• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys, I still can't understand these skills and what they do!

Like if Auto-Guard shows up, but is greyed out, or a skill shows this:

Attack Up S
Attack Up M
Attack Up L
Attack Down L
Attack Down M
Attack Down S

...I don't get this!

DaBoss

Sorry guys, I still can't understand these skills and what they do!

Like if Auto-Guard shows up, but is greyed out, or a skill shows this:

Attack Up S
Attack Up M
Attack Up L
Attack Down L
Attack Down M
Attack Down S

...I don't get this!

Auto-Guard is a skill that allows you to automatically block attacks if you have a weapon that allows you to block (i.e. Lance, Gun Lance, Great Sword, Sword & Shield, and etc.)

Attack Up increases your attack power. Attack Down decreases your attack power. The letters beside them are basically the amount it increases/decreases by.
S = Small
M = Medium
L = Large

Auto-Guard is a skill that allows you to automatically block attacks if you have a weapon that allows you to block (i.e. Lance, Gun Lance, Great Sword, Sword & Shield, and etc.)

Attack Up increases your attack power. Attack Down decreases your attack power. The letters beside them are basically the amount it increases/decreases by.
S = Small
M = Medium
L = Large

Ah, so Auto-Guard is greyed out because I use Dual Blades and can't block!

I get the other part, but why does it show both? I'm guessing that the number shows how many skill points you need to get that boost? Like if I have +10 and it says 10, I get the small boost?

Does it increase with the points, or only at those set boudaries for the small medium and large?

bitoriginal

I can't stop mining gaf. Help me. I want to play online, and fight monsters, but I can't help myself. Everytime I choose to do a new quest, my mind says no, and instead I do an endless loop of the volcano harvest tour. It's the possibility of finding a rust shard or a new charm, it feels so good.

I can't stop mining gaf. Help me. I want to play online, and fight monsters, but I can't help myself. Everytime I choose to do a new quest, my mind says no, and instead I do an endless loop of the volcano harvest tour. It's the possibility of finding a rust shard or a new charm, it feels so good.
:lol

That sound when you mine a rustchard is the best.

What's the best way to get Armor Sphere+'s for someone who hasn't done any real quests other than Level 1-3 of Moga? The only place I've found them so far was doing the Harvest Tour in the Tundra.

Kouriozan

I really need to farm a set but don't know what I should get.
I'm at that Jhen quest solo (and failed it because he destroyed the ship).
Any hint about what I should farm?

Haunted

I get the other part, but why does it show both? I'm guessing that the number shows how many skill points you need to get that boost? Like if I have +10 and it says 10, I get the small boost?

Does it increase with the points, or only at those set boudaries for the small medium and large?
Exactly.

It only activates at 10 (or -10) and increases at 15, 20, etc.

If you have a skill at +9, you get nothing.

Mupod

Oh boy it's Ivory Lagiacrus time.

I was happy to hear about a land-based Lagi but then I looked at his damage zones and my hammer became sad.

He can't possibly be worse than Agnaktor anyways. Jesus christ, Glacial Nak spent the entire fight just burrowing around in ragemode.

Also when I was fighting Black Diablos, Volvidon walked into the area a few times. Every one of those times he took one look at Diablos, turned around and got the fuck out of there. A wise choice, my friend.

Ken

The number is how many points it takes to reach that skill. You must have 10 points, 15 points, or 20 points for each level of skill. If you have 14 points you have attack up S still, but 15 gives you M (or whatever numbers it is).

DaBoss

Yup, you got it right.

What do you mean by it shows both? Yea, if you have +10 you get a small boost in attack. If you have -10 then you get a small decrease in attack.

Yea, there is a set boundary. Large is as high as you can go. You can get to large by increasing the skill points to 20 using jewels (decorations) made by the smith. You can also use charms which you can equip through managing equipment.

Fewr

What's the best way to get Armor Sphere+'s for someone who hasn't done any real quests other than Level 1-3 of Moga? The only place I've found them so far was doing the Harvest Tour in the Tundra.
Most likely what you mention. I didn't get them as drops from big monsters until the second part of the 4 star quests.

ramyeon

You can get loads from the Tundra. Considering you only need 2 for each armour piece you should be able to get enough. I would get like 4 or 5 in one run sometimes. They start dropping as rewards later on.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Any light bowgun recs for G rank? Im using the Barioth one and it seems pretty good, I definitely like no deviation and fast reloading because in the G rank quests things take much longer to kill

Exactly.

It only activates at 10 (or -10) and increases at 15, 20, etc.

If you have a skill at +9, you get nothing.

The number is how many points it takes to reach that skill. You must have 10 points, 15 points, or 20 points for each level of skill. If you have 14 points you have attack up S still, but 15 gives you M (or whatever numbers it is).

Yup, you got it right.

What do you mean by it shows both? Yea, if you have +10 you get a small boost in attack. If you have -10 then you get a small decrease in attack.

Yea, there is a set boundary. Large is as high as you can go. You can get to large by increasing the skill points to 20 using jewels (decorations) made by the smith. You can also use charms which you can equip through managing equipment.

Alright, sweet! Thanks guys!

Anyways, I'm feeling the sense of progression now, lol. Took down a Great Jaggi in moments. For resource points. Didn't even have to so much as glance at my potions. Thanks for convincing me to buy this, guys!

I really wish there were ways to upgrade your weapons a bit without having to wait until you encounter a certain large monster.

I mean, it's obvious why they do it that way, but hitting a roadblock with upgrading a weapon and seeing that you have none of the materials to upgrade it next is a terrible feeling, hahaha.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Hi team gaf, about to hunt a lagiacrus to increase my Hr rank to 2.

Anyone keen?

Beginners 01, Lobby 3, Hr1-2 GAF

Target: Lagiacrus.

No password.

DaBoss

So what's everyone's luck on Brachydios Gem? That's all I need to finish that Brachydios set.

EDIT: DAMN, 1-2% in High Rank. Gonna try it twice, if I don't get it, I'm gonna go after Ivory Lagiacrus.

I've had an odd turn of events today where high rank Nibelsnarf made a mockery of me and took me to my limit before eventually keeling over as I barely hung on with my last life with no health items left and near death to boot, then soon after I faced high rank Aknaktor and Nargacuga with much more ease which just seems wrong.
I will never underestimate that merciless maw mouthed machine again as i'm pretty sure me being reckless and expecting an easy ride is what truly led to my downfall there.

Ken

So what's everyone's luck on Brachydios Gem? That's all I need to finish that Brachydios set.

EDIT: DAMN, 1-2% in High Rank. Gonna try it twice, if I don't get it, I'm gonna go after Ivory Lagiacrus.

Bad on high rank. Pretty good at G rank. Have 5 sitting in storage. 0 Pallums though.

Got like 6 of them. So easy to obtain even Cha-Cha gets them for me :p

BrachGem.png

But seriously, MH3U is the luckiest I've been in terms of rare drops in the entire series.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I managed to pick up a Gem my first time fighting him on my Urgent. Bwohoho..

demonkaze

Hmm, do I get the Dios Lance or the Gunlance. Lance is my primary weapon followed by Gunlance however I can make the Gunlance now whereas I need a tail for the lance and it does seem like the Gunlance is better.

Decisions Decisions.

Hmm, do I get the Dios Lance or the Gunlance. Lance is my primary weapon followed by Gunlance however I can make the Gunlance now whereas I need a tail for the lance and it does seem like the Gunlance is better.

Decisions Decisions.

I keep reading around how the Dios GL is OP, especially once fully upgraded.

L Thammy

Does anyone know how to dodge Gigginox's poison body slam if you can't dodge backwards?

Also, is there a full Hunting Horn movelist somewhere? It's a little tricky getting the right move at the right time.

Proven

Does anyone know how to dodge Gigginox's poison body slam if you can't dodge backwards?

Also, is there a full Hunting Horn movelist somewhere? It's a little tricky getting the right move at the right time.

Neutral X+A can be used as a backstep if timed right. I saw someone use it on a Brachy and it opened my eyes to Hunting Horn craziness.

Your other option is to not use an attack or attack from an angle where Gigginox can punish you for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom