• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo C.

Anyone have any tips for a green horn hunter? this is my first proper MH would like to know the do's and don't s if there is any. Online is extremely fun but i fear i'm woefully underpowered to help some groups.

UK player btw if anyone fancies a group game.

Being underpowered doesn't matter when your style is supportive. I've stopped for today, but wouldn't mind to help you next time online.

Brannon

Finally gots mah fearsome maw, after like 20 of them slimy buggers. Bonus is that I can take one down in less than 10 minutes with my current gear and barely have to use antidotes anymore. But now.

NOW.

It is time to make armor with earplugs. Every scream is a free chance for me to hit and I shall not be denied any longer! I'm coming for you Diablos.

Oh yes.

Kyzon

This dios bow is amazing. I'm using the blast arc online and only hitting people when I want to save them from a big hit.

Alex

Capcom is STILL censoring the word kill in chat, why on earth... I do not have enough creativity to defeat your censors.

Old Dreamcast or GameCube or both and then on with PSO was like this too, what is up with you, Japan!

Maybe I'm the only person who plays with the gamepad! Everyone is so quiet. My Wii parts are all boxed up... AND WHITE, I cannot use them , alas.

tbhysgb

Damn you monster hunter!!!

I literally just picked up a wiiU and MH despite having the 3ds version.

Saw the wiiU at kmart for 20% off because they're closing.

DaBoss

Someone on GameFAQs made this great chart that is straight to the point stating each monsters elemental weakness along with weak points along with a bunch of other stuff:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/faqs

Here is the chart:
monster_hunter_3_ultip9rum.png

Guys, noob question:

How does stench affect you?

Prevents you from using items except for Deodorant.

Multiplayer can make for some magical moments, with one of my friends in the pouncing line of a charged up Zinogre but dazed and unable to move as well as being on the brink of death I hammer upswinged him to safety over Zinogre as it attacked, I felt so damn heroic, of course it could have backfired horribly but it didn't so hell yeah!

ramyeon

I'm not missing monster parts, if that's what you mean. I don't have the option to craft them at the smithy at all.
You are missing parts. They won't show up until you get certain parts from Lagi. I'm guessing you're missing either a Horn or Shell Shocker of Claw. Try killing him again and making sure to break his chest/spine and horns on his head.

oh my god capturing lagi in the flooded forest is IMPOSSIBLE
This is an easy one if you have perception gemmed up on your armour. Bring extra traps. If you're having trouble trapping him underwater keep damaging him bit by bit until he retreats to sleep on land. Plant a trap right on him while he sleeps, wake him, capture him.

hunnies28

3DS user here. I just got a CPP and boy does the game feels diferent. I never had any problems with the controls without it, but now I don't think I can go back. No more hand cramps for me.

Hobby

Anyone down for some Azure Rath farming? Need a ruby. Made a room in free play 1, lobby 3 if anyone's interested.

Edit: disbanded the room since no one was joining after 20 minutes or so.

Raide

Some good progress so fr in Solo. Last 3 quests in 5 star I think. Leading up to Ceadaus. Had my first Barioth fight. Man he jumps around loads but once he is tired, he dies fairly quickly. Also fought Diablos whom I hated in Tri. This time he was also pretty straightforward. They have dropped their damage a good amount I see. Had a fight with Volvidon too. He was weird but no real difficulty. :D

Someone on GameFAQs made this great chart that is straight to the point stating each monsters elemental weakness along with weak points along with a bunch of other stuff:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/faqs

Here is the chart:

Prevents you from using items except for Deodorant.

Nice one!
Straight to the point indeed, it may come handy at times to have a quick reference of all the monsters' weaknesses in a single place.
I mean, Wikia is amazing and full of useful informations - for instance the weapons' trees -, but sometimes one just needs to know if a given monster is weak to fire or water, and in these situations this chart is perfect.

I'm doing the 5* village quest, where I have to capture Lagiacrus but for some reason he's only being trapped for a few seconds, maybe 5 at the most, where other monsters stay in traps for a lot longer. Am I doing something wrong or should it be that way? Maybe shock trap has something to do with him being a lighting element and stuff and It won't hold him much longer, I have no idea.

Any help guys?

ramyeon

I'm doing the 5* village quest, where I have to capture Lagiacrus but for some reason he's only being trapped for a few seconds, maybe 5 at the most, where other monsters stay in traps for a lot longer. Am I doing something wrong or should it be that way? Maybe shock trap has something to do with him being a lighting element and stuff and It won't hold him much longer, I have no idea.

Any help guys?
If he's weak enough even 5 seconds should be enough to throw 2 tranq bombs. Try using pitfall traps while he's on land otherwise. Like I said to someone else, keep attacking until he runs off to area 8 (I think) to sleep if you're having trouble catching him underwater.

If he's weak enough even 5 seconds should be enough to throw 2 tranq bombs. Try using pitfall traps while he's on land otherwise. Like I said to someone else, keep attacking until he runs off to area 8 (I think) to sleep if you're having trouble catching him underwater.

Yeah he was weak enough, cause after he left the trap I killed him with on shot :) Anyway, will try again I guess.

What is the best way to get his horns? I get plates pretty often as a shiny drops but can't get the horns at all even though I destroy them during the fight, along with the chest and tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom