• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I feel bad.

I'm still working through the Village [single-player] portion of the game, and haven't touched multiplayer yet at all, despite owning this since launch. I'm too addicted to simply gathering/farming materials, and going on Free Hunts to improve my village/farm Resource Points. -_-

This game is going to last me all year, I can feel it.

Teknoman

I feel bad.

I'm still working through the Village [single-player] portion of the game, and haven't touched multiplayer yet at all, despite owning this since launch. I'm too addicted to simply gathering/farming materials, and going on Free Hunts to improve my village/farm Resource Points. -_-

A good balance is to go mess around in the village, and then when you're getting close to the end of however long you planned to play, go online for a few hunts.

I feel bad.

Don't feel bad. I've been the same way, but also limited on my time. I'll get to multi eventually.

Rize_21

G rank Narga seems a lot more powerful than the other G rank monsters i've encountered so far (Currently HR7).

Specifically that tail slam it does that gets it stuck for a little while. That move can OHKO me without food boosts and with food boosts it can close or very close to OHKOing me (No other monster i've faced so far has any single move that comes close to doing that).

It was a deadly move in MHFU too,just miss a dodge when he's in rage and blam,here comes the Felynes' cart to the rescue,the Nargacuga is the only monster that I fight with a shield and sword(the classic Rathalos one).
But you had to be really really close for it to happens,or otherwise it would "only" damage you a lot.
Glad to know that he'll appears soon.

Fistwell

Almost HR 6, still need to do the urgent quest, but I hate ceadeus...
Underwater + tons of health >.<
I can give you a hand tomorrow evening if you need it. He aint all that difficult (so long that you have enough armor that his raging water jet doesnt 1hko you) or long.

I feel bad.

If you're enjoying it now, once you start going online, oh man... Even going on to just help newbies complete their HR quests is addicting and satisfy. It also builds good karma.

Disguises

AVOYRMEOKBYMEOKVWPEBH}Kle. Was just doing a casual Pink Rathian run before my friend went offline and some guy joined just before. So he dies within 5 mins which isn't a problem. I wait for a "sorry" message but no, nothing :/. He then proceeds to die again 5 minutes after without apologising again. So I notice there's also a Nargacuga somewhere on the map, P.Rathian flies off to the area of Nargacuga. I run in then run straight out again and type "1 more death = fail". I was in the process of typing "play it safe" when I get the notification that this guy has died, thus ending the quest. We get back to the port and he quits. I'm fine with people learning the game - maybe it was his first time, but manners like that really piss me off. /rant.

This game is awesome.

Fistwell

AVOYRMEOKBYMEOKVWPEBH}Kle. Was just doing a casual Pink Rathian run before my friend went offline and some guy joined just before. So he dies within 5 mins which isn't a problem. I wait for a "sorry" message but no, nothing :/. He then proceeds to die again 5 minutes after without apologising again. So I notice there's also a Nargacuga somewhere on the map, P.Rathian flies off to the area of Nargacuga. I run in then run straight out again and type "1 more death = fail". I was in the process of typing "play it safe" when I get the notification that this guy has died, thus ending the quest. We get back to the port and he quits. I'm fine with people learning the game - maybe it was his first time, but manners like that really piss me off. /rant.
That aint worse than people forcing you to help farm shit you dont wanna farm and that they dont need you to farm. And, who act all rude about it. And, who die a lot in the process when you need the money. And, who don't even wear that shitty armor the next day cause it was a shit armor to begin with jeesus (and who then want you to kill S ura for their LS for them, but they dont know to cut the tail for scutes and die twice lol). /rant

beje

Banned
First time this game is making me feel stupid. I need to deliver 3 "Monster guts" (or whatever they are called in English) but I don't really know if it's a drop from monsters, an herb, a mineral or what. I've killed a lot of Lagi in the feeding area in 6 but I'm completely clueless.

Napophis

So i went to the trouble of getting table 10 for charms, ive been playing melee but would like to make a set for a ranged weapon, am i going to be severly gimping myself? I mean i still plan on playing melee but would like to play gunner from time to time

Satch

Banned
i gave up trying to get the Zinogre jasper needed for my Zinogre faulds

i decided to use Lagi U faulds instead and it... actually looks much better than the Zinogre Faulds due to the length and the white and blue color

everything worked out better than expected :)

also, the Zinogre set (minus faulds) is absolutely gorgeous. i love the asymmetrical pauldrons and greaves, and the helmet's wide design, along with the hair along the top, looks like a giant mane

my character looks like some kind of lion samurai

i wish we could take screenshots ;___;

JosiahB

i gave up trying to get the Zinogre jasper needed for my Zinogre faulds

i decided to use Lagi U faulds instead and it... actually looks much better than the Zinogre Faulds due to the length and the white and blue color

everything worked out better than expected :)

also, the Zinogre set (minus faulds) is absolutely gorgeous. i love the asymmetrical pauldrons and greaves, and the helmet's wide design, along with the hair along the top, looks like a giant mane

my character looks like some kind of lion samurai

i wish we could take screenshots ;___;

Desire sensor. I got one my first time fighting him. From a shinny drop. Still haven't used it.

Raide

First time this game is making me feel stupid. I need to deliver 3 "Monster guts" (or whatever they are called in English) but I don't really know if it's a drop from monsters, an herb, a mineral or what. I've killed a lot of Lagi in the feeding area in 6 but I'm completely clueless.

Go swimming, kill Epioth (Fish Whale things) Collect their Guts.

DaBoss

I feel bad.

Don't feel bad. The people who haven't completed single-player should feel bad!

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
A tip for Duramboros -
I'm trying to get his whole armour set atm, as he's my favourite monster in the game. Luckily, I've been a bow user since the start, and I can take him out in 15 minutes. Use the Queen Blaster, and poison him at least 3 times. Other than that, just keep spamming the air blast move on his humps, which is super damaging. He's basically asking for it when he does his ballerina spin if you have enough distance between you. And he's slow, so it should be easy to distance yourself constantly.

He's honestly one of the easier and quicker monsters to beat with a bow.

Ken

'sight, now what G-Rank Armor would a hammer user would want to start with?

If you're just starting G-Rank, Wroggi X would be a good general armor to start with since Wroggi isn't too hard and the skills are nice for any weapon.

olimpia84

I feel like I'm the only person playing online that doesn't have a full armor set. I'm close enough to get a full Gobul armor but I need his damn antenna...no luck so far grrr

TheExodu5

Banned
Wait...why was Wroggi X armor being recommended over Volvidon X or Lagombi X?

Skills: Anti Defense Down, Razor Sharp, Speed Eating +1, Shakalaka's Baton...doesn't seem all that useful.

Satch

Banned
seeing people with their usual hunting friends in lobbies makes me jelly

i wish i had hunting buddies like that :lol

'sight, now what G-Rank Armor would a hammer user would want to start with?

Hammer user here.

Helios Z

Sharpness +1
High Grade Earplugs
Water Attack +1
Speed Sharpner (gemmed in)

I farmed Gold Ceadeus before starting the meat of G Rank. Almost to HR8 and still using it.

Ken

Wait...why was Wroggi X armor being recommended over Volvidon X or Lagombi X?

Skills: Anti Defense Down, Razor Sharp, Speed Eating +1, Shakalaka's Baton...doesn't seem all that useful.

I just find Speed Eating and Razor Sharp to be a lot more useful than Dung Master.

Decided to jump into the bow. I'm loving it, but it seems i've hit a damage wall. The earlier quests were easy as hell but now i'm getting into 12 round fights with Gigginox and Lagi. I'm hoping this is just a speedbump until new game +.

So it's the first time I ran into another bow user online and he's got the hidden bow spamming the low level shots (just pressing X). Is there a benefit to this? The only time I saw him charge was when a monster was on it's back not moving and that was to pull off the arc shots. I try to charge up to L3 all the time since I heard you're better off taking the time to charge up rather than shoot many low level shots? I've played 70 hours with a bow so far so I'm still no expert. Can anyone shed any light onto this?

EDIT: Never mind - he thought they did the same amount of damage since they were L1,L2 and L3 charges were all L2 spread or something.

BONUS: While typing this, I got the best rewards screen ever

People say this, but I find the best method is:

CHARGE L3, L1, L1

Repeated. This really puts pressure on the faster monsters. Slower ones I spam L3 or Arrow Rain as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom