• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i made both, and i would recomend doing so, but if your going to pick one personally id pick the ice fang, even though its a little weaker in the short term, the next level of upgrade is much easier to get than the fin blade which you will have to unlock the next level star of mosters to upgrade a sit needs an ice agnak bit
Water is a much more useful element I feel though. Like you said though, it took me forever to upgrade that finblade

just ugraded my barioth GS XD

am i better off farming high rank rathalos for rath plates, or would it be better to farm lowe rank as i can kill them about 7 minutes quicker? i just need one more for may rath hammer which i'm planing to upgrade to dyos slime pretty soon after.

Yeah, you can get Plates from low rank Los, so go for it. Also, I would keep the Rath Hammer, IMO. Make the Dios Hammer separately.

GolazoDan

I ended up getting the game for the 3DS, thanks for the couple of guys here who helped my nail down that I *could* do co-op with my brother! We didn't properly test it by doing any quests but I could see his guy listed on the bottom screen (couldn't see him on the top screen though, assuming that's not the case on the actual hunting grounds) so hopefully it'll work out.

Having much more fun than I'd expected though, having never played a full MonHun game and having had a bad experience with the demo (I had no idea what I was doing, basically). Got a better grasp of the basics now, rocking some duel blades, working out how the goddamn camera works, enjoying it, :D. I've probably played about 4 hours and done absolutely nothing of worth - lots of jaggi hunting and mushroom picking - so the real monster hunting is yet to come.

Gonna have to get on the Wiki though.

Raide

Lightning Bows really mess up Rathian and Rathalos don't they. :D A constant air bombing of lightning breaks everything!

Anyone want to help me get a Diablos Marrow? Wanting to keep my sword up in upgrades, and I need one of those to do that.

I'm also somewhat on the fence as for SnS vs Bow right now. Went through and just informally timed a Volvidon fight, my upgraded bow did 9 minutes to capture, and the SnS that's behind one or two did 7:30 or so to weaken it to the point of capturability. But obviously, the Bow is a lot safer. Decisions decisions.

EDIT: FP3, L9, usual.

Bear

Well, it's taken me two games (Tri + Ultimate), but I finally finished putting together a full Lagiacrus armor set.

That makes me a man now, right?

DaBoss

How many of you guys finished the village quests?

Well, it's taken me two games (Tri + Ultimate), but I finally finished putting together a full Lagiacrus armor set.

That makes me a man now, right?

Get a Brachydios set and then I will think about it.

I don't even have one yet. ._.

wsippel

Banned
Played the game online for the first time yesterday. Random, as I was drunk and EuroGAF was probably already asleep. Still HR1 (only did five quests or something), but it was fun. The online system is archaic and intimidating, but the community is really great. Friendly and helpful. What's interesting is that even though everybody could use voice chat, nobody did.

Thinking of building a Gunlance, I can currently make a Lagia Burst. Is that one worthwhile considering what paths it can go down? I'm currently a LS user and have a Rimeblade

burgerdog

So I set out to capture a Purple Ludroth in Moga Woods, I double check my inventory to make sure I have a trap, tranq bombs, antidotes, mega potions, and whetstones. So I set out and am on my way to it, guess what? Zero potions and whetstones :| I got hit three times only and blade reached yellow during the course of the battle and he's sound asleep :eek:. It's crazy how much better I am when I know I can't mess around, it happens in every game.

Bear

I only have the 3DS version, but I don't own a Wii U.

No online hurts, but aside from that I'm really enjoying it. It helps that I have someone to play local multi with.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Good...good...

How many people have the 3DS version? And how many of you only own the 3DS version?

I only have the 3DS version.

Playing on 3DS XL here. Controls are fine without the CPP pro, you get used to them pretty quickly. No Online is a bummer though.

ace3skoot

you ever notice how supplies only turn up after you have just eaten your welldone steak :/

don't suppose there is any quick way to get welldone steaks, and b quick mean can you buy them or get an npc too cook them, bloody hate having to go get more.

Fistwell

Had some awesome hunts with some EU GAFers tonight! Best parts were killing the Deviljho that got summoned by crimson Peco (and getting a jho gem), and destroying high rank Rathian in 3.5 minutes :p
Hahha! Those were fun quests! Cheers!

How many of you guys finished the village quests?
Na, only did it up to white lagi and jho. Not willing to spend the time to do every single quest to unlock the rest.

you ever notice how supplies only turn up after you have just eaten your welldone steak :/

don't suppose there is any quick way to get welldone steaks, and b quick mean can you buy them or get an npc too cook them, bloody hate having to go get more.
Really? I sorta enjoy doing it w/ the dble BBQ. It takes no time at all to cook like a 100+, and that lasts me a good while.

burgerdog

Not cool, stupid felyne. It stole my shock trap :lol I'm just feeling it today, took out HR Ian without using any potions and in 10 minutes.

DaBoss

Best way to do it with is the Grill Mask. I've noticed how you can't get a Rare Steak with it. You can either not cook it, get a well done steak or get a burnt steak.

Is 3DS the lead platform?

Well yea. The Wii U version is a port of the 3DS version with online.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Got both here too. Playing on XL - works fine with virtual dpad, don't feel a need for the CPP at all.

Eteric Rice

Question.

Why are there two sets of each creature's armor? Like Jaggi armor for instance. Is one for melee while the other is for gunner?

ramyeon

Question.

Why are there two sets of each creature's armor? Like Jaggi armor for instance. Is one for melee while the other is for gunner?
Yep, check which is which by scrolling through the stats pages before forging.

Sometimes one piece of a set can be used by both.

yami4ct

Just took out Barioth in Village Quests. After 45 hours and finally learning the game, I definitely see how people can find village quests super easy. Barioth feels like he should put up more of a fight. I beat him first try with almost no problem. It was still fun, but I'm about ready to move to online. At this point, I'm going just going to blow through the rest of Low Rank Village, but I'm ready for the "real" challenge of the game at this point.

Alex

I need a crimson pecco or two to finish some side armor. We can of course do any parts anyone else needs as well. im always up for whatever.

Im making a room in 3-9 called GAF, no pw.

I wonder if the final village quest, Mark of the Hero, is as tough as the previous final quests in the series (Gold and Silver, Dual Rajang). In MH3U, it's a G Rank Brachydios, Ivory Lagiacrus + Azure Rathalos at the same time. The Dual Rajang quest was definitely super tough.

Good...good...

How many people have the 3DS version? And how many of you only own the 3DS version?

I only have the 3DS version.
Just the 3DS version for me. No complaints either, except that the CPPXL is expensive to import.

About to take on Ceadeus, I may or may not do some Tanzia quests first though.

ryz

Really loving the WiiU version so far. Got both, also the 3DS version. The transfer feature is just awesome!

I need a crimson pecco or two to finish some side armor. We can of course do any parts anyone else needs as well. im always up for whatever.

Im making a room in 3-9 called GAF, no pw.

I'm in there, I'd like to smash a Diablos for it's marrow at some point.

Orayn

how do I level up my farm and why do I give the village resources? what does the points earn me?

You level up the farm by filling villager requests that Junior tells you about as you play through the Moga Village quests.

Resources are what you spend to get stuff from the farm and fishing boat. You get them by exchanging certain items and doing free-hunt in Moga Woods. (Leaving the village with no quest.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom