in the game. You're doing a mutliplayer quest alone! Do quests in Moga Village first.

Capture it, not kill it.

I don't think I've ever had a Royal Ludroth battle take more than ten minutes with Dual Swords. He's pure demonizing fuel, since most of his attacks are based on his front so I have complete freedom in hacking away from behind or on the side.

Mondriaan

Wii U browser is pretty awesome for this imo, just a click away and you can be on the wiki looking things up.

Also i'm seriously thinking about getting a Wii U Pro Controller, the Gamepad's charge is a fucking joke when playing this game...
It might be okay if you could have the browser up while playing the game, but it's the game or the browser, pick one. Also, Wii U app load times.

It makes more sense to have a laptop or tablet near by.

Hoodbury

That peco post got me to wondering something since this isn't the first time we've seen people go to the port first by accident. How are they doing that? You always boot up the game in the moga village so how and why are brand new people who haven't even done 1 quest yet somehow getting to the port area?

Just something that made me curious.

That peco post got me to wondering something since this isn't the first time we've seen people go to the port first by accident. How are they doing that? You always boot up the game in the moga village so how and why are brand new people who haven't even done 1 quest yet somehow getting to the port area?

Because you're given access to the Port and its quests before you even open up the quests in Moga village. And naturally, getting to the meat of the game is better than doing the boring tutorial quests in Moga before its guild quests even open up.

Mugaaz

I assume it's because when the game starts, there is nothing you can do at the guild counter, you go left and the cat asks you fi you want to do quests. Takes you to port, and now you see all these quests you can do.

Mondriaan

You have to talk to a bunch of random people in order to get to the first village "quest".

You get to the other place by talking to some random cat where you end up in a place where you don't jump through hurdles in order to sign up for a quest, but the quests are designed for a party of players that have gotten through the aforementioned random junk. Couple this with micro/ugly text that people would rather skip than read and stir.

Prade

There have been guides posted that suggest people go to the port, but only for gathering. Maybe people just wind up playing thru it.

Aqua Sacs are only a 10% chance to carve, but a 25% reward for capturing. Trying capping him instead.

Capture it, not kill it.

I don't think I've ever had a Royal Ludroth battle take more than ten minutes with Dual Swords. He's pure demonizing fuel, since most of his attacks are based on his front so I have complete freedom in hacking away from behind or on the side.

Ok. Trying that next. Thanks for the tips.

10 mins? Man, I must suck so bad or my dual hatchets just aren't doing their job well enough.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Where can I find Carbalite ore? I am having no luck.

Carbalite Ore
Moga Woods (Night) Area 1 - Mining (Spawn A: 12%, Spawn B: 15%)
Moga Woods (Night) Area 4 - Mining 4 (Spawn A: 2%)
Moga Woods (Night) Area 4 - Mining 5 (Spawn A: 2%)
Moga Woods (Night) Area 4 - Mining 6 (Spawn A: 2%, Spawn B: 2%)
Moga Woods (Night) Area 4 - Mining 7 (Spawn A: 2%, Spawn B: 2%)
Moga Woods (Night) Area 4 - Mining 8 (Spawn A: 2%, Spawn B: 2%)
Moga Woods (Night) Area 4 - Mining 9 (Spawn A: 2%, Spawn B: 2%)
Moga Woods (Night) Area 7 - Mining (Spawn A: 12%, Spawn B: 12%)
Moga Woods (Night) Area 8 - Mining (Spawn A: 2%)
Moga Woods (Night) Area 10 - Mining 1 (Fixed: 15%)
Moga Woods (Night) Area 12 - Mining (Fixed: 12%)
Deserted Island (High Rank) Area 1 - Mining 1 (Fixed: 12%)
Deserted Island (High Rank) Area 1 - Mining 2 (Spawn A: 17%, Spawn B: 15%)
Deserted Island (High Rank) Area 4 - Mining 1 (Spawn A: 17%, Spawn B: 15%)
Deserted Island (High Rank) Area 4 - Mining 2 (Spawn B: 15%)
Deserted Island (High Rank) Area 4 - Mining 3 (Spawn A: 17%, Spawn B: 15%)
Deserted Island (High Rank) Area 4 - Mining 4 (Spawn A: 17%, Spawn B: 15%)
Deserted Island (High Rank) Area 4 - Mining 5 (Spawn A: 17%, Spawn B: 15%)
Deserted Island (High Rank) Area 4 - Mining 6 (Spawn A: 17%, Spawn B: 15%)
Deserted Island (High Rank) Area 6 - Mining (Fixed: 12%)
Deserted Island (High Rank) Area 7 - Mining 2 (Spawn A: 17%, Spawn B: 15%)
Deserted Island (High Rank) Area 12 - Mining (Fixed: 15%)
Deserted Island (G Rank) Area 1 - Mining 1 (Fixed: 23%)
Deserted Island (G Rank) Area 1 - Mining 2 (Spawn A: 18%)
Deserted Island (G Rank) Area 4 - Mining 1 (Spawn A: 18%)
Deserted Island (G Rank) Area 4 - Mining 2 (Spawn A: 25%)
Deserted Island (G Rank) Area 4 - Mining 3 (Spawn A: 18%)
Deserted Island (G Rank) Area 4 - Mining 4 (Spawn A: 18%)
Deserted Island (G Rank) Area 4 - Mining 5 (Spawn A: 18%)
Deserted Island (G Rank) Area 4 - Mining 6 (Spawn A: 18%)
Deserted Island (G Rank) Area 6 - Mining (Fixed: 23%)
Deserted Island (G Rank) Area 7 - Mining 1 (Fixed: 18%)
Deserted Island (G Rank) Area 7 - Mining 2 (Spawn A: 27%)
Deserted Island (G Rank) Area 8 - Mining (Spawn A: 19%, Spawn B: 25%)
Deserted Island (G Rank) Area 10 - Mining 2 (Spawn A: 19%, Spawn B: 25%)
Deserted Island (G Rank) Area 12 - Mining (Fixed: 22%)

...yeah this goes on for a while and I'm not typing it all up. :p Hope this helps at least.

It seems to show up in Sandy Plains (Low Rank), in everywhere else it seems to be High Rank or G Rank. It's also in Free Hunt as you can see above, but only at night it seems (which is basically High Rank.)

Edit- I was wrong, Carbalite Ore is High/G-rank only.

What the fuck.

Did you leave the village?
Go back, and basically go far right; this will take you to the woods and start tutorial quests.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Meggido Blaze is a GS - 1008 / 600 fire, which upgrades into The Depotheosis - 1056 / 720 fire

Hmm that isn't showing up in the guide for some reason.
KuGsj.gif

Ah it's "Megiddo Blaze." How confusing.

Edit- Depotheosis looks HOT as hell. Wow. Mmm...

blackflag

What the fuck.

LOL laughing with you not at you. The beginning of the game doesn't explain things very well. I can imagine trying to kill Querepeco at that point has you frustrated enough to about throw your controller.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Help! Monster Bone L, where?

Monster Bone L
Hunting Fleet - Distant Isle (Set B: 5%) x2
Hunting Fleet - No Man's Land (10%) x2

Edit- This doesn't seem right. I think you can get it from various other places... hmm...

Fewr

LOL laughing with you not at you. The beginning of the game doesn't explain things very well. I can imagine trying to kill Querepeco at that point has you frustrated enough to about throw your controller.
The same happened to me too. I had a bit of experience killing the rabbit in the demo, so I was doing alright until a huge dragon was summoned. At first I thought it was a scripted scene and it would help me.... Then I realised its true intentions. This has been the most epic fight so far for me.

EDIT: <3 Andrex.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Peco has taken Barroth's place as the newbie killer.

That was the case for me, since I played the demo for Tri over and over until I beat him before I let myself buy the final game. Took a ton of tries but I did. :)

I beat Barroth on my first try and was surprised to learn of his noob killer reputation. Honestly, R Ludroth gave me far more trouble.

Beats

Monster Bone L
Hunting Fleet - Distant Isle (Set B: 5%) x2
Hunting Fleet - No Man's Land (10%) x2

Edit- This doesn't seem right. I think you can get it from various other places... hmm...

Don't you just get them from quest rewards after hunting a large monster? I remember getting some off Barroth and Rathian.

Ridley327

I did some Azure Rathalos farming today with some randoms.

I got a total of six Rath Rubies and six Rath Medullas.

What in the everloving fuck did I do to get this luck?!

Fewr

That was the case for me, since I played the demo for Tri over and over until I beat him before I let myself buy the final game. Took a ton of tries but I did. :)

I beat Barroth on my first try and was surprised to learn of his noob killer reputation. Honestly, R Ludroth gave me far more trouble.
Same here, Peco was alright even though I was trying a new weapon and it didn't have green level. Royal Ludroth was much more intense. From then onwards it's all been easy to ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom