• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

how do I level up my farm and why do I give the village resources? what does the points earn me?

At the start, the upgrades are more options. Things like giving you more fields and the ability to raise bugs, mushrooms or honey. Later it gives you greater yields, I think. You upgrade by progressing through the village quests. As you go, you'll get more requests that'll upgrade your farm and give you different masks to outfit your Shakalakas. You get resources by hunting down forest monsters.

The combo books increase your combo success rate. You have to have them in successive order, and actually in your bag inventory, for you to get the effect.

The monster books are just... monster books. They just give you some info about the monsters.

There's books for increasing inventory, it's not THAT necessary in the beginning, but its useful if you're a hoarder.
name please?

Points allow you to do villager requests which will improve the village in ways like... upgrading your farm ;)

You also need the points to farm and send out your fishing boats.

have not defeated my first monster yet just learning slowly
wish I knew how to get to the Great Jaggi and that Bear-beaver dude

I wish the quest would have a photo of who the hell I am hunting instead of just a name lol

You level up the farm by filling villager requests that Junior tells you about as you play through the Moga Village quests.

Resources are what you spend to get stuff from the farm and fishing boat. You get them by exchanging certain items and doing free-hunt in Moga Woods. (Leaving the village with no quest.)

At the start, the upgrades are more options. Things like giving you more fields and the ability to raise bugs, mushrooms or honey. Later it gives you greater yields, I think. You upgrade by progressing through the village quests. As you go, you'll get more requests that'll upgrade your farm and give you different masks to outfit your Shakalakas. You get resources by hunting down forest monsters.

I want to do all of this but quest are going slow I am just grinding resources and learning combos

GolazoDan

I ended up getting the game for the 3DS, thanks for the couple of guys here who helped my nail down that I *could* do co-op with my brother! We didn't properly test it by doing any quests but I could see his guy listed on the bottom screen (couldn't see him on the top screen though, assuming that's not the case on the actual hunting grounds) so hopefully it'll work out.

Having much more fun than I'd expected though, having never played a full MonHun game and having had a bad experience with the demo (I had no idea what I was doing, basically). Got a better grasp of the basics now, rocking some duel blades, working out how the goddamn camera works, enjoying it, :D. I've probably played about 4 hours and done absolutely nothing of worth - lots of jaggi hunting and mushroom picking - so the real monster hunting is yet to come.

Gonna have to get on the Wiki though.
OH GOD I'm still working my way through the one star quests and I took the one where you need to get monster guts from those aquatic herbivore duders. Then fuckin' Lagiacrus shows up and is all like WHAT UP I'M KIND OF A BIG DEAL. Will he eventually piss off if I run away for 10 minutes, or do I just need to avoid him/swim fast to the next area?

Bet he's piss easy when you're properly equipped. Goddamnit.

ramyeon

name please?

I wish the quest would have a photo of who the hell I am hunting instead of just a name lol

I want to do all of this but quest are going slow I am just grinding resources and learning combos
The books for increasing inventory are sold by the Gal with the goods. I forgot the exact names but they're after the combo books in the list and she describes what each book does anyway. There's two of them. Mind you they increase the storage box capacity NOT your backpack capacity.

You'll learn the names of monsters quicker than you think anyway. There are pictures but they're drawn icons of the monsters not renders.

DaBoss

name please?

Pack Rat Guide to increase pouch box space. Organizer Guide to increase box space.

Just keep on completing quests and it will get there. It tries to ease you into the game with a loooooooooong tutorial.

OH GOD I'm still working my way through the one star quests and I took the one where you need to get monster guts from those aquatic herbivore duders. Then fuckin' Lagiacrus shows up and is all like WHAT UP I'M KIND OF A BIG DEAL. Will he eventually piss off if I run away for 10 minutes, or do I just need to avoid him/swim fast to the next area?

Bet he's piss easy when you're properly equipped. Goddamnit.

It will eventually go to Area 10, when it does, you can either go swim to Area 11, or go to Area 8 and jump off on the left side of the cliff.

SupaNaab

iirc this is a list of weapons in the game that ranks them from lowest to highest base + element damage. Whats important is that this list completely ignores any skills you may have which means this is not a true list of highest dmg weapons because skills like "awaken" will completely change the order.

Weapon Rank

I guess the format is "Rarity - Weapon Name: Total Damage, portion of total damage that is elemental"

Wilsongt

Got the 3DS version. TOok me a bit to get used to the controls, but I am slowly coming over and getting a bit better at dodging attacking now.

Unlocked Great Jaggi and in the beginning he was rough, but it's slowly got easier. I burn through potions, though. I did a few Moga free runs where there were two Great Jaggi roaming... on the same screen. THat was rough.

Did the honey bear hunt... Did okay with it. My armor is a hodgepodge of things.

Oh, yeah. Been using Switchaxe after experimenting with a couple of weapons.

I wonder if the final village quest, Mark of the Hero, is as tough as the previous final quests in the series (Gold and Silver, Dual Rajang). In MH3U, it's a G Rank Brachydios, Ivory Lagiacrus + Azure Rathalos at the same time. The Dual Rajang quest was definitely super tough.

Gold and Silver were okay for me. Dual Rajang on the other hand, gave me nightmares. I disliked fighting the whole gorilla species. That super Saiyan gorilla...wow...that just took it to another level. Fast, damaging, mobile...that guy is just nuts. I could handle solo Rajang...but I don't recall completing solo Dual Rajang in the arena.

MH3U's 3 G-rank monsters sounds pretty darn challenging too.

fernoca

I'm alternating between both versions. Play mostly on the 3DS XL, then when I know I'll be at home (free from work, no errands, no bills to pay, etc.) I upload the save and continue on the Wii U. Then send the save back to the 3DS when I'm finished.

I'm alternating between both versions. Play mostly on the 3DS XL, then when I know I'll be at home (free from work, no errands, no bills to pay, etc.) I upload the save and continue on the Wii U. Then send the save back to the 3DS when I'm finished.

Shared saved file (Transfarring?) would be a good idea to implement here.

Unicorn

I don't want to do my homework.

My grades have started dropping. Had straight A's, but now I'm about to break into the B's.

Fuck this game.

Deciding to farm for a Wroggi Set to stand a chance against a Rathian, and other poison beasts.

My only problem is that it's hard to find Carpenterbugs.
Anywhere I can find more than one per spot?

ramyeon

Decidding to make a Wroggi Set to stand a chance against a Rathian, and other poison beasts.

Tundra is really good, in the first area. Or the secret cave full of Felynes in Moga Woods area 4. It's still gonna take awhile, they're not exactly common finds.

Fewr

Deciding to make a Wroggi Set to stand a chance against a Rathian, and other poison beasts.

Tundra resource gathering mission in port tanzia. Go to area 1, from the entrance head to the left to find a bug catching spot, then at the far back sometimes there is another. By the time you're finished with those and back to the camp the mission will be over and you can start again. (you'll get 1-2 per run)
EDIT: D'oh! Already answered, and you already have access to tundra in single player.

explodet

Brachydios down for HR4. Did it twice, and am ONE carapace away from the Dios Axe. Meanwhile my partner got enough for the dual blades and so we went back and destroyed Barroth just 'cause. He went BOOM.

Bracky is gross. I could have done without the arm licking.

DaBoss

Brachydios down for HR4. Did it twice, and am ONE carapace away from the Dios Axe. Meanwhile my partner got enough for the dual blades and so we went back and destroyed Barroth just 'cause. He went BOOM.

Bracky is gross. I could have done without the arm licking.

One has to wonder, how does a Brachy get slime on its forehead? I can only think of one explanation...

explodet

Anyone know of a fast way to get spider webs? They're rarer than rubies at this point...
In free hunt I run to the bug node in the middle of area 3, spider webs can be found there. Gather three times, return to village. It doesn't advance the day so I can keep doing it without having to worry about time passing.
One has to wonder, how does a Brachy get slime on its forehead? I can only think of one explanation...
I ain't touching that one.

Lipskhezu.jpg

ihasaflavour

Neo Member
So I keep hearing/reading people talking about getting armor sets. I've been to the blacksmithy guy, and can't find anything. I hear people saying the 'Jaggi' armor set is usually the first they go for/get...any idea where I can look for the materials for said armor set? Thanks!!

ramyeon

So I keep hearing/reading people talking about getting armor sets. I've been to the blacksmithy guy, and can't find anything. I hear people saying the 'Jaggi' armor set is usually the first they go for/get...any idea where I can look for the materials for said armor set? Thanks!!
Killing and carving Jaggi and the Great Jaggi.

Lagi down. Fool should have stayed in the water because on land it was a straight up massacre

I'm in the mood to craft a new armor set, I have Jaggi and Wroggi so far and I'm about to head into the Volcano. Lagi set looks kinda bad stat wise but the actual armor looks hot. Any other ones that I should look into? I'm good on the weapon front

Anyone know of a fast way to get spider webs? They're rarer than rubies at this point...

Eventually the Misty Peaks area opens up. Once you can go there, head to area 3, the felynes den. To the left side of their statue you'll see a large spider web. It's a gathering point that gives nothing but spider webs (and insect husks).

Unicorn

Typically, to see the armor sets listed in the Blacksmith list, you must first gather one or more of the required materials that are unique to the set. Jaggi set would require you to skin a dead jaggi (raptor) and once you get a couple jaggi parts, more and more of the set should appear at the list, provided you get some of the rare drops that are required for things such as helms, etc.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This switch axe takes a lot of getting used to. I like the speed and the dodging, but I wonder if it really foes as much DMG as a GS or hammer.

Personally, I prefer the hammer cause you can run and charge for great DMG and you can also do the regular combo if the monster is wide open to mess them up some.

As for GS, I just like running, unsheathing, and attacking and then backing out.

Those two combined have me wary with this switch axe since it seems the range is shorter for some reason.

Still my highest DMG weapon so far though...

ihasaflavour

Neo Member
Typically, to see the armor sets listed in the Blacksmith list, you must first gather one or more of the required materials that are unique to the set. Jaggi set would require you to skin a dead jaggi (raptor) and once you get a couple jaggi parts, more and more of the set should appear at the list, provided you get some of the rare drops that are required for things such as helms, etc.

Oh OK! Also, are the armor sets labelled as such? I.E. Jaggi Arms, Jaggi Help etc?

Fewr

Oh OK! Also, are the armor sets labelled as such? I.E. Jaggi Arms, Jaggi Help etc?
Yes. You will be able to make two sets: one is for blademasters, and the other is for gunners. Before crafting check the information section to see which you're crafting.

hey guys I sent out my first fishing boat it came back

is the Haul Box what I use to check Charm Table?
Yes, you'll have to send the boat several times to see which table you got.

Madouu

So by doing that, some how i'll be told I can make a full armor set from this?

I think how it works is that the more quests you unlock & do > drops you gather, the more armors show up in the blacksmith listing. Then you'll be able to highlight each piece of armor and see what parts are needed for it to be made.

Unicorn

Yes, when you scroll through the armors, there will be a "NEW" tag for stuff you haven't seen yet. Each armor piece will then list what is needed to construct it, along with what parts you already have in your chest and your inventory. Grayed out items mean you don't have what is necessary, while white highlighting means you've met that requirement.

ramyeon

I think how it works is that the more quests you unlock & do > drops you gather, the more armors show up in the blacksmith listing. Then you'll be able to highlight each piece of armor and see what parts are needed for it to be made.
I'm pretty certain it's getting unique parts that matters not the quests. If you never carve a Lagiacrus Horn his helm will never show up for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom