• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take for a hired hunter to come back? Can I spend time it the moga woods?

I ran into this feature by chance after playing online I thought they were Gaffers still one lol

I wish they would collect the parts of monsters I need to level up my armor and weapons

Fewr

I takes me 40mins to do a Lagiacrus with long sword. I needed the horns so I decided to craft a Lagia Hunting Horn. It was the best decision I've made, now I capture Lagias in 15 mins. Lagiacrus armor looks cool.

Next: Duramboros armor.

burgerdog

The wiki is failing me at the moment, I did all the listed key quests and the urgent didn't pop. Does anyone know how to trigger the Brachy 8* village quest?

Santiako

Kayamba is the one true bro
3q81hHo.jpg

Koroviev

I'm having a much better time with this on WU. I really like the environments. First time in a while that I've actually felt compelled to look around in a game and appreciate the scenery.

DaBoss

So basically if my 3ds breaks I'm sol?

You can send it to Nintendo and they would be able to transfer everything to a new 3DS or repair it. If you lose it, you have to file a police report and then they will transfer stuff to a new 3DS if you choose to buy one.

DaBoss

I don't have an XL yet but hope I can transfer my game over to the XL without issue so I don't understand this tied stuff you mean Wii U?

Any game that you download on the 3DS or Wii U can't be used on any other hardware than the one you have it downloaded on. For the 3DS, you can move games to a new 3DS (XL) through a system transfer. There is no "real" account system where the games are tied to your account.

Lizardus

Finally upgraded my Arzuros Axe with 10 Carpenter bugs, only to find out I need 6 more to make the Wroggi Armour. Good thing I downloaded the 3DS version so I can farm those at work.

The ride never ends.

traveler

Not Wario
I think I have just exhausted my luck, two Jho hunts, two gems.

Wonder if the drop rate is messed up. I've only killed Jho twice as well (in the course of killing other things- Jaggia and C Peco) and I got a gem both times as well.

How are the Jho weapons? I'm not really that familiar with the theorycrafting behind this series, but, while their raw is pretty high, I've been reluctant to part with my slime weapons, even if the actual dmg is lower.

Hattori

Banned
yeah I'm starting to think the jho drop rates are kinda weird, I haven't got a talon at all and it's suppose to be the second highest % drop, oh well I'm still quite happy and content x)

edit: where do I get fulgurbugs?

Emitan

Brachydios Gem has the worst item drop rate ever (only talking about drops you can get in high rank).

I got 1 on my first hunt with Deviljho. I never fought it after that lol.

Just keep farming that Pink Rathian. You should get it eventually. :D
*throws another Rathian Plate into the junk pile*

DaBoss

Deviljho Gem rates are:
Body Carve: 2%
Tail Carve: 3%
Shiny Drop: 1%
Capture: 4%

yeah I'm starting to think the jho drop rates are kinda weird, I haven't got a talon at all and it's suppose to be the second highest % drop, oh well I'm still quite happy and content x)

edit: where do I get fulgurbugs?

Use a bugnet on Zinogre's back.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I'm convinced dual ____ quests get you drops for gems/mantles/palliums at a way higher rate than the individual fights. Since they have reduced health during those quests it's not that much more difficult either.

Farmed a bunch of rathalos, didn't get a mantle until I did a dual rath/azure quest
Farmed a bunch of narga, got 1 mantle out of 17 kills, did the triple narga quest and got 2 first try
Killed 10 or so brachy, didn't get a gem, did the dual brachy urgent and got a pallium + gem on first try
Killed 10 or so stygian zinogre, no skyemeralds, did the dual version, got 1, did the dual version again, got THREE

Ridley327

I'm convinced dual ____ quests get you drops for gems/mantles/palliums at a way higher rate than the individual fights. Since they have reduced health during those quests it's not that much more difficult either.

Farmed a bunch of rathalos, didn't get a mantle until I did a dual rath/azure quest
Farmed a bunch of narga, got 1 mantle out of 17 kills, did the triple narga quest and got 2 first try
Killed 10 or so brachy, didn't get a gem, did the dual brachy urgent and got a pallium + gem on first try
Killed 10 or so stygian zinogre, no skyemeralds, did the dual version, got 1, did the dual version again, got THREE

I don't think it's just you at all; the Colorful Beasts DLC quest has provided me with a veritable bounty of rare materials for Rathalos, Nargacuga, and Zinogre.

So just wondering, is the guide worth it considering that I can't find the percentages for everything on some FAQ somewhere yet, like the Unite-and-prior games?

Or should I just wait for someone to do a data dump, and keep hunting with an eye on my desire sensor?

DaBoss

So just wondering, is the guide worth it considering that I can't find the percentages for everything on some FAQ somewhere yet, like the Unite-and-prior games?

Or should I just wait for someone to do a data dump, and keep hunting with an eye on my desire sensor?

To be quite frank, just wait for an info dump or ask someone on GAF to post the percentages. Not really worth it to buy it for the percentages when the info can easily be shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom