• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52806999]Trap Master replaced with Combination Pro, Guard -1 replaced with 4 each of FreeElmnt and Destroyer.

8 slots.

Also costs 22 Bumblepumkins, which are apparently only available as 5 star commodity trades -_-[/QUOTE]

22? Nice, I got 16 so far. Gonna capture 6 more Pink Rathians and hopefully get the Pink Loins I need.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52807425]What's the best armor to get if I want Gatherer and Unshakable?[/QUOTE]

Gathering or Speed Gatherer?

chrono01

Do it... I did. I realized there were several hours a week extra I could be hunting.

Haha, you have no idea how close I am to doing it.

My only salvation from the MH3U addiction is when I leave the house, but to bring that with me? That's just inviting disaster.

And yet...here I am, debating it.

I will not falter! Well, maybe I might. Actually, more than likely I will.

How could I resist?

I want a stronger double blade

I guess I should forge many to have the elements that monsters are weak against
online quest are so much shorter with help

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52809840]
Gathering.[/QUOTE]

Apparently the only armor that has Gathering points that aren't negative is the Leather line (best is Leather S.)
KuGsj.gif

Grand Amagi, Gran Hyuga, Miralis, Grand Mutsu, and Grand Yamato are the only armors that have Unshakable points. Thankfully they all have 10 points for it.

burgerdog

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52809840]Guys, Misty Peaks is my favorite ;_;

Also, I wish you could get res instead of money for account items.

Gathering.[/QUOTE]

Once you kill a few Uragaans RP won't be a problem anymore, dem Lava Nuggets are worth 1,500 RP.

Has anyone who played Tri a lot really gotten into this game? I still have good memories of when I hardly knew my way around a map but after 400+ hours I kind of got MH3'd out. Is there anyone who thought they were MH3'd out but realized they weren't when they got Ultimate?

Kyzon

can a HR1 join a HR3 quest? Just wondering if the HR level is required since I don't have those open on my own

No, you must get to hr3 to do hr 3-5. :(

After we do this Sand Barioth Quest if Mileena wants to, I'd be down to help you get out of HR1.

Should go fast with our weapons and yours.

No, you must get to hr3 to do hr 3-5. :(

After we do this Sand Barioth Quest if Mileena wants to, I'd be down to help you get out of HR1.

Should go fast with our weapons and yours.

okay I'll just wait on you guys

I need to look up key quests so I know which ones moves me out of the low HR

The good news is that it doesn't take very long to get to High Rank quests.

It does move faster with high rank help I made a few mistakes by choosing none key quest or I would have been out of HR1 when these guys were helping me

I have the wiki guide open now so I'll wait for some help to get out of this part

DaBoss

Oh god, after 50 hours i have found the shortcuts in the starting areas.. I feel pretty dumb now

Oh yea, here is an interesting fact about Deserted Island. The fastest way to get to Area 11 from the starting area is to actually go to Area 8 and jump off the cliff.

TheGrue

How do you actually jump off the cliffs? I can see that shortcut on the map in area 7 in Flooded, but I can't figure out how to actually jump off the waterfall.

explodet

How do you actually jump off the cliffs? I can see that shortcut on the map in area 7 in Flooded, but I can't figure out how to actually jump off the waterfall.
Run/Dash off. You'll figure out which part of the cliff edge takes you to the next area pretty quickly. Walking won't take you there.

Kouriozan

I'm at 100 hours of playtime now, and I didn't farm a lot, by that I means no 4 hours grind on the same monster.
Maybe that'll change once I hit HR 7 or +.
I think I'm helping people more than farming for my gears. Not a bad thing, I like helping GAFer :)

Mupod

I'm at 100 hours of playtime now, and I didn't farm a lot, by that I means no 4 hours grind on the same monster.
Maybe that'll change once I hit HR 7 or +.
I think I'm helping people more than farming for my gears. Not a bad thing, I like helping GAFer :)

Same. I am taking my sweet time, no rush for G-rank even though I could easily solo my way there in a couple hours at this point. Thinking of picking up SA now just to give it a reasonable try for once. I always tell people it's easy to learn weapons once you know the monsters themselves and I just keep refusing to take my own advice.

I'll be on shortly anyways, hope someone's down for some sand barioth x black diablos. Because I want shit from both of them and that quest sounds fun as hell.

Herbert Moon

Neo Member
Ohh man this game is so addicting. I'm 40 hours in and only just got to village high-rank. I can imagine it would take well over 100 hours to complete all village and port quests.

DaBoss

Uses of Lava Nuggets other than RP:
You need it for a Power C+ skill and a Slime C+ skill. It is also used for many weapons and armors.

explodet

Has anyone who played Tri a lot really gotten into this game? I still have good memories of when I hardly knew my way around a map but after 400+ hours I kind of got MH3'd out. Is there anyone who thought they were MH3'd out but realized they weren't when they got Ultimate?
I didn't play 400+ hours worth, but I did invest a lot of time in Tri. We slowed down and then stopped when we got ROFLstomped repeatedly by unwanted visits from Joe. Best part of coming back were the new monsters... fighting the old ones didn't have the same appeal for sure. And the new balance curve means we might actually have a shot against the big green jerk this time.

Prade

I didn't play 400+ hours worth, but I did invest a lot of time in Tri. We slowed down and then stopped when we got ROFLstomped repeatedly by unwanted visits from Joe. Best part of coming back were the new monsters... fighting the old ones didn't have the same appeal for sure. And the new balance curve means we might actually have a shot against the big green jerk this time.

Oh he's not too bad :). It does suck that you didn't stick it thru to at least get some revenge on him during end game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom