• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

I got kicked off... Bizarre. Try to reconnect and it times out, everything else off my WiFi is working though

Now my home menu is stuck in a loop, my Wii u has lost its mind

Jaruru

So I heard the new DLC, wguch will give you 5000 village resource points?
How do I get those pts? I downloaded all DLC already...

L Thammy

Would anyone have recommendations for a good first set of high rank armour? I'm a blademaster.

What weapon are you using? I've been using Jaggi for my greatswords (gemmed for attack) and Bone for my hunting horns. I was using the low rank versions up until now.

Is there a good online resource for all armours available with slots, defense, skills and mats required?

The monster hunter wiki one was great for Tri, but their Ultimate one is horribly incomplete.

Thanks in advance :)

Zornica

Banned
Would anyone have recommendations for a good first set of high rank armour? I'm a blademaster.

I'd say a wroggi set is nice to have. It negates poison, keeps your weapons sharp and strenghens chacha and kayamba.

Sounds like a pretty good sinle hunter armor to me. (and its really easy to get too)

ramyeon

What weapon are you using? I've been using Jaggi for my greatswords (gemmed for attack) and Bone for my hunting horns. I was using the low rank versions up until now.
I'm using switch axe most of the time.
Zornica said:
I'd say a wroggi set is nice to have. It negates poison, keeps your weapons sharp and strenghens chacha and kayamba.

Sounds like a pretty good sinle hunter armor to me. (and its really easy to get too)
Yeah I was using Wroggi a lot during low rank, was considering getting the Wroggi S set, is it much improved?

L Thammy

Is there a good online resource for all armours available with slots, defense, skills and mats required?

The monster hunter wiki one was great for Tri, but their Ultimate one is horribly incomplete.

Thanks in advance :)

http://mh3-ultimate.com/
May not be much better, but this might help a little.

I'm using switch axe most of the time.

Yeah I was using Wroggi a lot during low rank, was considering getting the Wroggi S set, is it much improved?

Don't really know what's good for switcheaxe. Well, Jaggi S has Negate Stun and Attack Up (M), both very nice. Item Use Down can be gemmed out easily I think. Should be a good general purpose armour if there's nothing that sounds more appealing.

success! I successfully upgraded my dual swords

the next upgrade is two choices

Leader's Shotels = Great Baggi

or

Twin Acrus = Lagiacrus

I have to set my goals because I will want to match them with Armor Sets

I hate fighting snake lizard like creatures underwater Lagiacrus is scary
I got to see what the swords look like before I skip to avoid the fight

Mr E.

You need to talk to Neko means Cat in Moga Village and go to Port Tanzia. You can get to HR2 by doing the following guild quests: Leading The Charge, The Merchant's Mission, Accident Investigation, Playing with Fire. You then need to do your HR1 urgent quest to get to HR2.
Oh right I never knew Moga doesn't count towards anything. I've done a couple in Tanzia with my son. Definately done the playing with fire one. That's the one the dodo shakes his arse at me and flys off, the bastard. Paintballed him and caught a few now.

Thanks a lot.

L Thammy

success! I successfully upgraded my dual swords

the next upgrade is two choices

Leader's Shotels = Great Baggi

or

Twin Acrus = Lagiacrus

I have to set my goals because I will want to match them with Armor Sets

I hate fighting snake lizard like creatures underwater Lagiacrus is scary
I got to see what the swords look like before I skip to avoid the fight

You know, you don't have to pick just one.
If I'm not wrong, dual swords benefit a lot from elemental damage, too. It makes sense to have weapons of different elements to fight different monsters with.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HR3 yay! Thanks Alco, EvilMario, and Mapleine. :)

Now that I've almost "beaten" single player (as if, lol), I want to be online more.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if everyone else knows this but there's a failure of method I make well done steaks.

Tap your foot in rythm to the song and our foot should hit on the last note. 2.5 beats later (foot taps twice and goes up) hit the button and you'll have a well done steak. Do it with your eyes shut and it's easy.
Ummm...wait for music to end and watch the meat turn color about 1.5-2 seconds after the music stops.

It's a very slight change but I say do a few practice roasts to get that color change down.

If you look right at the meat, you should see it change and you have quite a bit of time to take it off too.

Ummm...wait for music to end and watch the meat turn color about 1.5-2 seconds after the music stops.

It's a very slight change but I say do a few practice roasts to get that color change down.

If you look right at the meat, you should see it change and you have quite a bit of time to take it off too.

yeah I just watch the colour change

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual

On the single bbq if you watch the flames it flares up a second or two after the music stops. When it rises up I hit the button.

You know, you don't have to pick just one.
If I'm not wrong, dual swords benefit a lot from elemental damage, too. It makes sense to have weapons of different elements to fight different monsters with.

true one goal at a time if I have the parts will do all of them regardless this game will take a year or so :)

I just count and press on 2 when the music ends so I'll say 1.5 is right

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
It's massively easier to watch the color change... :(

Still, like this game, there area variety of ways to do things. Whatever works is good enough.
Yeah I used to do the colour change thing o the PSP... I kind of forgot about it on the 3DS though, haha. I just go by the music now, on the double BBQ.

Beats

Hold ZR while the thing is running and you'll keep putting on new raw meat.

Anyone know which quests give level 3 fish and level 3 bread ingredients?

Yeast Rising in Moga Village gave me Level 3 bread ingredients. Not sure about fish though..

also I noticed I got cheated out of getting two charms they were my first so I did not know what to do I had not slots could not send them to storage box :(
time ran out, I lost a lot of things during the reward screen with seconds counting down
WHY do we need a countdown on the reward menu?
LLShC.gif

ultron87

I actually just got my first charms today too and it took me a sec to figure that screen out since it works differently from every other item screen in the game.

Full Rathian armor yay.

Desire sensor story:
My wife needed 4 Carpenter Bugs for the Lagombi armor set, so we do harvest quests. In 4 runs, she gets 2 from D. Island, and I get 7. So she says "Screw it, I'm taking a break" and heats up some pizza. I pick up the controller for her, do another run, and get 3 in a row. She refuses to believe me until I show her the Item Pouch. Hahaha.

Desire sensor story:
My wife needed 4 Carpenter Bugs for the Lagombi armor set, so we do harvest quests. In 4 runs, she gets 2 from D. Island, and I get 7. So she says "Screw it, I'm taking a break" and heats up some pizza. I pick up the controller for her, do another run, and get 3 in a row. She refuses to believe me until I show her the Item Pouch. Hahaha.

I love the desire sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom