• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

I've still yet to play online. I'm up to 5-star quests in single player, so I'm guessing early online stuff should be pretty easy?

I'm making a room, please feel free to join up.

Free Play 3, Lobby 9, GAF-HR1

Edit: can people join me online once I've started a quest?

They can join your room but can't join your quest in progress.

Sweet, 2 Skyemeralds from one hunt.

explodet

Really? I loved this fight even though it took ages the first time. Caedeus is so much more boring.
Haven't fought Caedeus yet, I'll admit. Don't quite look forward to it.

If Duramyawnos had a little less HP - or be easier to knock over (seriously, I wail on those legs and nothing) - he'd be a better fight.

burgerdog

I'm surprise that people think Duramboros is a long fight, took me 12 minutes to kill when that village quest popped up. Upgrade those weapons and look at armor skills(more so than the way the armor looks!)

Damn, is Duramboros supposed to take so long? I played Tri all the way through single player, and was part way through HR when I quit. So I just fought duramboros, and it took me a solid 40 minutes. The lagi cap quest immediately before it took me 12 minutes I think.

Am I doing something wrong? I saw somewhere that his humps were his weakspot, not his head, but I didn't know if that was for cut, impact, or both.

Duramboros basically has fucktons of hp. He's unique cause his tail can be broken off even if you're using impact weapon. His weak point is his hump, yes...but it's difficult to reach there. I'm a hammer user, and I'll hammer his face till he dizzies then work on his hump. You could also go for his legs till he falls over. In fact, you should go for his legs if he starts spinning and if you're close enough. After I break his horns and hump, I work on his tail. Remember, you can carve his tail after it comes off. All in all, pretty fun fight.

Chuckpebble

So can we try and speed run Duramboros? It'll give this poor 3DS player that sense of comeraderie that I'm missing. Village quest, solo, no HR gear.
final destination

Satch

Banned
>spend hours helping group rank up together
>do HR5 urgent for room host
>ready up to start your urgent
>room host leaves without even so much as a thank you after hours of helping them get to G rank
>group disbanded

oh.

Kouriozan

>room host leaves without even so much as a thank you after hours of helping them get to G rank
>group disbanded

oh.
Ouch, thankfully it never happened to me.

Ken

No, it's because Ceadeus is boring to fight in any incarnation.

Just wrapped him up in the Moga Village today, and he is still so damn underwhelming.

12 minute G. Ceadeus fights with cunnann were alright. Even just whacking immobile stuff a ton is somehow satisfying.

>group disbanded

oh.

We can help you do it if you want.

ramyeon

No, it's because Ceadeus is boring to fight in any incarnation.

Just wrapped him up in the Moga Village today, and he is still so damn underwhelming.
Pretty much, it was a pain just swimming after him while he doesn't even seem to give any notice to you being there and slicing away at him lol.

Music WAS amazing though.

Napophis

How can i make the Powderstone quest easier on myself?

Got to Zone 5 and a big dude(forget his name, but he had one hell of a chin) showed up, roared and i dropped it :(

ramyeon

How can i make the Powderstone quest easier on myself?

Got to Zone 5 and a big dude(forget his name, but he had one hell of a chin) showed up, roared and i dropped it :(
Forge Loc Lac set (3 piece armor set made of common pick ups). It has pro transporter skill and heat resistance.

Pineconn

google searched helped me me locate the needed machalite ore now have my full armor set

now I have to wait for Pelagicite Ore to upgrade my dual swords

Fire -10 is bad right?

Technically yes, but it's not that significant. Every armor set will have elemental weaknesses (and strengths), but -10 is only a little bit more damage. My Gigginox S set, however, has Fire -25...

Satch

Banned
We can help you do it if you want.

In my anger, I've turned off my Wii U, the TV, and ordered a pizza.

Thanks for offering though. I appreciate it.

I'll find some randoms to run through it with me later tonight (hopefully).

Ok, I've done Ceadeus with Spieler1, Pixelnix and Za warudo, that was intense!
First time for Pixelnix and underpowered armor for Za warudo, I had to rank them up too, but we managed to do it, thanks guys!

Pixel here. Wow, that was a super confusing fight. Like I said in game, it's hard to figure out if he's attacking or just moving when all you see on screen is a big yellow... thing taking up the entire screen. Grats on getting it done and thanks for taking us along for the ride!

Kouriozan

Pixel here. Wow, that was a super confusing fight. Like I said in game, it's hard to figure out if he's attacking or just moving when all you see on screen is a big yellow... thing taking up the entire screen. Grats on getting it done and thanks for taking us along for the ride!
Thanks, that was awesome!
Maybe I'll help you do yours when you'll get it ^^

Ken

In my anger, I've turned off my Wii U, the TV, and ordered a pizza.

Thanks for offering though. I appreciate it.

I'll find some randoms to run through it with me later tonight (hopefully).

Well if you can't find any rooms later let me know.

Neki

Was thinking about getting this on the 3DS, me and my girlfriend played Tri split-screen and I'd figure it might be fun to play this together on our 3DS's. Anyone have experience with the co-op, or the 3DS version in general?

DaBoss

hey say I need Pelagicite Ore and that area is no opened yet for me
would going online help me skip ahead to find it?

It is available from the start online.

For the village, just complete quests in the village and it will eventually open up.

Was thinking about getting this on the 3DS, me and my girlfriend played Tri split-screen and I'd figure it might be fun to play this together on our 3DS's. Anyone have experience with the co-op, or the 3DS version in general?

I'm playing the 3DS version and it has been really enjoyable. Haven't tried co-op yet.

Anyone want to help me take out a few HR4 quests? Namely want to work on High Rank Giggi armor, but need the preceding quest to do it.

HR4GAF-FP3-L9.
Same Pass as always.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
3DS look ridiculously bad compared to WiiU (of course) and there is some slowdown during underwater fight. Also text font on 3DS is absolutely garbage.
3DS one looks perfectly fine to me, and I'm hardly a fan of the hardware :p In 3D mode it looks super crusty but in 2D it adds some nice smoothing.

I wanna upgrade my bow but don't know wat do?

I'm on the great loggia quest. Can't kill the best. It has started salivating and then gone to sleep. But no kill, he always runs away :(

Again, Free Play 3, Lobby 9, but I'm going to be slightly away from the game. When/if you show up, just spam the quick chat so I hear you. I'll have the gamepad within hearing distance.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Nearing the 35 hour mark on 3DS and haven't had much issue with the game other than the font being blurry and terrible on the system. Takes time to acclimate to the camera without a second stick, but over time I am conditioning myself to the virtual right stick on the second screen, but mostly just relying on the L-trigger camera snap to the big monsters. Not really noticing much framerate issues much ever. I do have the 3D disabled(option in main menu, completely deactivates 3D slider) as well as the local Wifi turned off. These two features switched off help cut down on battery drain dramatically, but its rumored to also help with the framerate.

I do like the customization on the bottom screen though. Good use of the system hardware, even if I mostly just use it for the map and the rare camera adjustment, oh and the monster targeting lock.

Of course the day I choose to buy a Wii U, I'll likely not touch this version much.

Anteo

So I just killed the Lagiacrus, it was a long, hard fight because I keep falling for his attacks. I got him to limp with 3 Mega potion left and the game told me "10 mins left". In the end I got him with no potions to spare. What a fight

Going to have to learn some new weapons. I just can't get close to Pink Rathian - tail swing is too destroying.

Also multi monster fights were very intimidating but I've learnt its both a learning curve and a preparation aspect. Like how a bad fight is still a learning experience.

3DS one looks perfectly fine to me, and I'm hardly a fan of the hardware :p In 3D mode it looks super crusty but in 2D it adds some nice smoothing.

I never played with 3D on so I can't comment on that but in 2D it seems like there is weird white tint to the 3DS version. On the WiiU I can see every texture clearly and color contrast is also much better. That probably because the WiiU is displayed on HDTV, which is incomparable to 3DS's screen, and it make the WiiU version much more please to look at.

And those 3ds letters..... are you saying you have no problem reading them? It's barely readable to me.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anyone wanna hop online for some HR2 stuff? Been absorbed in single player for like a week... but I don't feel like fighting Caedeus yet. >_>

I will say I do need to fight Gobul at least once, since I need a Gobul Whisker. After that...

tumblr_llfjy7U0Ff1qamuuyo1_500.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I never played with 3D on so I can't comment on that but in 2D it seem like there is white tint too it. On the WiiU I can see every texture clearly and color contrast is also much better. That probably because the WiiU is displayed on HDTV, which is incomparable to 3DS's screen, and it make the WiiU version much more please to look at.

And those 3ds letters..... are you saying you have no problem reading them? It's barely readable for me.
Actually yeah, NPC 'speech' text is kinda weird and jaggy, but I just mash the button through most of it anyway.

Menu text is fine for me, though, in 2d, i find the UI really good actually. Menus are quick and easy to read. Are you on an XL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom