• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleTap

You get a new Cha-Cha right after the next urgent after killing Lagi. You get the old one after doing a quest in the next set. Honestly, I'd wait on the Cpa Lagi quest until you have at least one Chaka back.
Ah, so I don't need to do the 5 star quests in order?

yami4ct

Ah, so I don't need to do the 5 star quests in order?

Nope.You just need to complete a certain "Key" quest. One's you need are marked key here http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Village_Quests.

For the next Urgent, the quest you need to do if you don't cap Lagi is the "Heat Exhaustion" quest. After that and the urgent, you can do any new quest to get the other Cha-Cha back. I did "Walk 'N' Roll because Volvidon is crazy easy, especially if you've got a water weapon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"I can keep my arm in this pose for hours on end!"

Just means she can use that arm well for other things.
AMzq9lr.gif

Busaiku

What's a good set for Long Sword/Dual Sword?
I've been using the Wroggi set since I had access to it.
Not really too happy with any of the other sets so far, but then again, I miss the skills when cycling through each individual piece.

I just got access to HR 2 and the 5 Star village quests, so I guess based on stuff from that.

DoubleTap

Nope.You just need to complete a certain "Key" quest. One's you need are marked key here http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Village_Quests.

For the next Urgent, the quest you need to do if you don't cap Lagi is the "Heat Exhaustion" quest. After that and the urgent, you can do any new quest to get the other Cha-Cha back. I did "Walk 'N' Roll because Volvidon is crazy easy, especially if you've got a water weapon.

Thank you!

yami4ct

What's a good set for Long Sword/Dual Sword?
I've been using the Wroggi set since I had access to it.
Not really too happy with any of the other sets so far, but then again, I miss the skills when cycling through each individual piece.

I just got access to HR 2 and the 5 Star village quests, so I guess based on stuff from that.

I honestly been running with upgraded Jaggi and Attack gems and have had almost nothing give me trouble. I switched to Baroth for Lagi to get some thunder resistance, but other than that haven't really needed to move. Attack Up (M) is great on a long sword set.

Birathen

Just means she can use that arm well for other things.
AMzq9lr.gif

Backrubs?

I spent two days killing stupid Rathian for a plate and I'm not even sure he drops it in the one star quest. I guess he does since I somehow got one earlier but I have learned to hate him now. :(

ramyeon

So I finished all the 5 star quests and repaired the ancient mask, does anyone know how to open the Caedeus quest from here? Is there something more I need to do?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The Vulcanis GS makes such an awesome sound swinging it around. Looks pretty badass too. Not bad for one you can just buy.

It also has latent Slime power too, so I guess I should aim for Awakening as a skill?

yami4ct

Wtf? This was easy as shit. Easier than the first time I fought a Great Jaggi even.

I wanted to kill it :(

You will soon. The first Lagi urgent is simply getting used to fighting him and learning his powers. He's much weaker and you don't have to kill him. The next urgent is the real fight. I found it to be super awesome.

Unicorn

In Village quests? Right after the 5-star urgent "Save the Shakalaka II" Quest. It opens up with a crap ton of other large monster quests.
Tavern? Just hit HR3. Tried high rank Gobul and I timed out. Need to update my bow :(

Need more poison sacs to make lore poison smoke bombs to try and kill the ore wasps, but no good quests for that in High Rank now.

Loving the butterfly bow

Wtf? This was easy as shit. Easier than the first time I fought a Great Jaggi even.

I wanted to kill it :(

Yeah. It's deceiving as hell. I chopped off his tail so easy and then he ran off and disappeared and the quest ended. When you fight him again and actually have to kill him it's much harder, it's still not hard mind you, but it wasn't as easy as that other quest. Heh.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Target Cam has made underwater fighting actually viable for me as a GS user. No more wasting time trying to discern the monster's vertical level.

burgerdog

Our goal is to keep this thread (these threads) going until MH4 is out.

I'll buy MH4 just to support it now that I'm a fan of the series, but I probably won't spend much time with it. I'd rather start playing when they are done expanding the game, just like with 3U. Another thing is the time investment, there's no way I want to do this all over again anytime soon, so a 2-3 year break after I'm done with 3U seems perfect.

Zornica

Banned
Backrubs?

I spent two days killing stupid Rathian for a plate and I'm not even sure he drops it in the one star quest. I guess he does since I somehow got one earlier but I have learned to hate him now. :(

You should try to capture HER. This should give you better and more rare drops.

just encountered jho again. I almost forgot about the horrors he gave me back in tri.

capcom should make a spinoff horror game with jho :p He's allready more scary than the entire resident evil franchise

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Our goal is to keep this thread (these threads) going until MH4 is out.

Do we have a better idea when that might be now? Been on a MonHan haiatus for ages and MH4 may well be what brings me back...

Also just wanted to say: godlike thread title!

65 hours in the game, finally graduated to high rank, and some gaffers and I prompty got stomped. Also realizing that compulsive collecting sets was totally useless for high rank hurts my feelings. Oh well. I got a bunch of decent weapons among most classes and I got a highly upgraded Rathalos set. I'm ready to go.

You will soon. The first Lagi urgent is simply getting used to fighting him and learning his powers. He's much weaker and you don't have to kill him. The next urgent is the real fight. I found it to be super awesome.

I'm not sure what I learned, it was like fighting a stupid version of a Royal Ludroth. I thought I had to chase it into the water for the second stage of the battle when it escaped but kept going and going and eventually swam off the edge of zone 10 lol

Yeah. It's deceiving as hell. I chopped off his tail so easy and then he ran off and disappeared and the quest ended. When you fight him again and actually have to kill him it's much harder, it's still not hard mind you, but it wasn't as easy as that other quest. Heh.

I look forward to kicking its ass and making fashionable garments out of its hide

chrono01

Well I finally cleared the first three sets of the Village quests, aside from one in Rank 3 [the capture Royal Ludroth one, I'll do sometime today].

I'm finding the weapon selection for Great Swords overwhelming. I'm not sure which path I should take. For now, though, I'm focusing on the Chieftan's Great Sword --> High Chief's Great Sword. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

I'm still using the basic Jaggi armor. What's the next upgrade you guys would recommend? I don't mind grinding for materials, as long as the upgrade is worth it. I was thinking of grabbing the Wroggi armor, but I'm not sure if it's worth losing the Attack [M] skill from the Jaggi set.

BTW, when can I create the next tier of Jaggi armor?

Ken

Well I finally cleared the first three sets of the Village quests, aside from one in Rank 3 [the capture Royal Ludroth one, I'll do sometime today].

I'm finding the weapon selection for Great Swords overwhelming. I'm not sure which path I should take. For now, though, I'm focusing on the Chieftan's Great Sword --> High Chief's Great Sword. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

I'm still using the basic Jaggi armor. What's the next upgrade you guys would recommend? I don't mind grinding for materials, as long as the upgrade is worth it. I was thinking of grabbing the Wroggi armor, but I'm not sure if it's worth losing the Attack [M] skill from the Jaggi set.

When you get to high rank jaggi.

matm666

Just got the pink rathian armor set, it was easy not too much farming Im ready for HR4, I want an armor with better skills, any recomendations?

ramyeon

You can use the Jaggi armour all the way until you're able to forge the Lagiacrus armour really. It's actually quite good. You may want to forge the Wroggi set for it's resistance to poison though.

chrono01

You can use the Jaggi armour all the way until you're able to forge the Lagiacrus armour really. It's actually quite good. You may want to forge the Wroggi set for it's resistance to poison though.

Thanks for your input!

I do really...really hate poison, and Sharpness might be a nice skill to "trade" off for Attack [M]. Plus, it doesn't hurt that it looks pretty nice. :)

I might create a set anyway. It should be good to have around just in-case.

ramyeon

Thanks for your input!

I do really...really hate poison, and Sharpness might be a nice skill to "trade" off for Attack [M]. Plus, it doesn't hurt that it looks pretty nice. :)

I might create a set anyway. It should be good to have around just in-case.
Yeah I used Jaggi & Wroggi almost exclusively until I got the Lagiacrus set. Also forged the Bnahabara set in between simply because it looked cool haha. Wroggi is really useful for a lot of fights like Rathian and Gigginox.

chrono01

Yeah I used Jaggi & Wroggi almost exclusively until I got the Lagiacrus set. Also forged the Bnahabara set in between simply because it looked cool haha. Wroggi is really useful for a lot of fights like Rathian and Gigginox.

Well that settles it!

Tomorrow, I hunt Wroggi.

Lots...and lots...of WROGGI!

*cleans his blade to prepare for the battle*

You are missing parts. They won't show up until you get certain parts from Lagi. I'm guessing you're missing either a Horn or Shell Shocker of Claw. Try killing him again and making sure to break his chest/spine and horns on his head.

Hmm. I think the only thing I haven't gotten from him is a horn. I know I got shell shocker, plate, claw, and scale, 'cause I made the chest, boots, and gloves with that stuff. Good to know, though. I thought the only thing that locked you out of gear was quests and rank.

Fought my first Gigginox

Got bodied

That damn poison. The bastard wouldn't stay on the ground either. I'll get working on the Wroggi set for now but otherwise, how do you get him on the ground?

ramyeon

Hmm. I think the only thing I haven't gotten from him is a horn. I know I got shell shocker, plate, claw, and scale, 'cause I made the chest, boots, and gloves with that stuff. Good to know, though. I thought the only thing that locked you out of gear was quests and rank.
Yeah it'd be the horn you're missing then. If you break the horns on his head you'll probably receive one and the missing armour pieces should appear. I know his helmet and waist pieces are the only ones that require a horn to forge.

matm666

Fought my first Gigginox

Got bodied

That damn poison. The bastard wouldn't stay on the ground either. I'll get working on the Wroggi set for now but otherwise, how do you get him on the ground?
Maybe it was bad luck he usually stays on the ground most of the time, being a gunner is great when he is up

ramyeon

Fought my first Gigginox

Got bodied

He stayed on the ground most of the time for me but I assume you could use bounce bombs when he does go to the roof of the cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom