• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ugh just saw the PA strip. I love those guys and what they do, kinda disappointed that they don't dig it, but J-games in general tend to get "meh" responses from a lot of western gamesjournalism outlets. Oh well *goes back to playing*

maybe better luck when MH4 HD comes out on PS4 or whatever?

Rize_21

About the Dios weapons, since i've gotten my Dios Gunlance I've been using it a lot obviously. Is it worth using element weapons of equivalence over the Dios one or not?

Yes it is,I've killed the G Plesioth with the Dios Gunlance then the Lagiacrus Gunlance(both rare -6,Selene Z set equipped)and saved around 8 or 10 minutes,the monster suffered much more because of the thunder element too.
Dios Gunlance is great for exploding the monster's parts,but the gun part is quite weak,there's only 2 bullets.

edit: the first G plesioth has been captured,so it may have lasted longer.

blackflag

It seems that slime weapons in general are a bit broken in multi.

They are just broken in general, single and multi. Maybe that's what you meant.

Seriously. I got my hammer and proceeded to wreck everything else in the single player game withing 15 minutes each. Including new stuff I never fought before. The only thing that took a bit longer was Black Diablos because he rages hard and I was being careful. Azure Rathalos and Glacial Agnaktor died so fast it's ridiculous. This was after I upgraded the hammer but still.

Jaruru

G Rank with my armor is total bullshit. One hit from Pink Rathian and I am dead. I want to get the Deviljho Armor but I can't get that fucking Narga Medulla. This is just super frustrating right now.

I just reached the G rank yesterday.
any recommended armor/armor set to begin with G rank?

currently wearing brach :O

Rize_21

I just reached the G rank yesterday.
any recommended armor/armor set to begin with G rank?

currently wearing brach :O

Selene X/Z set!if you have time patience and an extreme luck(unlike me and those elder blood dragons that came on my very first Ceadeus barbedor and...on the 17th...),it's absolutely worth it to begin the G quests.
I had the bracchy set too before,and it's just night and day now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Andrex, youre glad that the bright caves have effectively killed a very interesting gameplay mechanic?

Yup, since even with the torch I couldn't see much of anything. Now I can go into caves and just do what I want.

Also, I never got how you had to put the torch away to light flames in Tri. WTF?

Haunted

G Rank with my armor is total bullshit. One hit from Pink Rathian and I am dead. I want to get the Deviljho Armor but I can't get that fucking Narga Medulla. This is just super frustrating right now.
Low G-rank is always the toughest. Your armour sucks, you do no damage, monsters have insane health.

Makes you feel weak and like a beginner all over again.

Doorman

Yup, since even with the torch I couldn't see much of anything. Now I can go into caves and just do what I want.

Also, I never got how you had to put the torch away to light flames in Tri. WTF?
If you held R and then hit A (classic controller controls)you can light the mounted torches while leaving your hand torch out. You could do the same to mine while your torch is out, too.

Selene X/Z set!if you have time patience and an extreme luck(unlike me and those elder blood dragons that came on my very first Ceadeus barbedor and...on the 17th...),it's absolutely worth it to begin the G quests.
I had the bracchy set too before,and it's just night and day now.
It's Helios (?) X/Z if your character is male. Built myself just that armor today, after farming Goldbeard Ceadeus all night yesterday. So far I like it. Really needed the upgrade too, I was still running around with my very first Barroth armor.

Coldsnap

Mailman just witnessed a Monster Hunter educed freak out. Threw my 3DS. Sorta in a picket both the Royal Ludroth and the firebird guy are really clutch kills for me. Barley make it with my Ludroth Hammer 10 mega potions. Trying to upgrade to a splash hammer and a flint hammer

TheExodu5

Banned
Really struggling as to what HH to make. The Nargacuca path (Hidden Harmonic) seems extremely good, outside of the final one, where the songs become terrible. The Zinogre path (Usurper's Growl) seems decent as well.

I may make a Hidden Harmonic for now, but once I can upgrade to the final stage, I'll switch over to Zinogre.

muu

Found out that VE tickets get better if you rank up your guild card by completing all the quests. Getting palliums just running through random quests sounds like a winner to me. Time to go through all the village quests I skipped, and spam guild cards...

Coldsnap

I can't find any good information as to what gear I should upgrade to after Jaggi set for hammers. All the guides are for Monster Hunter 3, but they changed stats around for Ultimate. Like the Barroth set doesnt give marathon running which is big

I can't find any good information as to what gear I should upgrade to after Jaggi set for hammers. All the guides are for Monster Hunter 3, but they changed stats around for Ultimate. Like the Barroth set doesnt give marathon running which is big

Ludroth has marathon runner. Lagiacrus is also very good. After Jaggi though I still used the Barroth set which got me all the way to high rank where I'm now using the high rank Rathian set until I can make something better.

Filth

Killed about 10 nargas last night double green. Not one single mantle dropped for me. And my teammates got two in one shot :/

Unicorn

The texture detail and color, given the texture size, is amazing! Next time you capture a monster take a close look.

A lot of you guys say a texture is bad because its blurry, thats not correct. A texture is bad when it doesnt maximize its size. A lot of these textures are 256x256 in size and the amount of detail they have is really amazing.

Andrex, youre glad that the bright caves have effectively killed a very interesting gameplay mechanic?
Monsters look great and gear is good. Everything else is muddy.

Chuckpebble

Ludroth has marathon runner. Lagiacrus is also very good. After Jaggi though I still used the Barroth set which got me all the way to high rank where I'm now using the high rank Rathian set until I can make something better.

Yeah, but Barroth has Guard, which is better for blockers, and especially Gunlances/Lances. I intend to take that all the way to HR, but it feels like a waste to use that set for a Hammer. However, it does have a small bit of thunder res, which would probably be good to help farm up a full set of Lagiacrus armor. Doesn't that have focus this time around?

Filth

Yeah, but Barroth has Guard, which is better for blockers, and especially Gunlances/Lances. I intend to take that all the way to HR, but it feels like a waste to use that set for a Hammer. However, it does have a small bit of thunder res, which would probably be good to help farm up a full set of Lagiacrus armor. Doesn't that have focus this time around?

The only armor you need for gun lance / lance is the glacial ankator set. Shit is OP as fuck

Pineconn

Real talk. How do you guys pronounce Arzuros? I've been in a debate with someone with whether you stress the first or second syllable and with whether the "ros" is like "rohs" or "ross."

Santiako

What would be the best high rank armour for Switch Axe? I'm using the Wroggi S set right now because of the cowboy look, but I want something new.

Mileena

Banned
I went with Rathalos set. Attack boost is always good. No idea what to make now as I'm getting 2 shotted by everything again in HR4+

Arzuros is funny :( I only wanted 1 Jumbo Bone to upgrade my Hunter Bow to II; the first times I do the capture mission and kill mission give me jack, the second time I do the capture mission I get 5. I hope Jumbo Bones are useful for other things later on!

Also, when do I start getting equipment that gives me better rolls and better stamina? The only thing I've upgraded so far is my bow, and none of the other gear I can get at this time looks that good (right now I have two 2-star quests left, the 3-star quests just opened up). Equipment that increases my available charge level on Bows would be fantastic too :<

Doorman

Real talk. How do you guys pronounce Arzuros? I've been in a debate with someone with whether you stress the first or second syllable and with whether the "ros" is like "rohs" or "ross."
For me it's been "AR-zu-rohs." Not sure why it came out that way. Then again I apparently still pronounce Gobul wrong, and I'm not sure anybody knows the real way to say Lagiacrus.

Any tips for Duramboros? I'm about to do the Urgent Mission for him, and from reading online, it sounds like a 30-40 minute battle at the minimum.

I'm using a Switch Axe with a paralyzing phial (Blitzkrieg Axe).

Ridley327

Any tips for Duramboros? I'm about to do the Urgent Mission for him, and from reading online, it sounds like a 30-40 minute battle at the minimum.

I'm using a Switch Axe with a paralyzing phial (Blitzkrieg Axe).

He's quite weak to fire element. Flash Bombs are also incredibly handy to have when he goes for his hammer swing attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom