• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madouu

I'm pretty certain it's getting unique parts that matters not the quests. If you never carve a Lagiacrus Horn his helm will never show up for instance.

Yeah what I meant was if you don't hunt a Lagombi for example, it will never show up since you won't have the drops for it.

Ken

I'm pretty certain it's getting unique parts that matters not the quests. If you never carve a Lagiacrus Horn his helm will never show up for instance.

That and you have to be the appropriate rank online or offline before they show up.

Just completed the first urgent request. Damn it felt really nice killing those yellow wyverns

Also: I find it amazing that all the monsters have different "damage" zones. This game is blowing me mind!

Never in my experience in MH3 (Wii or 3DS) have I realized how useful Perception really is.

As long as you have paintballs, or any tracking stuff, you'll know when to capture a monster!

ramyeon

So I have beaten all the 5 star village quests so far (Up until Diablos), repaired the ancient mask and everything but the village request for the base camp just won't appear, so I can't do the next quest and then the Caedeus quest. Do I need to complete any other requests? I haven't don't the lamp mask, honey to burn, super shroom box or reel deal requests.

Ken

Does the old hag sell spiderwebs? Need mats for nets for pitfall traps. :(

PATTERN 1
Antidote Herb 20z
Sleep Herb 50z
Fire Herb 44z
Ice Crystal 600z
Sap Plant 24z
Felvine 14z
Ivy 75z
Scatternut 82z
Needleberry 22z
Paintberry 60z
Bomberry 120z
Might Seed 280z
Adamant Seed 220z
Blue Mushroom 24z
Nitroshroom 60z
Toadstool 75z
Parashroom 150z
Dung 10z
Dragon Toadstool 400z
Sleepyfish 90z
Scatterfish 300z
Burst Arowana 90z
Bomb Arowana 270z
Whetfish 135z
Pin Tuna 190z
Popfish 38z
Psychoserum 300z
Farcaster 300z
Bounce Bomb 180z
Airweed 40z
Exciteshroom 180z
Sushifish 90z

PATTERN 2
Antidote Herb 20z
Fire Herb 44z
Sap Plant 24z
Felvine 14z
Mega Fishing Fly 30z
Godbug 420z
Nutrients 760z
Herbal Medicine 250z
Catalyst 480z
Psychoserum 300z
Dung Bomb 160z
Farcaster 300z
Gunpowder 222z
Bomb Casing 150z
Poisoned Meat 188z
Tinged Meat 300z
Drugged Meat 315z
Bone Husk S 30z
Monster Bone S 100z
Wyvern Fang 58z
Wyvern Claw 180z
Bird Wyvern Fang 80z
Parashroom 150z
Dragon S 100z
Bitterbug 20z

PATTERN 3 (SALE)
Herb 10z
Sleep Herb 25z
Antidote Herb 10z
Fire Herb 22z
Ice Crystal 300z
Sap Plant 12z
Felvine 7z
Hot Pepper 22z
Scatternut 41z
Needleberry 11z
Bomberry 60z
Dung 5z
Whetfish 67z
Pin Tuna 95z
Popfish 19z
Worm 10z
Bughopper 30z
Snakebee Larva 150z
Psychoserum 150z
Farcaster 150z
Small Barrel 40z
Large Barrel 105z
Bird Wyvern Fang 40z
Parashroom 75z
Yambug 15z
Huskberry 1z
Bone Husk S 15z

PATTERN 4 (SALE)
Herb 10z
Antidote Herb 10z
Fire Herb 22z
Sap Plant 12z
Felvine 7z
Psychoserum 150z
Farcaster 150z
Trap Tool 100z
Barrel Bomb S 78z
Barrel Bomb L 259z
Bounce Bomb 90z
Old Pickaxe 30z
Pickaxe 80z
Old Bug Net 15z
Bug Net 40z
Whetstone 40z
Field Horn 240z
Binoculars 25z
Poisoned Meat 94z
Tinged Meat 150z
Drugged Meat 157z
BBQ Spit 560z
Fishing Harpoon 70z
Thunderbug 150z
Oxygen Supply 120z
Tranquilizer 75z
Smoke Bomb 218z
Cleanser 70z
Deodorant 40z

source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/65777627

AGITΩ

Played for almost 13 hours today, all of which online. Spent a good 10 of those hours with the same 2 guys and alternating 4th person. We made it to HR3 together, but doing it 4 times back to back to back was crazy. Did a good amount of HR3 quests too..overall a productive day off.

Ken

Sweet, 2 Palliums out of 3 hunts.

How do you name Equipment sets? Sometimes the ability to rename with Y appears, sometimes not?

Unicorn

FUCK URAGAAN
FUCK TIMEOUTS
FUCK TRYING A NEW BOW
FUCK THE BOW

FUCK MONSTER HUNTER
LLShC.gif

I'm going to start fighting monsters with just a rusted sword and shield. and no armor. Wish me luck.
Also I forgot to get rid of chacha and kayamba.

L Thammy

Maybe I'm weird, but I really enjoyed fighting Purple Ludroth. Just did it right now. Never fought a subspecies before, and I was impressed.

I expected it to be a Ludroth with a few more moves and a poison element, and it basically is, but it also seems to shuffle around like a Lagiacrus. Seems to be a lot more aggressive, too, and it does a ton more damage.

Since I was gathering a lot I didn't hae any room in my pouch for anything from the supply box (except topping off my Antidotes). I think I ended up using 11 antidotes and 10 mega potions. I fainted twice in the process, too. It reminded me of when I first fought Royal Ludroth and couldn't figure out how to avoid his rolls.

Duramboros felt like the game was trying to fight back again, but this feels like it's getting serious.

My armour's low rank since this is the first high rank quest. I'm just hoping that making high rank armour doesn't drop the difficulty too far down again.

Unicorn

Maybe I'm weird, but I really enjoyed fighting Purple Ludroth. Just did it right now. Never fought a subspecies before, and I was impressed.

I expected it to be a Ludroth with a few more moves and a poison element, and it basically is, but it also seems to shuffle around like a Lagiacrus. Seems to be a lot more aggressive, too, and it does a ton more damage.

Since I was gathering a lot I didn't hae any room in my pouch for anything from the supply box (except topping off my Antidotes). I think I ended up using 11 antidotes and 10 mega potions. I fainted twice in the process, too. It reminded me of when I first fought Royal Ludroth and couldn't figure out how to avoid his rolls.

Duramboros felt like the game was trying to fight back again, but this feels like it's getting serious.

My armour's low rank since this is the first high rank quest. I'm just hoping that making high rank armour doesn't drop the difficulty too far down again.

There's G Rank after High Rank, so I think the difficulty will ramp up even higher when you hit that barrier.

Purple Reign was fun. I didn't get hit until the end when I was getting greedy and he was getting more roll-y. I then ran through 10 antidotes like water.

ramyeon

So I have beaten all the 5 star village quests so far (Up until Diablos), repaired the ancient mask and everything but the village request for the base camp just won't appear, so I can't do the next quest and then the Caedeus quest. Do I need to complete any other requests? I haven't don't the lamp mask, honey to burn, super shroom box or reel deal requests.
Anyone? I've asked this a couple of times now and still haven't figured out what to do next. I'm completing all the requests but I still can't progress further. Is there a key quest I'm somehow missing in the earlier star rankings?

Anyone? I've asked this a couple of times now and still haven't figured out what to do next. I'm completing all the requests but I still can't progress further. Is there a key quest I'm somehow missing in the earlier star rankings?

Did you complete all of Junior's village requests? I think you have to do all of them to advance.

L Thammy

There's G Rank after High Rank, so I think the difficulty will ramp up even higher when you hit that barrier.

Purple Reign was fun. I didn't get hit until the end when I was getting greedy and he was getting more roll-y. I then ran through 10 antidotes like water.

My problem was that I was greedy from the start. Getting love taps from Barioth must have screwed with my mind - I forgot that you shouldn't be trying to tank through the game. Now it feels like I'm playing Monster Hunter.

I'm going to start fighting monsters with just a rusted sword and shield. and no armor. Wish me luck.
Also I forgot to get rid of chacha and kayamba.

I started off with an Arzuros. I managed to beat it in less than 6 minutes. Not really impressive, but onto the next creature.

ace3skoot

did you actually pick up the ancient mask from behind the waterfall in the farm area?

Unicorn

My problem was that I was greedy from the start. Getting love taps from Barioth must have screwed with my mind - I forgot that you shouldn't be trying to tank through the game. Now it feels like I'm playing Monster Hunter.

Yeah. All through low rank I acquired bad habits that previous entries never let me learn. haha

ace3skoot

Hahaha oh man that's hilarious. I figured the villager request was the end of that. I don't remember hearing that I had to go and get it. Thanks a lot.

no worries, pretty much everyone who doesn't read the text does this...pretty much everyone does this lol

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Anyone built that Chain Blade longsword?

Does it have any special animations/sounds? I hope so, thing looks awesome. Still need that lightstone to build it though :(

ramyeon

no worries, pretty much everyone who doesn't read the text does this...pretty much everyone does this lol
Haha yeah funny thing is that I usually do read everything, must have just skipped through that part :/ good grief haha. Well at least it made me get off my ass and complete all the villager requests anyway.

I had to look it up wow that is impressive the amount of damage shows on it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kzeb3Kxvtk

also that map is beautiful

ajim

Guys, I just want to share how much I absolutely LOVE this game. Its just too good I don't want to stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom