• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Unless something changed in 3U, this is not correct. KO and attack values for hammer attacks:

| Type | Value | Description | KO |
|------------------+---------------+------------------------------+--------|
| Unsheathe Attack | 15% | Attack without weapon drawn | -- |
| Hammer Check | 15% | Down | -- |
| Hammer Pound 1 | 52% | Up | 15 |
| Hammer Pound 2 | 20% | Up (After Hammer Pound 1) | 15 |
| Golf Swing | 65% | Up (After Hammer Pound 2) | 27 |
| Lv1 Charge | 22% | R button | 15 |
| Lv1 Follow-Up | 15% | Up (After Lv1 Charge) | -- |
| Lv2 Uppercut | 36% | R button (Hold) | 27 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Lv3 Superpound | 20% & 76% | R button (Hold, 2 hits) | 48 |
| Lv3 Spin Attack | 20%, 10% x5 | L-Stick + R button | -- |
| Lv3 Spin Release | 60% | Up (During spin attack < 3) | 27 |
|Lv3 Spin Golfswing| 90% | Up (During spin attack > 3) | 48 |
| Lv3 Spin Finisher| 40% | Up (No button while spinning)| 27

The golfswing has 27 KO, much less than the super pound. If you go for the golf swing, it's for the damage, not the KO value; monsters rarely sit still long enough for the head to get whopped by it. The uppercut is only 27 KO.

R. Ludroth is resilient toward being KOed, though. If you have a green weapon, it'll take 5-6 super pounds to take him out, depending on how good you are. With a purple weapon, it'll only take 3-4. I don't know anything about P. Ludroth, though.

Those are Tri's values with its infamously OP superpound and attacks where they inexplicably removed the KO value entirely rendering the moves useless (side pound, unsheathe). I'm going off P3rd's since those are the most up-to-date we have, and 3U definitely has the KO value added back to those moves so I figured they just kept the P3rd balancing (and just my own 'feeling' having been using a hammer). Nobody knows absolutely for certain what 3U's using because the official guides we have just rated everything by 'stars'. I don't know if Gamefaqs has worked out the absolute values yet.

Those are Tri's values with its infamously OP superpound and attacks where they inexplicably removed the KO value entirely rendering the moves useless (side pound, unsheathe). I'm going off P3rd's since those are the most up-to-date we have, and 3U definitely has the KO value added back to those moves so I figured they just kept the P3rd balancing (and just my own 'feeling' having been using a hammer). Nobody knows absolutely for certain what 3U's using because the official guides we have just rated everything by 'stars'. I don't know if Gamefaqs has worked out the absolute values yet.
Ah, I see. What did P3rd drop the superpounds KO value to? It can't be too bad, because I'm still KOing Great Jaggi with a green weapon in 3 super pounds (IIRC).

Edit: Nevermind, I found it:

| Charge pound 5+27 |

That doesn't seem to match up with my experiences in KO attempts. My guess is that it either has the Tri value or is somewhere in-between these two.

Mupod

Ah, I see. What did P3rd drop the superpounds KO value to? It can't be too bad, because I'm still KOing Great Jaggi with a green weapon in 3 super pounds (IIRC).

Edit: Nevermind, I found it:

| Charge pound 5+27 |

That doesn't seem to match up with my experiences in KO attempts. My guess is that it either has the Tri value or is somewhere in-between these two.

Like I said, don't know for sure. But everywhere I've looked seems to agree that we're on P3rd's damage values. I'd test it myself but even if I knew for certain what the values were I'd probably still fight the same way, heh.

Goddamn Pink Rathalos hits HARD. How am I supposed to fight it?
I found Pink Rathian much easier the second/third time around after observing her movements. If you've faced Rathian before, there are some key differences to watch out for:

1. Her bite attack is accompanied by a fiery burst in front of her. Make sure to stay behind or off to the side of her when you see the rear back. Same goes for some of her other moves, so staying in front (or even slightly to the side of the head) isn't too safe.
2. Along with her regular backflip, she has a more twisty backflip that ends up turning her to the left/right. In this case, you have to watch carefully which direction she faces afterwards, so you don't face retaliation.
3. In the air, she will do insta-backflips a bit more, so make sure not to stay in front (if you're a hammer user, for example). Tail attacks may be best here.

Otherwise, it's a similar deal to regular Rathian. Take your time with the battle, and bring potions and antidotes (skip antidotes if you've made some Wroggi armor).

explodet

Been looking through the old DLC quests from MHP3 (damn there were a lot of anime ones) and I really hope they get the Zinogre Keytar in MH3U.

EDIT: Ooh, the 3G JP version got it too. That bodes well.

Porcile

Are the quests you get in the Marina area much more focused towards multiplayer, even though you can still play them single? I feel like that area doesn't get explained very well, but that could be because I can't read any of text thanks to size and overscan, so I quite possibly missed something.

Hoodbury

Are the quests you get in the Marina area much more focused towards multiplayer, even though you can still play them single? I feel like that area doesn't get explained very well, but that could be because I can't read any of text thanks to size and overscan, so I quite possibly missed something.

Yep, the monsters are adjusted for multiplayer in the marina.

ryz

Has anyone here killed Lagiacrus with a Long sword on the urgent quest? I'm not confident I can do it with the Ananta Boneblade. I can either use that or the Plume Flint hammer.

Jep, i've killed Lagiacrus with the Ananta Boneblade and the Jaggi Armor. Worked good to be honest.

creid

The transfer is readily available. You just have to download the app off the 3ds eshop. And one note. Once you transfer don't go into continue on the menu or else it'll mess up the save transfer. I have to delete my 3ds save now before I can re transfer so I havn't touched the 3ds version for a couple days.
Wait, what's the issue?

Mupod

Am I the only person that makes lists like this?

i do something like that for the weird-ass sets with materials from all kinds of monsters.

usually by the time I get rubies/plates/whatever I have lots of everything else. If I have trouble with something specific (looking at you Barioth Spike) I'll look up droprates and form a battle plan (pitfall and break the part I want, suicide the tail off with an LS, etc).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Circle Pad Pro today. That helped immensely with the underwater missions. :)

Rumour has it the wife is buying me a Wii U for my birthday! Looks like I'll be ready with my dual blade wielding low rank hunter for them online sessions after the 15th, GAF!!

Better get going on those MP missions to boost my HR some before then. :/

Are you guys using the PRO controller for the U version?

Emitan

MonsterHunter_Comic_Plate_Runs_by_bleedingcrow.jpg
I need a plate and a ruby ;~;

Kyzon

So I hunted until 3:30am, I fall asleep, and at about 9am I wake up because I hear SOOO TASTY!!!

Turns out that I won't be going online until about 1pm pacific time. GF took the monhun disk out of my wii u and is playing again on hers. I think I may just go out and buy her the game.

Mupod

I did at first, but now I just use the gamepad. It's a great controller for MH.

I would use the gamepad all the time but the battery craps out on me after a few hours online and you need to go back to the menu to switch.

So I rearranged my bedroom just so I can have it set up next to me on the nightstand while I use the Pro Controller. Hopefully it picks up my voice from there just fine, but so far it seems to have had no trouble weirding out my fellow hunters when my niece starts crying about having to go to bed.

Mupod

Now I can't get on.

Btw after watching many streams it seems everyone's armour and weapon box is the default mess.

Am I the only one who organises it like this?

I eventually do set it up like that. I just...haven't yet. Also accidentally auto sorting afterwards means HORRIFIED QUIT BACK TO MENU.

!At which hunter rank does he appears?he's one of the most intimidating monsters ever made!just like his armor.

He's not in 3U, but he was in P3rd. He must mean Agnaktor, lol.

explodet

Screw the default mess. I've got separate exclusive pages for weapons and armor.

Talismans on the other hand, are just an explosion of color. I need to go in there and sell the redundant ones one of these days.

I eventually do set it up like that. I just...haven't yet. Also accidentally auto sorting afterwards means HORRIFIED QUIT BACK TO MENU.

He's not in 3U, but he was in P3rd. He must mean Agnaktor, lol.

Glacial Agna is in MH3U..

Also yeah, ive pressed x a few times but managed to save it.

Apenheul

I would use the gamepad all the time but the battery craps out on me after a few hours online and you need to go back to the menu to switch.

So I rearranged my bedroom just so I can have it set up next to me on the nightstand while I use the Pro Controller. Hopefully it picks up my voice from there just fine, but so far it seems to have had no trouble weirding out my fellow hunters when my niece starts crying about having to go to bed.

Good point, I don't often play games for extended times anymore so it hasn't happened to me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom