• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

Yeah he was weak enough, cause after he left the trap I killed him with on shot :) Anyway, will try again I guess.

What is the best way to get his horns? I get plates pretty often as a shiny drops but can't get the horns at all even though I destroy them during the fight, along with the chest and tail.

Pitfall trap and then smash his face in usually does it.

ramyeon

Yeah he was weak enough, cause after he left the trap I killed him with on shot :) Anyway, will try again I guess.

What is the best way to get his horns? I get plates pretty often as a shiny drops but can't get the horns at all even though I destroy them during the fight, along with the chest and tail.
Are you destroying his back or the horns on his head? Horns are gotten from his head, I got one every time I destroyed that pretty much.

Raide

It seems to be that the Bow is great for breaking everything yet cutting tails is a nightmare. Need Razor Coating please!

Brannon

Hmm, Barioth vs my GS was no contest. Ended up breaking him in every place when I let him take a nap. Must've been all that Gigginox training.

Are you destroying his back or the horns on his head? Horns are gotten from his head, I got one every time I destroyed that pretty much.

I mean the ones on his head, I do that every time and no horns so far. I thought the plate should be rare drop and yet I can't get the horns lol

ramyeon

That's what I've been doing (I am at Level 3 Moga quests), and I've had no problem with getting the parts I need.

Unless of course I've been destroying parts and I had no idea I was destroying parts, hahaha.
Yeah even for the Jaggi armour you need a king's frill from breaking the Great Jaggi's frills.

ramyeon

Okay, so I guess I've been breaking parts all along and had no idea, since I have ton of king's frills.

I guess it's really subtle when you break parts then, hahaha.
They usually reel back and you can see chunks of stuff fly off them, there's a visual change too.

What might you do to break the frills? Kill one with a strike to the face/head area?

I'm new to the game. Be gentle? :p
Yep if you focus attacks on that area you can break it. You get rewards for it at the end of the quest.

Gloam

I've done the Lv. 1 tier of quests and a couple of quests from Lv. 2, was wondering about a good way to get a Great Sword at this point, should I go for the low level one for now, or wait on getting a better sword when materials become available?

Ghost23

I'm gonna need to kill Brachy a few times tonight for the Dios Blade if anyone wants to help later. I'm HR 4, so I guess the only quest available with him is the HR 3 urgent?

Aiming at the face does it. A few solid hits and he will flinch and bits will fly off him. You will then notice he has holes around his frill now.

They usually reel back and you can see chunks of stuff fly off them, there's a visual change too.

Yep if you focus attacks on that area you can break it. You get rewards for it at the end of the quest.

Ahhhhh! That makes sense to me now. I just realized after reading I never actually loot the frills. but they are part of the rewards once I return to the village. Awesome. Thanks so much.

Ghost23

I've done the Lv. 1 tier of quests and a couple of quests from Lv. 2, was wondering about a good way to get a Great Sword at this point, should I go for the low level one for now, or wait on getting a better sword when materials become available?

Buy one of the lower ones, and when you upgrade it enough, it becomes pretty powerful. Don't be deceived, the early weapons can turn into pretty nice weapons.

Wehrwolf

Got my Wide-Range +2 armor, but just seeing what items are usable with it.

I remember from other games in the series Herbs, Potions, Mega Potions, Antidotes, and iirc most status-curing items (cleanser and so on).. Is there a simple list of what works somewhere?

Edit: Oh yeah, power seed, armor seed were the main other ones.

When I knew absolutely nothing about this game, a few GAF members explained to me that the game was very rewarding in terms of feeling accomplished when you defeat a monster or grind to find items, they weren't joking at all. This game is awesome.

I'm about 16 hours in and have only scratched the service. I just captured that bear-like monster. He's deceptively fast.

Raide

When I knew absolutely nothing about this game, a few GAF members explained to me that the game was very rewarding in terms of feeling accomplished when you defeat a monster or grind to find items, they weren't joking at all. This game is awesome.

I'm about 16 hours in and have only scratched the service. I just captured that bear-like monster. He's deceptively fast.

He only wants to hug you!

Welcome aboard!

Aren't you going to have fun with Nargacuga.

Kyzon

I enjoyed Blast Raining on their head as they limp away. :D

It's a beautiful things. I had the last hit from far away the last few hunts I did today.
One was plesioth, I hit him with the blast lob and it knicked his toe to kill him. Another was a random pot shot at the dios as he was about to dive at someone. The last was the Uragaan. Spread like a mofo.

NeoRausch

man I just wanted to do the double agna quest.

euro GAF, as usual is killing gods and worlds while the room is full, so I've created a own room....

what a mistake!

playing with transoms is.... like drinking barks.... trough a straw.

made a room is anybody is interested. FP3L9 Pass as usual.

edit:

My sets are always the worst to forge.

Holy shit.

Now I need some Silver Eggs. >.<

but I've just sold 8 of them!

I'm G-rank and still haven't touched Bows yet. Been using Hammers and GS, but would like to try using Bows if I can find a good looking armor with a particular set of skills.

demonkaze

man I just wanted to do the double agna quest.

euro GAF, as usual is killing gods and worlds while the room is full, so I've created a own room....

what a mistake!

playing with transoms is.... like drinking barks.... trough a straw.

made a room is anybody is interested. FP3L9 Pass as usual.

edit:

but I've just sold 8 of them!

What HR are you doing? I'm HR3 but willing to join, need one more quest for the HR3 urgent

derwalde

so you can play the 3DS version online with the WiiU and a Wii LAN-Adapter but how is the range? does it work through different rooms? can anyone tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom