• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airan

What hunting horns are people collecting? I'm going to farm for the narga horn, but I'm stuck between lagia or gigginox horns...

... Am I the only one using a bow?

Is there a bow defense force or something?

I'm not even sure tha I'm using the bow correctly (you attack with A right?)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hunt a Duramboros? WHAT DO YOU MEAN HUNT A DURAMBOROS? I JUST HUNTED A DURAMBOROS!

FUCK

Yeah, that was annoying. It was also unlike all the other Urgent Quests, which do end up "counting."

Also, I find it weird there were two "kill Rath" quests in 5-star. I know they're in different locales but why wasn't the second a capture quest? Hmm.

Alex

3DS version looks and runs great, aside from the UI, which is an aside from a 3DS being 400x240 and a PSP being 480×272. Personally, I don't give a damn if the next DS is a minimal asset upgrade over the current one, crank that resolution up next time, Nintendo. Oh what I wouldn't have given for an 800x480 DS2.

The framerate on the 3DS is superior to the Wii U

I think it's locked 45, whereas it's intermittent 30-45 on Wii U. Honestly, they should have provided an option for a 30 FPS lock because I dislike unstable framerates, that said it's certainly not bad or distracting.

I'm very glad they picked 1080p above 720p and a higher framerate though. Yeah, yeah, I know, that won't earn me a lot of friends but as long as there's a stable 30+ FPS I want 1080p in everything. Nothing is as important to visuals as a high, native resolution and although it's not going to be as big of an impact in a low detail game like MH3G, I still appreciate the clarity and crispness.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

I'll switch to bow when I have a second stick to aim it. Damn, I need a Wii U...

The only quests I have available at the moment are the Dragonstone fetch quest, hunting a Duramboros (fuck dat) or hunting a Nibelsnarf. I kind of don't want to do any of them :(

What do I do GAF?

Kaji

I've got one brachy gem, need another probably killed/capped 30ish so far grrr

With all his materials I've collected adds up to over 500k Z

Ohhh...Bow was my secondary weapon in MHFU. I used it to great effect against long monsters like Plesioth and Lavasioth. Pierce lvl 4 with the right elements is uber!

I haven't started using bows in MH3U...still on the Hammer.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I'm still getting used to dumping this much time into a game. I usually tend to avoid it except in the most extreme cases. This is one of those cases.

I'm still HR1, but my main hunting partner at work jumped ahead of me this weekend to HR3. Any advice for what I should do to catch up with her rank tonight?

DaBoss

I'm still getting used to dumping this much time into a game. I usually tend to avoid it except in the most extreme cases. This is one of those cases.

I'm still HR1, but my main hunting partner at work jumped ahead of me this weekend to HR3. Any advice for what I should do to catch up with her rank tonight?

Complete the key quests. I don't know which ones they are, but they are the ones that let you progress through HR.

Coins

Banned
Not sure if everyone else knows this but there's a failure of method I make well done steaks.

Tap your foot in rythm to the song and our foot should hit on the last note. 2.5 beats later (foot taps twice and goes up) hit the button and you'll have a well done steak. Do it with your eyes shut and it's easy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
IMG_20130401_213725.jpg

You're my treasure, gurl.
AMzq9lr.gif

Mr E.

Hide your guffaws at the back of the room please, when do I get to HR2? I'm a bit of a completionist and have done all 1&2 star Moga village quests and a couple on 3 star.

My first hunter game so don't laugh. I've managed to bang in 37 hours and it went in a flash.

Thanks guys.

L Thammy

Hide your guffaws at the back of the room please, when do I get to HR2? I'm a bit of a completionist and have done all 1&2 star Moga village quests and a couple on 3 star.

My first hunter game so don't laugh. I've managed to bang in 37 hours and it went in a flash.

Thanks guys.

HR is a Tanzia Port thing, not a Moga Village thing.

Who was the fucking moron who decided you could only change controllers through the main menu? Yeah, cause why would we want to change controllers right? I mean the GamePad lasts three whole hours!

Goddamnit.

I've switched from Gamepad to Controller Pad Pro on the fly. The game complains, but it works without issue.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Who was the fucking moron who decided you could only change controllers through the main menu? Yeah, cause why would we want to change controllers right? I mean the GamePad lasts three whole hours!

Goddamnit.

Beats

Thanks guys.

You need to talk to Neko means Cat in Moga Village and go to Port Tanzia. You can get to HR2 by doing the following guild quests: Leading The Charge, The Merchant's Mission, Accident Investigation, Playing with Fire. You then need to do your HR1 urgent quest to get to HR2.

Goddamnit.

Hmm, when my gamepad is low on battery and I turn on my Classic Controller Pro the game automatically recognizes it as the "primary" controller and lets me use it right away.

Just starting out, first MH since 2G...really rusty and starting from the ground up, skill-wise.

Really liking Long Sword, which I don't remember enjoying. Hammer as secondary. Hopefully I don't ruin anything for anyone once I start going online.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OK I remade the room guys!

Help a hunter out!

Free Play 3 > Lobby 8 > Andrex Fun

Password: goby

Hmm, when my gamepad is low on battery and I turn on my Classic Controller Pro the game automatically recognizes it as the "primary" controller and lets me use it right away.

Lucky you. =/

Fewr

Ask her to help you do quests. That's what I'd do.

DaBoss

Hey GAF, just got another rusted weapon, it's a lance. Any tips and tricks on how to use this weapon class properly?

When the weapon is unsheathed, you can do this infinite combo:

To attack something straight ahead of you:
X -> X -> X -> B (direction of your choice; left, back, right) -> repeat

To attack something in front of you but a bit above you:
A -> A -> A -> B (direction of your choice; left, back, right) -> repeat

You can switch between the two. This is just the basic attacks, there are thing like counterattacking (R + A), shield dash (Kick Button), side slash (X + A), and etc. The above basics is pretty much what you will use most of the time. Also, they are interchangeable, so you can do A -> X -> A and other combinations, so you aren't limited to repeating the same type of attack.

Baconbitz

Banned
Is getting a monster fluid for the Chiefs son on the farm urgent? Can I finish all the main guild quests first before getting the monster fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom